ISC 

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Post subject: ISC
Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:40 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: NA / NL fairlane, 08 honda civic

QLD, Australia

Hi All

I have just tested the ISC in my Fairlane NL as I believe the idle speed controller is sick. I have tried adjusting the base idle speed several times with no success. the car still idles far too low. I have checked the resistance of the ISC and it is 11.3 OHMs i have seen it give higher readings too. should i replace this? i have read somewhere that it should be around 9.3 ohms so it sounds way out of spec to me.

can i have an opinion on this?

Question.
What is the meaning of life?
Answer.
The condition that distinguishes organisms from inorganic objects and dead organisms, being manifested by growth through metabolism, reproduction, and the power of adaptation to environment through changes originating internally.

Post subject: Re: ISC
Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Supercharged EF Fairmont

VIC, Australia

Measure the voltage at the ISC with the engine running. The ECU outputs for the ISC are known to blow, causing the ISC to do nothing. This is very common in EFs.

Cheers,
Jason

Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:44 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

galapogos01 wrote:
Measure the voltage at the ISC with the engine running. The ECU outputs for the ISC are known to blow, causing the ISC to do nothing. This is very common in EFs.

Cheers,
Jason

I will check the voltage in the morning on the isc, should I be expecting 12 - 14v on this output?

would that mean new ECU in this case or is there a fix for the blown isc ports?

Question.
Answer.
The condition that distinguishes organisms from inorganic objects and dead organisms, being manifested by growth through metabolism, reproduction, and the power of adaptation to environment through changes originating internally.

Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

It's a PWM 12v output.

I'd swap ECUs if its faulty.

Cheers,
Jason

Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:44 am 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

I have mesured the voltage. in the first pin to to ground mesures .6v the second pin to ground mesures 14.5v the pins together mesures 13.5v

would this mean replacing the ECU?

Ef so does it matter what one it is, if it is an EL gli, futura, Fairmont or fairlane etc or are they different for all the models?

altenatly is there a way to fix it?

Question.
Answer.

Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: Ford Fairlane na2

TAS, Australia

Did you unplug the isc and check the idle? My Na was using just the isc to idle. When I unplugged mine the car wouldn't run at all.

NA2 fairlane - 3.9 with au headgasket & injectors, ef fans, 2.5" zorst, lowered on selby springs , kenwood head unit and 6 speakers, fusion sub, el ecu & ti chip

Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:38 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

yeah when i went to reset the base idle i removed the isc connector then adjusted the screw to bring up the idle speed to 600rpm then i pulled the battory terminal reconnected the isc then left it sit for a while (pumped the brakes and what not. then fired the car back up after about half an hour put the engine into nutral for a couple of min then turned the ac on and set it to 16. let it sit there for another couple of min. put it into drive with ac off. then put ac back on.

Question.
Answer.

Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 2000 Au wagon

NSW, Australia

ef has to be ef , they're coil and the others are distributor , except au but you still can't use an au one

Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:35 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Bazzy wrote:
I have mesured the voltage. in the first pin to to ground mesures .6v the second pin to ground mesures 14.5v the pins together mesures 13.5v

would this mean replacing the ECU?

Ef so does it matter what one it is, if it is an EL gli, futura, Fairmont or fairlane etc or are they different for all the models?

altenatly is there a way to fix it?

Sounds like the ECU is working fine. The idle should change when you unplug the ISC.

What is the problem you are trying to solve?

Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:09 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

Basically when the car is idling back it gets an uncomfortable vibration and seems to be idling very low. when idling back the engine seems to idle back to the brink of stalling for example if you stop quickly or even slow down at the lights. then the ECU seems to pull the rpm back up but it seems very sloppy in the way it does so if you know what I mean. when the AC compressor kicks in it almost sounds like the engine wants to stall. there has been an occasion where it has actually stalled the engine but it only happened while I was parking.

Question.
Answer.

Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

I'd be getting someone with the right skills to look it over mate.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 11 posts ]