Fordmods Logo

How to unlocking a vin-locked flash tuner? 

 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

 
 Post subject: How to unlocking a vin-locked flash tuner?
Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 25

Posts: 493

Joined: 21st Sep 2010

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BA XR6

Location: sydney
NSW, Australia

Hey guys i've got an Xcal3 flash tuner, just wanted to see if anyone knows how to get it unlocked from the car i used it on.

Reason for this is my xr6 was written off (but not at fault :D ). So I'm trying to get the tuner unlocked so i can sell it and recoup some of the money that it cost me.

Also the tuner only has default tunes for a N/A xr6 BA, would these tunes remain or be removed when unlocking the tuner?
Thanks

 

_________________

BA XR6
Performance mods: typhoon + territory pipe with K&N filter, full exhaust, BPR generic tune, lowered, xr6t front brakes, territory rear brakes
Visual mods: 19" rim, lower grill mesh, oil pressure and vacuum gauges, engine bay lighting, foot well lights
some of my main mods

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: How to unlocking a vin-locked flash tuner?
Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:44 pm 
Moderator
Offline

Posts: 14513

Joined: 7th Nov 2004

Ride: ford falcon au3 xr8

Location: a shit suburb in sydney
NSW, Australia

without returning the car its married to back to stock you cant unlock it..
if you don't have access to that car throw it in the bin.. its completely useless..
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: How to unlocking a vin-locked flash tuner?
Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:46 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 4182

Joined: 30th May 2005

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

Location: BrisVegas
QLD, Australia

IIRC Herrod can and will unlock the Flash Tuner IF you can provide evidence the vehicle it is locked to is in fact written off.

 

_________________

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

51TER - DL LTD. Stock.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: How to unlocking a vin-locked flash tuner?
Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 25

Posts: 493

Joined: 21st Sep 2010

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BA XR6

Location: sydney
NSW, Australia

Yep troyman is correct, called up herrod they can't unlock it. Guess it's a ugly paper weight now....

 

_________________

BA XR6
Performance mods: typhoon + territory pipe with K&N filter, full exhaust, BPR generic tune, lowered, xr6t front brakes, territory rear brakes
Visual mods: 19" rim, lower grill mesh, oil pressure and vacuum gauges, engine bay lighting, foot well lights
some of my main mods

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: How to unlocking a vin-locked flash tuner?
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:47 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 4182

Joined: 30th May 2005

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

Location: BrisVegas
QLD, Australia

winman wrote:
Yep troyman is correct, called up herrod they can't unlock it. Guess it's a ugly paper weight now....

Did you mention the car has been written off? And if so, you are able to provide proof? I think they said at the time of taking over the rights that they could send them back to SCT under circumstances where the original vehicle was written off and it can be proven.

 

_________________

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

51TER - DL LTD. Stock.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: How to unlocking a vin-locked flash tuner?
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:11 pm 
Technical Contributor
Offline

Age: 60

Posts: 6817

Joined: 22nd Jun 2005

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

Location: Campbelltown
NSW, Australia

67RCE wrote:
winman wrote:
Yep troyman is correct, called up herrod they can't unlock it. Guess it's a ugly paper weight now....

Did you mention the car has been written off? And if so, you are able to provide proof? I think they said at the time of taking over the rights that they could send them back to SCT under circumstances where the original vehicle was written off and it can be proven.


Word is. not any more. They want you to buy new ones.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: How to unlocking a vin-locked flash tuner?
Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 25

Posts: 493

Joined: 21st Sep 2010

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BA XR6

Location: sydney
NSW, Australia

SWC wrote:
67RCE wrote:
winman wrote:
Yep troyman is correct, called up herrod they can't unlock it. Guess it's a ugly paper weight now....

Did you mention the car has been written off? And if so, you are able to provide proof? I think they said at the time of taking over the rights that they could send them back to SCT under circumstances where the original vehicle was written off and it can be proven.


Word is. not any more. They want you to buy new ones.


yep they will unlock all models... except for the 3000au (the falcon one)

 

_________________

BA XR6
Performance mods: typhoon + territory pipe with K&N filter, full exhaust, BPR generic tune, lowered, xr6t front brakes, territory rear brakes
Visual mods: 19" rim, lower grill mesh, oil pressure and vacuum gauges, engine bay lighting, foot well lights
some of my main mods

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 15 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:45 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names