fuel pumps 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: fuel pumps
Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:12 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: XF Wagon

VIC, Australia

G'day

Does anyone know if a later model e series wagon pump will fit into an xf tank that is currently carby?

Cheers

If its too loud your too old!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:06 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AUXR6 HP With Ducati SupA Bike!

WA, Australia

umm prolly not also the pump from the e seires will be rated too high a operating pressure and will f**k your carby up

RIP SCOTT

Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:00 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

yeah, EFI fuel pumps will have too much pressure for a carby application.

Cheers

EDIT - Sorry, just read that you said it was currently. I remember reading your going megasquirt.

If you are converting an XF falcon sedan, then no. An e series wagon fuel pump is side mounted, with a much smaller hole then the sedans. However a fuel pump from an EFI version, but upgraded (new fuel pump on the same bracket), should do the job.

Cheers

;++JustForDimSim++;

Cheap, fast and reliable.. choose 2.

Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:37 pm 
Tyre Shredder

VIC, Australia

G'day

Sorry should have made myself a little clearer.

Ive got a xf wagon thats going to be efi. Its carby atm.

So do you think that an ef pump will fit?

Cheers

Post subject: Fuel pump inline.
Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:36 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

hey dude, i am doing a 4.0l conversion on my car, and just fitted a fuel pump to my sedan, she is almost running, i will go get the part number right now, its an inline pump that has the same specs as a ebII sedan pump, which is around 114psi, closed head and 140lt/hr or something is i remember, its an aftermarket GOSS fuel pump, i got it for cheaper cause i get better than trade, i paid around 130-140 bucks, don't know what they retail at, its a GOSS GE034, pretty easy to wire up, hardwire pump to battery with relay, u need to run a 5mm power cable, ground through the chassis will be fine, need a fuse aswell, 40amps should do it. I ran 6mm cable, little expensive, but easier flow of current when she needs it. Also get a ryco inline filter, put on before the pump and one in the return line, i think the were a F14k or something, not sure about the F bit but definitly 14k. u will also need high pressure lines and clamps, u can use the metal fuel lines just need high pressure s**t for in between. anyways, my 4.0l is almost running. Give us a yell if u need any further help, i am in Western Australia, if u want me to get a fuel pump for cheaper hit me up, cause they retail at like 300or something i recall, anyways good luck....

Muff

Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:40 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 7 images

NSW, Australia

To be honest, I can't remember the XF wagon setup, but deep within my memory, I remember someone transplanted an XG fuel tank with the pump and all into an XF wagon... I think that was the "stock" way around it.

The E series wagon fuel pumps mount on the passenger side of the fuel tank, they have the sender, and the fuel pump on a cradle, which is removeable by a circular clamp sortof thing. If yours is anything similar, then yeah, its doable. Pitty you're in melbourne, Ive got a spare cradle somewhere and a couple of EBII/ED/EF/EL pumps lying around you couldve had.

Cheers

;++JustForDimSim++;

Cheap, fast and reliable.. choose 2.

Post subject: what the ? drugs maybe >?
Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:34 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

u don't need to swap any tanks or anything, inline fuel pump, original tank, Its a goss pump part number is there, go buy one, put it inline, wire it up DONE, thats it no need to waste time, just as expensive but its all new parts. Simple ?

Muff

Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:32 pm 
Tyre Shredder

VIC, Australia

G'day

Thanks muff sounds easy. The goss pump you talk of is not an intank pump is it? The only problem i then have is what is allready in the tank. The outlet on my wagon is on the passenger side just the same as on other wagons. Whats in the tank of a carby tank? I can see the 2 pipes that go into it but thats it. Do i just conect the new lines to the outlets that are there? I cant find it in the ford factory manual for my car.

I thought the filters went on the injectors side of the fuel pump.

I think i will go with the same setup as you muff. It sounds a heap easier than what i was going to do.

So now ive got a list that looks like this:
Goss pump
ZL fairlane filter
Xf fuel pressure reg
19lb injectors

Cheers

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]