Fordmods Logo

Location of tank in taxi's 

 

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

 
 Post subject: Location of tank in taxi's
Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 577

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EL XR6 5spd

I was wondering if taxi's being straight gas have the normal behind the seats gas tank, or wether they have a tank moulded into the orig fuel tank position. Particularly EF/EL taxi's

 

_________________

EL XR6 5spd

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 44

Posts: 10126

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF Gli Ghia, XP Fairmont

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

the original fuel tank comes out - gas tank goes in, but you loose part of your spare tyre depth so you need a space saver wheel (or not have a spare at all)

 

_________________

Owning 1 of 67612 EF GLi Sedans made
FACT: "Chuck Norris owns the greatest Poker Face of all-time. It helped him win the 1983 World Series of Poker despite him holding just a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno."

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 577

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EL XR6 5spd

I see, thanks. I wonder if I could get one of these tanks from the wreckers when I go straight gas

 

_________________

EL XR6 5spd

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 5:32 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 1000491

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AUXR6 HP With Ducati SupA Bike!

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

Happy wrote:
the original fuel tank comes out - gas tank goes in, but you loose part of your spare tyre depth so you need a space saver wheel (or not have a spare at all)


UMM NO!

when a gas conversion is done the gas tank is placed in the boot behind the rear seats.
and the normal fuel tank stays there, in wagons the spare wheel is moved into the boot on a bracket.

Egas cars... ie dedicated gas non dual fuel have NO petrol tank instead they have 2 gas tanks inplace of the petrol tank.

and like happy said u doo loose some boot space.

not sure how it works on BA's as the petrol tank is under the rear seat

 

_________________

RIP SCOTT

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 8:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 29

Posts: 1954

Joined: 13th Apr 2005

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: eb falcon s series 2

Location: on welfare
NSW, Australia

on crewmans the gas tank goes where the spare does, its a donut shape or so im told,,,

totally off topic but frank already answered the question.

 

_________________

‮‮

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 8:05 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 39

Posts: 198

Joined: 3rd Mar 2005

Ride: NL FBT #079

Location: Melbourne - S.E. suburbs
VIC, Australia

On BAs you still lose some of the spare tyre well depth. The spare tyre sticks up further into the boot, as they still have a full size wheel.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:10 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 1000491

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AUXR6 HP With Ducati SupA Bike!

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

bentles wrote:
on crewmans the gas tank goes where the spare does, its a donut shape or so im told,,,

hehe bentles thats not a full tank thats called a "spare wheel" tank obviously
it has a Much smaller capacity than the full size tanks, usually used for small cars such as laser,lancers etc that cannot fit the big assed 60+litlre sedan tanks in them

 

_________________

RIP SCOTT

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 44

Posts: 10126

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF Gli Ghia, XP Fairmont

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

Disco Frank wrote:
Happy wrote:
the original fuel tank comes out - gas tank goes in, but you loose part of your spare tyre depth so you need a space saver wheel (or not have a spare at all)


UMM NO!

when a gas conversion is done the gas tank is placed in the boot behind the rear seats.
and the normal fuel tank stays there, in wagons the spare wheel is moved into the boot on a bracket.

Egas cars... ie dedicated gas non dual fuel have NO petrol tank instead they have 2 gas tanks inplace of the petrol tank.

and like happy said u doo loose some boot space.

not sure how it works on BA's as the petrol tank is under the rear seat

he was only referring to straight gas cars though frank!

 

_________________

Owning 1 of 67612 EF GLi Sedans made
FACT: "Chuck Norris owns the greatest Poker Face of all-time. It helped him win the 1983 World Series of Poker despite him holding just a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno."

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 34

Posts: 4307

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: EF Falcon XT-T

Location: Mornington Peninsula
VIC, Australia

he also refered to 'mainly EF/EL'
there wasnt any straight LPG EF/EL's :)

 

_________________

FALCN6 - EF GLi Turbo, 20" Rims, Air Bag Suspension, Straight LPG, 225rwkw
DTHWGN - EA GL Wagon, LTD Interior, Satin Black, 5.0, Turbo
RACER - EF Futura , 5.0, 5 Speed
PROJECT - 83 Thunderbird, Lowered, 18" Billet Wheels
DAILY - BA Fairmont Ghia 5.4 3V

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:38 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 577

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EL XR6 5spd

I thaught there were but I guess I was mistaken.. Im basically interested in any petrol tank replacement options, the details of what comes with what arent important.

 

_________________

EL XR6 5spd

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:11 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 39

Posts: 829

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Ride: 2004 Mazda Tribute

I've enquired about this very thing, and have been told, (with reliable authority) that you can't replace the EF/EL tank with a Gas tank. There aren't any that are the right shape.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 54

Posts: 4102

Joined: 18th Nov 2004

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: PX2 Ranger 4x4 XLT Dual CAB

Location: Carrum Downs
VIC, Australia

Disco Frank wrote:
bentles wrote:
on crewmans the gas tank goes where the spare does, its a donut shape or so im told,,,

hehe bentles thats not a full tank thats called a "spare wheel" tank obviously
it has a Much smaller capacity than the full size tanks, usually used for small cars such as laser,lancers etc that cannot fit the big assed 60+litlre sedan tanks in them


Your right there Frank, Commodore wagons also. IIRC the Donut tanks as known here is only around 55 litres water capacity giving you around 44litres of gas. A bloody waste of time in a 6 cylinder.

 

_________________

Image
She's meanness put to music and the b**ch is born to run!
Like the sign says, "speed's just a question of money. How fast can you go?"

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:46 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 1000491

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AUXR6 HP With Ducati SupA Bike!

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

heeh of course i am right :) heheheh

s**t 44 litres of gas is pretty decent.. as most gas tanks are around 65ish..

 

_________________

RIP SCOTT

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 54

Posts: 4102

Joined: 18th Nov 2004

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: PX2 Ranger 4x4 XLT Dual CAB

Location: Carrum Downs
VIC, Australia

Disco Frank wrote:
heeh of course i am right :) heheheh

s**t 44 litres of gas is pretty decent.. as most gas tanks are around 65ish..


Is that 65 litres of gas or water capacity.

I used to get 76 litres in my EA wagon, 90 litre tank.
When I had the gas installed I had 3 choices, 90 litre gas tank & half petrol tank ,donut tank with full size petrol tank, or wait about 6 months for the scuba style tank which at the time was still waiting for approval.
The last 2 choices would have given me a far shorter range on LPG.

 

_________________

Image
She's meanness put to music and the b**ch is born to run!
Like the sign says, "speed's just a question of money. How fast can you go?"

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Location of tank in taxi's
Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:31 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 1656

Joined: 22nd Jun 2005

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

Bug wrote:
I was wondering if taxi's being straight gas have the normal behind the seats gas tank, or wether they have a tank moulded into the orig fuel tank position. Particularly EF/EL taxi's


hi

i have a EF and a EL falcon sedans ex taxis cars at work both are tickford fitted LPgas systems and both have the LPgas tanks mounted just behind the seat

the petrol tanks have either been removed or never placed in there normal positions

both engines are running CPI ( 2 injector type (carby) throttle body ) set up


cya

 

_________________

FS [VIC]: WorkShop CleanOut - Assorted Parts Some New & Chassis Dyno http://www.fordmods.com/ford-parts-for-sale-f17/fs-workshop-cleanout-assorted-parts-some-new-chassis-dyno-t123623.html

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 15 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:02 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names