Fordmods Logo

HOW TO FIX FUEL GUAGE ON EF XR? 

 

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

 
 Post subject: HOW TO FIX FUEL GUAGE ON EF XR?
Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:12 am 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 26

Posts: 120

Joined: 31st Aug 2006

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 97 el xr6 ,97 el xr6

Location: melbourne
VIC, Australia

hey guys im trying to fix my partners fuel guage and it wont work i think its wiring,
I HAVE TRYED:
3 or 4 clusters
3 or 4 decenders (FUEL PUMPS) and made ure the plugs are all in.

when you start the car it goes up to full then drops back down to empty.
soo i dunno any tricks any one?
cheerz daniel

 

_________________

Image

Last edited by hawkzs on Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: HOW TO FIX FULE GUAGE ON EF XR?
Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:31 am 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 26

Posts: 120

Joined: 31st Aug 2006

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 97 el xr6 ,97 el xr6

Location: melbourne
VIC, Australia

uniacidz wrote:
Tried checking the sender unit and pump?

Ya spelling went weird on the second half of ya post.

yeah mate tryed it all :s

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: HOW TO FIX FULE GUAGE ON EF XR?
Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:30 pm 
Moderator
Offline

Posts: 14513

Joined: 7th Nov 2004

Ride: ford falcon au3 xr8

Location: a shit suburb in sydney
NSW, Australia

check the connection/ plug where the sender plugs into the loom..

oh and its,FUEL, NOT FULE... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: HOW TO FIX FUEL GUAGE ON EF XR?
Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:28 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 27

Posts: 168

Joined: 3rd Dec 2009

Ride: Falcon EL Option 20

Location: Redcliffe, Brisbane
QLD, Australia

Earth out the sender plug, if the gauge goes all the way up then the gauge is not at fault, it's the sender.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: HOW TO FIX FUEL GUAGE ON EF XR?
Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:08 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 26

Posts: 120

Joined: 31st Aug 2006

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 97 el xr6 ,97 el xr6

Location: melbourne
VIC, Australia

ive tryed diffrent senders , and diffrent gauges, im gonna attempt to re wire the whole way from the sender to the computer then to the cluster does and 1 no witch wires do the pump?
splosh123 wrote:
Earth out the sender plug, if the gauge goes all the way up then the gauge is not at fault, it's the sender.

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: ANY1 NO WHICH WIRE THE FUEL SENDER IS OUT OF COMP & CLUSTER?
Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:14 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 26

Posts: 120

Joined: 31st Aug 2006

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 97 el xr6 ,97 el xr6

Location: melbourne
VIC, Australia

Hey guys im gonna attempt to re wire my partners fuel guage after trying a few clusters and a few senders im lost so i wanna try re wire it like from sender to comp and comp to cluster?
cheerz daniel

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: ANY1 NO WHICH WIRE THE FUEL SENDER IS OUT OF COMP & CLUSTER?
Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:31 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 26

Posts: 120

Joined: 31st Aug 2006

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 97 el xr6 ,97 el xr6

Location: melbourne
VIC, Australia

ashcook wrote:
From memory, and this is going back a few years, but I think it is yellow with a dark green trace?
thanx mate ill have a look c =]

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: ANY1 NO WHICH WIRE THE FUEL SENDER IS OUT OF COMP & CLUSTER?
Posted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:30 am 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 26

Posts: 120

Joined: 31st Aug 2006

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 97 el xr6 ,97 el xr6

Location: melbourne
VIC, Australia

any one ealse no any thing about this problem?

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: HOW TO FIX FUEL GUAGE ON EF XR?
Posted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:41 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 27

Posts: 168

Joined: 3rd Dec 2009

Ride: Falcon EL Option 20

Location: Redcliffe, Brisbane
QLD, Australia

hawkzs wrote:
ive tryed diffrent senders , and diffrent gauges, im gonna attempt to re wire the whole way from the sender to the computer then to the cluster does and 1 no witch wires do the pump?
splosh123 wrote:
Earth out the sender plug, if the gauge goes all the way up then the gauge is not at fault, it's the sender.

Yeah sounds like a wiring fault somewhere along the line, do you have a workshop manual? I'll see if theres any info about it in my workshop manual.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: ANY1 NO WHICH WIRE THE FUEL SENDER IS OUT OF COMP & CLUSTER?
Posted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:08 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline

Posts: 258

Joined: 30th Dec 2007

Location: cairns
QLD, Australia

I have had several problems with the connector on the fuel sender being faulty.As in the contacts were very dirty and in one case the wire was brown from heat.Something to look at if you are having problems.You could also check the resistance of the wires going to the senders etc with a multimeter to make sure of no open circuit wires.Cheers Kevman.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: ANY1 NO WHICH WIRE THE FUEL SENDER IS OUT OF COMP & CLUSTER?
Posted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:05 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 26

Posts: 120

Joined: 31st Aug 2006

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 97 el xr6 ,97 el xr6

Location: melbourne
VIC, Australia

kevman wrote:
I have had several problems with the connector on the fuel sender being faulty.As in the contacts were very dirty and in one case the wire was brown from heat.Something to look at if you are having problems.You could also check the resistance of the wires going to the senders etc with a multimeter to make sure of no open circuit wires.Cheers Kevman.

thanks mate that helps heaps =]

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: HOW TO FIX FUEL GUAGE ON EF XR?
Posted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:05 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 26

Posts: 120

Joined: 31st Aug 2006

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 97 el xr6 ,97 el xr6

Location: melbourne
VIC, Australia

splosh123 wrote:
hawkzs wrote:
ive tryed diffrent senders , and diffrent gauges, im gonna attempt to re wire the whole way from the sender to the computer then to the cluster does and 1 no witch wires do the pump?
splosh123 wrote:
Earth out the sender plug, if the gauge goes all the way up then the gauge is not at fault, it's the sender.

Yeah sounds like a wiring fault somewhere along the line, do you have a workshop manual? I'll see if theres any info about it in my workshop manual.

no work shop manual, thanks bud

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: HOW TO FIX FUEL GUAGE ON EF XR?
Posted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:40 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 26

Posts: 120

Joined: 31st Aug 2006

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 97 el xr6 ,97 el xr6

Location: melbourne
VIC, Australia

ashcook wrote:
I have merged the two identical threads from different fourms, you only need one thread to ask the same question.

well your a moderator , make a button so i can delete 1 cause my mate made the other 1 and i didnt no
cheerz daniel

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 13 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:53 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names