Fordmods Logo

Further to the many injector discussions...... 

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Post subject: Further to the many injector discussions......
Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

Considering there have been so many discussions regarding injector cleaning/replacement, I thought you might like to know the AZNEW brand distribute through Repco and I enquired as to how much - for an AU, exchange price is $230.99 for the set (6)

Its been suggested that mechanics charge $20ea just to clean them if you take them out and put them back in, is it worth having them cleaned? I mean thats about $38.50 for new/reco (however they describe them).

I assume they can't be found much cheaper elsewhere (how cheap can you go??).

Also, are the Aznew exchange ones going to be considerably better than having existing ones cleaned? Mines an AU with 221,000 on it so I am thinking that cleaning/replacment may actually be worth while.

So I guess the question is:

Will cleaning them make $120 worth of difference?
Will replacement ones make $230 worth of difference?

What do you think?
Ta!

Post subject: Re: Further to the many injector discussions......
Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: PX2 Ranger 4x4 XLT Dual CAB

VIC, Australia

falconboy wrote:
Will cleaning them make $120 worth of difference?

IMO Cleaning them makes $120 worth of differance if they are done properly. Unfortunatly the last set I had done I don't think they were.

She's meanness put to music and the b**ch is born to run!
Like the sign says, "speed's just a question of money. How fast can you go?"

Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:13 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 29 images

Ride: VU SS

NSW, Australia

Thanks for the headsup man. Might go into repco and see what the deal with E-Series injectors are price wise...

EF Fairmont now Sold!
Guides: Polishing|Modifications |Manual Conversion

Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:24 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 7 images

NSW, Australia

Maybe try some Magna injectors, the flow rate is the same 19 Lbs but they have a different flow pattern or something, I heard good things about them.. that and they are cheaper than the ford ones AFAIK... give it a go, and post up results as I might go this way.... :lol:

Cheers

;++JustForDimSim++;

Cheap, fast and reliable.. choose 2.

Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:19 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

justfordima wrote:
Maybe try some Magna injectors, the flow rate is the same 19 Lbs but they have a different flow pattern or something, I heard good things about them.. that and they are cheaper than the ford ones AFAIK... give it a go, and post up results as I might go this way.... :lol:

Cheers

Spray pattern doesn't make any difference to power or economy. I've got a magazine somewhere that has an atricle in it that proved that myth wrong.

The guy used 3 different types of injectors, all the same flow rate. He put them into the intake runners a number of different ways. Injecting straight into the port, injecting away from the port, injecting perpendicular to the port. Every dyno test was the same with every injector.

The only thing that made a difference to power with injector placement was putting the injectors further away from the intake port. This gave poorer low end power and torque, but a significant improvement in high end power and torque.

Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:03 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: Kia Rio - 1.4L Auto

Power: 238 rwkw

VIC, Australia

If you are willing to pay $231 for injectors, then you should go to Ford and buy new ones, cos thats how much they cost brand new.

These AZNEW injectors from Repco are just cleaned and tested injectors. IE the same deal you are getting from every mechanic for $20 per injector.

If you go into Repco and tell them they are tools cos Ford can give you brand newies for $240, they will go, "oh s**t.. I'll give you trade price then, which is $145.70". This is exactly what they did when I bought a set of their AZNEW injectors.

Dont forget Ripco require a $450 deposit for these injectors until you return yours.

Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Mate, I dunno what Ford dealer you are getting them from, but 2 different ford dealers just quoted me $123.90 EACH. The Aznew price was for 6!

Oh, and if you take your injectors out first and take them when you pick up your exchange ones = no deposit.

Tell me, which dealer, I'll go and buy them today!

I have a funny feeling you might be a little mistaken.......you'd better check!

arm79 wrote:
If you are willing to pay $231 for injectors, then you should go to Ford and buy new ones, cos thats how much they cost brand new.

These AZNEW injectors from Repco are just cleaned and tested injectors. IE the same deal you are getting from every mechanic for $20 per injector.

If you go into Repco and tell them they are tools cos Ford can give you brand newies for $240, they will go, "oh s**t.. I'll give you trade price then, which is $145.70". This is exactly what they did when I bought a set of their AZNEW injectors.

