Fordmods Logo

Low series ECU into EL Fairmont 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: Low series ECU into EL Fairmont
Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

QLD, Australia

Opened up my existing ECU and a couple of the caps have leaked, still running ok-idle could be better (fluctuates every couple of minutes with the isc cutting in and bumping up revs).

I think these caps are used in the idle drive cicuitry?/ I have a EL futura 3.08 diff ECU catch code is 6DBA. Would I encounter any major problems with the swap. The car will probably want to shift gears later in the auto, but what about climate control a/c etc in the fairmont.

cheers

97 EL Fairmont 4l OHC .Silver.
Exhaust: Pacemaker's, 2.5" exhaust and Hiflow cat
Intake: FRAM AIRHOG , EL GT snorkel
XR6 300kpa fuel reg Stg 2 Auto Shift Kit.6DJA ECU
PM in Qld looking too buy Toyota 4*4 SR5 Dualcab Hilux 91-97 with 2.8l diesel engine/5spd manual

Last edited by EL__Fairmont on Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Low series ECU into EL Fairmont
Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Forgot to mention the ECU has a warranty sticker on it from injectronics from 2008, saying it passed the virtual simulation test; as shown below.

http://www.injectronics.com.au/vids/vas%205mb.mpg

PM in Qld looking too buy Toyota 4*4 SR5 Dualcab Hilux 91-97 with 2.8l diesel engine/5spd manual

Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Well i fitted the EL futura ECU and everything in the fairmont works the same. Shift points are very similar under part throttle and wide open throttle still changes at 5500-5600(little higher)rpm from 1-2gears. Although holds 3rd gear longer??????????????????????

It has also fixed the annoying idle issue I had as well. Had to re-adjust the base idle after fitting the new ecu using a 0.75mm feeler gauge and ecu in diagnostic mode as per gregory's manual. Idle was running really low when I first installed the ecu and it was then I new i had found the fault!!!!!!!

To get the old ECU too idle correctly I had to back off the idle adj screw all the way so it was just making contact with the stop tab. The old ECU was always doing weird stuff with the ISC valve. So when I put in the new ECU the idle was at 525 rpm and I then turn the Idle adj screw clockwise a couple of turns to get it back up too 750rpm. All good runs like a dream.

I still think the guy that fitted my pacemakers 4yrs ago, stuffed the original ECU because as soon as I left that exhaust shop the car never idled the same.

Cheers and have a nice day.

Last edited by EL__Fairmont on Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: MCMXCV Falcon

VIC, Australia

interesting.... arnt u supposed to disconnect the battery when welding...maybe the exhaust guy fried the ecu when he was modding your exhaust

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]