FUEL SENDER RESISTOR Chip/s 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: FUEL SENDER RESISTOR Chip/s
Posted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:38 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: XG Panel Van

NSW, Australia

Hi to All -
New to the forum - I thought I would pass on some information to those who may need it, as I did. The fuel gauge recently died, and FORD no longer make a sender unit for my XG, so I researched the issue and found that new aftermarket Resistor Card/s were avaiable from a company in Wangaratta called Insparts http://www.insparts.com.au OR more to the point from their Stockist/s, so if you are needing a new Fuel Sender unit, chances are it is the Thick Film Resistor Chip/Card that has expired (worn out).

The one I fitted to the XG restored the gauge to how it should be, it is made from a piece of single sided PCB with a surface mount resistor and some fine resistor wire wound around for the pick up arm to run against to send the correct resistance to the fuel gauge. quite a simple item but I would hate to try and make one ....

Anyway check out Insparts for a listing of their stockists and order through them, as I am not sure if Insparts sell to the public.

It is good to see that there is an Aussie company looking after the needs of the drivers.

Hope this info is helpful to whomever needs it.

Cheers -
Greg
COOMA NSW

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]