headlights flashing once and then not working 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: headlights flashing once and then not working
Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:45 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: falcon au

QLD, Australia

Gday, This morning preparing to head off to work in my Au series 1 falcon, I found myself as I do every morning starting up the engine turning the headlights on and reversing out of the driveway, except this morning after putting the headlights on full I found they came on briefly then flashed twice; like the flashers do when you open and close the doors on the keyless entry,and now they wont come on at all, only the low beam works, I have checked the fuses and the relays and everything seems to be in order. Can anyone in fordmod land assist me with my dilema, cheers Stuart

Post subject: Re: headlights flashing once and then not working
Posted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:42 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL xr6

VIC, Australia

well i had a similar problem with my el xr6 this whole week.i got some new blue lights but the bulls**t ones from super cheap and my left head lights been flashing whilst i've been driving some times it worked some times it didn't so last night on my way down to lygon i changed the globe back the original one and it worked 10times better.i dont think that those after market globes have a good connection to them.all i can say is check the connection to your globes and check your globes make sure they actually work.if you cant find the problem then you'll sadly have to take it to an auto elec..
cheers daniel

EL xr6,standard a** au motor,hi-tech headers, 2 1/2inch red back,,Tikky kitted and wingless,Black GT-P's,on ultra lows and still too high

My Build: the-garage-f53/daniels-el-xr6-build-t100586.html

Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

well i had a similar problem with my el xr6 this whole week.i got some new blue lights but the bulls**t ones from super cheap and my left head lights been flashing whilst i've been driving some times it worked some times it didn't so last night on my way down to lygon i changed the globe back the original one and it worked 10times better.i dont think that those after market globes have a good connection to them.all i can say is check the connection to your globes and check your globes make sure they actually work.if you cant find the problem then you'll sadly have to take it to an auto elec..
cheers daniel

EL xr6,standard a** au motor,hi-tech headers, 2 1/2inch red back,,Tikky kitted and wingless,Black GT-P's,on ultra lows and still too high

Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

cheers daniel

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]