Fordmods Logo

Has anyone manage to get a MSII to run with ba engine??? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: Has anyone manage to get a MSII to run with ba engine???
Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:15 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF V8 Futura, 180sx

QLD, Australia

Hey guys

i was wondering if anyone got a ba engine running on a MSII ecu? and if so you using the vct or not and what modification did you do to the engine ingnition system to make it work???

Ford EF Futura Black
18" koya Strykers, AU engine with port and polish EB head, crow valve springs, standard cam, Large aftermarket RX7 turbo, T5 manual 3" intercooler piping, 600x300x100 intercooler core, MSII with innovate wideband O2 sensor and guage. BA F6 bodykit

Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:29 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: anything with a engine

QLD, Australia

I think the following questions need answers to determin if a Megasquirt could run a BA motor. I would be very supprised if someone has already done it with an MS2.

Does anyone have any info on how the VCT system works? What signals are required to control the VCT, etc. (if it uses a PWM signal then MS2 might be able to do it with some mods).

Does anyone have the pinouts for the coils? Do the coils have internal ignitors (3 wire?) or do they require external ignitors (2 wire?). Either way MS could handle this.

What type of Crank / Cam trigger does the BA motor use? I would assume it uses a 36-1 wheel and VR sensor like the earlier models.

The way I see it VCT is the main issue, Just need to work out if it will be a problem or not. The fuel and ignition can just be worked out once you have the engine.

Cheers

Daniel

For Sale; EF Plug and Play Megasquirt ECU Package. Includes ECU, adaptor loom, base tune, software.

Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF V8 Futura, 180sx

QLD, Australia

ok i did a little looking around and they only got 2 wires to the coil

see picture of ba coil only 2 pins

and the vct im not sure about but i got a mate who works at ford ill give him a buzz and ask him and see if he can find out.

Ford EF Futura Black
18" koya Strykers, AU engine with port and polish EB head, crow valve springs, standard cam, Large aftermarket RX7 turbo, T5 manual 3" intercooler piping, 600x300x100 intercooler core, MSII with innovate wideband O2 sensor and guage. BA F6 bodykit

Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: MCMXCV Falcon

VIC, Australia

initially you could just lock the vct out

Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: 2007

NSW, Australia

I believe they actuators are PWM driven in the BA, there is a closed loop around the camshaft position sensor. That said if you wanted to control it as the AU did and just drive it hard at low RPM that should work OK. Otherwise the ECU will have to this capability.

BF Fairmont Ghia Series II update.
GQ XR6T ghia patrol.

,======o00o
//__|__|_,\_____\,___
|_/--\'_|'__|_/--\_[]IIII[]
_( o ) )_____( o ) )=o=) )__

Posted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:10 pm 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

Megasquirt has a mapable PWM output (Boost Control) that you can map PWM based on RPM and Engine load. I was thinking you could use this to control the VCT. Just need details like PWM frequency, PWM percentage fully retarded and fully advanced, etc.

For Sale; EF Plug and Play Megasquirt ECU Package. Includes ECU, adaptor loom, base tune, software.

Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:27 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Toyota Supra RZ

VIC, Australia

Enough with the aftermarket ecu's for ba's..

its like flogging a dead horse, get over it.

the factory ecu is the bomb diggidy and an aftermarket will never control the vct properly, the vct system monitors oil pressure and temperature to operate the vct, and like someone else said it monitors the actual position of the cams and adjusts the positions, just like it tunes the fuel map with the oxygen sensor.

Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:19 am 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

I totaly agree that an aftermarket ECU won't be as good as the factory ECU for controlling the VCT. But Xflow is talking about a BA engine used in a conversion (not in a BA) so using an aftermarket ECU would avoid all the wiring problems with the factory ECU.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]