Fordmods Logo

HIM Module for the BA Falcon 2002 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: HIM Module for the BA Falcon 2002
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:04 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

Has anyone had to replace one of these and if so why? I'm having a problem with fan for the AIRCON staying on all the time....had to take out main fuse to disengage.

Have spoken to many many FORD EXperts

:P no one seems to have a clue??????

Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:29 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: LS3 VF

WA, Australia

2 comman faults which can cause this rob.
1 is a failed HIM module (im a qualified ford mechanic and i have seen it a few times).

its equally possible that one of the 2 connectors in the main wiring loom behind the LH headlamp under the airbox has filled with water and corroded.
Check this first.

Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:43 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR8, SX Ghia, WQ XR4

NSW, Australia

Wow, all the way out under the airbox affects the Fan? That's nasty. I'd suspect more than just the fan driver would be affected in the HIM though, since I thought that the Fan was connected directly to the HIM - one of the Power Regulators pasted to the Heat Sink the juts into the airflow on the back of the HIM is for driving the fan motor.

BTW, you're not a mechanic any more......;-)

Lukeyson

Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:15 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: LS3 VF

WA, Australia

Lukeyson wrote:
Wow, all the way out under the airbox affects the Fan? That's nasty. I'd suspect more than just the fan driver would be affected in the HIM though, since I thought that the Fan was connected directly to the HIM - one of the Power Regulators pasted to the Heat Sink the juts into the airflow on the back of the HIM is for driving the fan motor.

BTW, you're not a mechanic any more......;-)

Lukeyson

watch it you ;-) I've still got that trade certificate issues in 2007 on my desk, and a folder full of ford specific technical certificates including BA Climate Control systems :p.

Apparently the plug between the headlamp has an important earth or power feed to the him and when this gets shorted it causes the fan to run.

Sounds left field, but i have seen it many times

Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR8, SX Ghia, WQ XR4

NSW, Australia

Powering up my lab setup, I found that the FAN has a direct high-current feed that passes down the left of the engine bay, but it is via a single connector (it's not part of the 2 x big connectors) between the airbox/headlight, and onward to the Power Distribution box.

I had to provide power directly to this single connector to get the fan to run on the lab bench....

C-125 and C-391 appear to be the big-a** connectors you were talking about expression. C-124 is the 1or2 pin connector that carries the Blower Fan Power that I had to jumper to.

There must be something else in those 2 x big connectors doing it rather than just power.

Lukeyson

Post subject: Re: HIM Module for the BA Falcon 2002
Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:03 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Fg gs

QLD, Australia

Ok so I'm having exact same problem... Fan staying on. Checked connectors under air filter box but all clean. How do I check him module for failure before spending the time and money replacing it?

Post subject: Re: HIM Module for the BA Falcon 2002
Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:06 am 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Richo5 wrote:
Ok so I'm having exact same problem... Fan staying on. Checked connectors under air filter box but all clean. How do I check him module for failure before spending the time and money replacing it?

first this is 2008 thread -
corrosion/water in connector C125 can cause fan to stay on as well as other fault such as fuel pump staying on flat battery and others,but if you have checked this and all is ok points towards faulty HIM module - spray connectors with WD40 etc. just in case
best option is to have vehicle scanned for relavant codes and PID's- does your ICC show fan control indicator and does it vary with fan switch - try disconnecting and reconnecting HIM connectors -works sometimes -
HIM module is a dash out job-
if replacing with second hand HIM get same system or reprogram will be required -

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]