Fordmods Logo

How to unlocking a vin-locked flash tuner? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: How to unlocking a vin-locked flash tuner?
Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BA XR6

NSW, Australia

Hey guys i've got an Xcal3 flash tuner, just wanted to see if anyone knows how to get it unlocked from the car i used it on.

Reason for this is my xr6 was written off (but not at fault :D ). So I'm trying to get the tuner unlocked so i can sell it and recoup some of the money that it cost me.

Also the tuner only has default tunes for a N/A xr6 BA, would these tunes remain or be removed when unlocking the tuner?
Thanks

BA XR6
Performance mods: typhoon + territory pipe with K&N filter, full exhaust, BPR generic tune, lowered, xr6t front brakes, territory rear brakes
Visual mods: 19" rim, lower grill mesh, oil pressure and vacuum gauges, engine bay lighting, foot well lights
some of my main mods

Post subject: Re: How to unlocking a vin-locked flash tuner?
Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:44 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

without returning the car its married to back to stock you cant unlock it..
if you don't have access to that car throw it in the bin.. its completely useless..

Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:46 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

IIRC Herrod can and will unlock the Flash Tuner IF you can provide evidence the vehicle it is locked to is in fact written off.

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Yep troyman is correct, called up herrod they can't unlock it. Guess it's a ugly paper weight now....

BA XR6
Performance mods: typhoon + territory pipe with K&N filter, full exhaust, BPR generic tune, lowered, xr6t front brakes, territory rear brakes
Visual mods: 19" rim, lower grill mesh, oil pressure and vacuum gauges, engine bay lighting, foot well lights
some of my main mods

Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:47 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

winman wrote:
Yep troyman is correct, called up herrod they can't unlock it. Guess it's a ugly paper weight now....

Did you mention the car has been written off? And if so, you are able to provide proof? I think they said at the time of taking over the rights that they could send them back to SCT under circumstances where the original vehicle was written off and it can be proven.

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:11 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

67RCE wrote:
winman wrote:

Did you mention the car has been written off? And if so, you are able to provide proof? I think they said at the time of taking over the rights that they could send them back to SCT under circumstances where the original vehicle was written off and it can be proven.

Word is. not any more. They want you to buy new ones.

Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

SWC wrote:
67RCE wrote:
winman wrote:

Word is. not any more. They want you to buy new ones.

yep they will unlock all models... except for the 3000au (the falcon one)

BA XR6
some of my main mods

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]