Dont forget Ripco require a $450 deposit for these injectors until you return yours.

Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:35 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: Kia Rio - 1.4L Auto

Power: 238 rwkw

VIC, Australia

falconboy wrote:
Mate, I dunno what Ford dealer you are getting them from, but 2 different ford dealers just quoted me $123.90 EACH. The Aznew price was for 6!

Oh, and if you take your injectors out first and take them when you pick up your exchange ones = no deposit.

arm79 wrote:

No I'm not mistaken at all...

Westpoint Ford, Binks Ford and Bayford.. All Melbourne dealers...

They were about $40 each then I was going out to buy them... From memory is was $40.50... Rex Gorrell in Geelong was doing them for $16.50 each at one stage, but I missed out on that offer... dcstraight (one of our mods) managed to score some at trade price for about $25 per injector.

Now this was upto about 6 months ago, and were prices for injectors in Melbourne.

And yes, if you take the injectors in and do a straight swap, then there is no deposit...

Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon EB-s

WA, Australia

unclewoja wrote:
justfordima wrote:

Cheers

Spray pattern doesn't make any difference to power or economy. I've got a magazine somewhere that has an atricle in it that proved that myth wrong.

The guy used 3 different types of injectors, all the same flow rate. He put them into the intake runners a number of different ways. Injecting straight into the port, injecting away from the port, injecting perpendicular to the port. Every dyno test was the same with every injector.

The only thing that made a difference to power with injector placement was putting the injectors further away from the intake port. This gave poorer low end power and torque, but a significant improvement in high end power and torque.

Anyone else thinking what i am? Two sets of injectors, operated by an rpm switch, similar to the BBM. As the BBM changes, so do the location of the injectors. Have a slight overlap so that they dont starve for a second, and try it out. ANyone willing to stick a few extra holes in their manifold?

The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

It seems strange, practically unbelievable that Melbourne Ford dealers would charge $240 and Sydney $743.40 for the same thing. Not unheard of I guess, but very strange.....

Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Something funny going on.....

Either Fords prices have skyrocketed in the last 6 months, or they were on 'extra special' special at the time or someone got it wrong....

Current Prices:

Westpoint: $720 set
Binks: $747.35 set
Bay: $749 set

Makes $240 for Aznew seem like a bargain.......

I have learnt something though - the 3 guys I spoke to in Melbourne actually had personality - a little bit of that in the motor trade here in Sydney wouldn't go astray!

arm79 wrote:
falconboy wrote:

arm79 wrote:

No I'm not mistaken at all...

Westpoint Ford, Binks Ford and Bayford.. All Melbourne dealers...

They were about $40 each then I was going out to buy them... From memory is was $40.50... Rex Gorrell in Geelong was doing them for $16.50 each at one stage, but I missed out on that offer... dcstraight (one of our mods) managed to score some at trade price for about $25 per injector.

Now this was upto about 6 months ago, and were prices for injectors in Melbourne.

And yes, if you take the injectors in and do a straight swap, then there is no deposit...

Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Andrew J wrote:
Anyone else thinking what i am? Two sets of injectors, operated by an rpm switch, similar to the BBM. As the BBM changes, so do the location of the injectors. Have a slight overlap so that they dont starve for a second, and try it out. ANyone willing to stick a few extra holes in their manifold?

A lot of people who have put Megasquirt (IMHO the best aftermarket ECU because it's got the power of Motech and costs about $300) on their cars use the dual table function of teh ECU to control two sets of injectors. One for low RPM, and one for high RPM. If their car is turbo or supercharged, then use both sets of injectors under boost.

It works on the same principle as having different length intakes. Short for low RPM, and long for high RPM. If you're really into it, you can even design a variable length intake manifold that changes in relation to engine speed.

Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

falconboy wrote:
It seems strange, practically unbelievable that Melbourne Ford dealers would charge $240 and Sydney $743.40 for the same thing. Not unheard of I guess, but very strange.....

A 2 can look very much like a 7 if the copy is crap or you're a few french fries short of a happy meal.

Seems to me a reasonable explanation.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 13 posts ]