Fordmods Logo

Fuel pumps and filters 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: Fuel pumps and filters
Posted: Mon May 28, 2007 10:46 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 29 images

VIC, Australia

Hey guys, well after doing my BBM conversion, I now feel as though the car is running out of fuel sometimes. Well I bought a new fuel filter for my ED (Ryco Z373) and when connected, fuel just p****d out from where the threads are. Well, after cleaning up my old one with a rag on the outside, I found it had a number 200 on it, which could be and EA one (Ryco Z200). Now they look identical, just they sit slightly different (where the fuel line sits in the filter). Does this mean the previous owner possibly put an EA fuel line (why, well that another question) and possibly an EA fuel pump. I think I read somewhere on Fordmods about there being different pressures on different fuel pumps, could this be the problem??

If so, can I just change the fuel pump without changing the lines, or will that pose issues? If so, would you recommend say an EL pump, still connected to the lines in the car using and EA fuel filter (I'd imagine there would be SFA difference), just want to make sure.

Cheers,

Mark.

Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 7:54 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU2 Ute

VIC, Australia

The fuel filter in my EA is up the front of the car and has push on fittings and hose clamps for the fuel line.

Not sure if that helps.

Are the threads both clean? Maybe try some kind of sealant. I think you can buy fuel safe plumbers tape.

Its not the fuel pumps fault. Changing it wont help.

I would take the old filter into repco or something and get them to replace it with one the same.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]