Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: hiding flash tuner
Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: ef xr6 turbo

SA, Australia

hello .

i have a xr6 turbo and am wanting to slightly modify it i already have an exhaust and a cai and will soon be wanting a larger intercooler. my question is i know the flash tuners can be removed but is there anyway ford can see what i have done ie changed computer settings even if i have removed the flash tuner.

i ask this because my car is under warrenty and say if i run more boost through the flash tuner and my motor fails if i remove the flash tuner can they see that it was running more boost

there are a few falcons in my drive way, some of them are turbo charged and some arent, some have big engines and some are small but they all have one thing in common and that is the blue oval on the front

Post subject: Re: hiding flash tuner
Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:38 pm 
NSW Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: TE50

NSW, Australia

yes ford can see if your car has been flashed, the SCT tuner adds extra pages to the stock tune, when you reflash with your stock tune, it does not delete those pages the ECU simply does not look for the address that info is on. Ford can see pretty quick if there are extra redundant pages in the ECU. typically some of these pages would be used to record lists of fault codes.

Not sure about the statment that ford can see how many times it was flashed though.

I have a car.

Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF F6 Tornado - #0077

VIC, Australia

a lot of ecu's now log how many times they have been taken to the rev limit and such.

depending on what ECU the car runs (i imagine a B series so it'd be an EEC-V?) you could find one, J3 flash it and keep the original in the shed.

** For Sale ** http://www.fordmods.com/ford-parts-for-sale-f17/assorted-e-series-parts-t124697.html

F6 Tornado 2006 Build

Is it about sex? The engine in my car? Or a cure for cancer?
No?

Then f**k off

Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:10 am 

Ride: 93EB Fairmont / BA Falcon XR6T

NSW, Australia

After reading the comments above id suggest leaving the flash tune until the warranty finishes. If you have already done it then you know your warranty is basically void if you have any engine / driveline problems.

93 EB II Fairmon8 with 17' EL GT's / Clear indicators / H.I.Ds / Sports exhaust / Lowered 2' / K&N / XR6 ECU.
2004 BA MKI XR6T in Lightning Strike paint / K&N / XR8 bonnet / BF lights and a few tweaks.

Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:26 am 
NSW Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: TE50

NSW, Australia

I am going to make the assumtpion that we are talking about a BF or FG since you mentioned warranty. So the comment of J3 chips is void, after talking to a fraud machanic last night he confirmed it depends on the current firmware of the ECU if it will hold amount of times it has been flashed, but when ever your car goes into ford, the put the latest firmware on.

Unsure if you are able to swap out the ECU's, I was under the impression that the SCT tuner was self assigning to one ECU, I spose if you really wanted you could get a second ECU, install that flash away on that, when it comes time to service and warranty claim your broken bits, reinstall your stock ECU with no history on it? although no fault codes either unless the car is still drivable with whatever broken bits.

I still think they would get suss, they are not as dosile as you think. they go into alot of info with the xr turbos, they know what most people do to them and try and find a way out of the warranty claim where there is a valid reason to.

I have a car.

Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: ef xr6 turbo

SA, Australia

k thanks for the advice fellas ill just spend the money on my ef

there are a few falcons in my drive way, some of them are turbo charged and some arent, some have big engines and some are small but they all have one thing in common and that is the blue oval on the front

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]