Fordmods Logo

growler kits 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: growler kits
Posted: Sat May 17, 2014 10:44 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Ford FG XR6

SA, Australia

Is a growler kit worth the money ? Is there a benefit to putting one on a stock engine and what should I expect from one?

Post subject: Re: growler kits
Posted: Fri May 30, 2014 7:05 pm 
Parts Gopher

SA, Australia

nitrofgxr6 wrote:
Is a growler kit worth the money ? Is there a benefit to putting one on a stock engine and what should I expect from one?

anyone.......? I have also looked at herrod and KPM motor sport. Both look like they make something that almost looks factory for the FG that has a huge intake compared to standard. Any feedback guys?

Posted: Fri May 30, 2014 7:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

all i can say is on my bf xr6 i changed my intake over to an xr8/xr6t snorkel and didnt really see much difference though it is a little bigger, but i later added the typhoon lower intake to my air box and that seen a difference up high in the rpm, not exactly back breaking acceleration but it was a small increase,
i cant speak for the fg though,

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Fri May 30, 2014 8:43 pm 
Parts Gopher

SA, Australia

bry40l wrote:
all i can say is on my bf xr6 i changed my intake over to an xr8/xr6t snorkel and didnt really see much difference though it is a little bigger, but i later added the typhoon lower intake to my air box and that seen a difference up high in the rpm, not exactly back breaking acceleration but it was a small increase,
i cant speak for the fg though,

I did the same air intake snorkel mod on my ba I used to have, didn't notice a thing. Didn't do the lower half of the air box though. These ones both on the herrod website and on the kpm motorsport website have huge air intake area though. Herrods is $495 and kpms is $595. Its a lot of money for just a piece of plastic and filter, but they do give a factory look, without the YOUR GOING TO BE DEFECTED LOOK. Of course they are going to say theirs is great but im after some individuals opinion of what they have experienced with these. I think the SS inductions growler kit is over priced and cheesy looking.

Posted: Fri May 30, 2014 9:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

Growlers are definitely over priced. I researched alot on google before deciding to fit the factory stuff. I found that the tyhoon lower intake and xr8 top flows enough for any n/a 4.0l. What I like most is the factory look.
the only people I see buying growlers are young clowns with too much money who just read the advertising and hand over the cash. My opinion is they look as good as an unboxed pod on a vn :lol:

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:33 pm 
Parts Gopher

SA, Australia

Getting a streetfighter air intake from KPM performance tomorrow. Will report on it after testing. Told from KPM should get 7 - 10 kw with no other mods.

Posted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:33 pm 
Parts Gopher

SA, Australia

Well KPM air intake is now fitted. Has definite deep induction note, pulls a lot harder from 3000rpm onwards and I would say it feels a tad faster for initial acceleration. Apparently it will take a little while for the computer to fully know that the engine is getting more air so apparently it can only get better. Cat back exhaust may be next followed by flash tune.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]