Fordmods Logo

injector firing ecu help 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: injector firing ecu help
Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:05 am 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

howdy guys, i need a little help understanding a couple of things with my car, i have a el 4ltr in my cortina race car, which ive gone from a stock carby setup to a turbo injected setup, im still in the build proces, but getting close to finishing, what im trying to figure out is the injection side,
on the igniton side, im runing a msd igntion setup with a xf type vacum adv disy, now i brought a ems 8860 to run the car a little while ago, but looking more into now, i dont think i can run this igniton setup becuase the ems doesnt take coil negative a a trigger, is that right, in the manual it can only be triggered by optical/hall or magnet,
so ive been emailing haltech and am thinking about running there f10x fuel only comp, so i can just leave all my ign side alone, and the f10x can be triggered by coil neg-, things i dont understand are the firring side of the injectors, the haltech guy recomended i use the following fireing setup

INJ1 will be wired to Cylinder 1
INJ2 will be wired to Cylinder 2 and 3
INJ3 will be wired to Cylinder 4
INJ4 will be wired to Cylinder 5 and 6.
This will give the most even fuel distribution and lower RPM.
if the computer uses a signal for the coilto tell when to fire the injectors what stops inj2 and inj4 from firing both injectors at the same time, you would have a injector firing when it shouldnt be right, how is the signal sent to the right injector if they are both hooked up to the same inj point,
and if the injectors are running from a signal form the igntion side does that mean the igntion side is gonna spark before the injector responds, the injector is waiting for the signal first before firing.
im just trying to do as much as i can by my self to say some cash living 4 1/2 hours from anyone that knows about this stuff, is a bit of a bugger, and would cost too much traveling the car around to get done. any help would be great cheers.

Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:39 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 66 Coupe

WA, Australia

throw the xf dissy away and use an E-series dizzy. The E-series dizzy will interface with the EMS without any problem.

The injectors are bank fired, where injectors 1,2,3 and 4,5,6 are all fired at the same time, unless you use true sequential but theres more setup involved...

Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:55 am 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

cheers man, will i have to run a crank trigger that way tho.

Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:57 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 66 Coupe

WA, Australia

for sequential injection you need a cam sync pulse.
For nomal bank fired you can use use the std dissy

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]