Fordmods Logo

mega squirt who has them and who would reconmend them? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: mega squirt who has them and who would reconmend them?
Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:55 pm 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

what im doing is putting a au series2 motor into a xp falcon and it will be turboed, i was going to run it on straight gas, but have ditched that idea and was going to use the factory ecu but have decided against that as well. so now im looking at after market ecu's ive had a look at michro tech but they lack after sales service and was wondering what the mega squirt was like ive read on here that a few of you's are using them and was wondering about your thought's on them given the chance would you use them again? or go with some thing else. and could some one please tell me what type of ignition the series 2 au use , hall effect? eidas? thanks for your time phil

Post subject: Re: mega squirt who has them and who would reconmend them?
Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:07 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: ba turbo taxi

VIC, Australia

xpnutter wrote:
what im doing is putting a au series2 motor into a xp falcon and it will be turboed, i was going to run it on straight gas, but have ditched that idea and was going to use the factory ecu but have decided against that as well. so now im looking at after market ecu's ive had a look at michro tech but they lack after sales service and was wondering what the mega squirt was like ive read on here that a few of you's are using them and was wondering about your thought's on them given the chance would you use them again? or go with some thing else. and could some one please tell me what type of ignition the series 2 au use , hall effect? eidas? thanks for your time phil

good luck your gunna need it if you think microtech c/s is bad megasquirt u build yourself so start learning and doubt they do missing tooth like in au! use ems for value for money!

Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:34 am 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: AU Wagon

NSW, Australia

Why not the factory ECU? A TI J3 chip can disable Smartshield and rescale tables so you can use an XR6T TMAP and properly map fuel & spark against revs & boost.

AU1.5 Wagon, Raptor ProStreet kit, Pacemaker 4499's with 3" collector, 3" metal cat, 3" pipe, Pex BSO660 & BSO439, BA brakes, Sprintgas mixer LPG system, Airod variable-venturi mixer... stealth FTW Sniper tuned!

To be updated... soon!

Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:40 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU2 Ute

VIC, Australia

Megasquirt are designed to use the 36-1 missing tooth wheel which au's have and edis. You just need to get an edis module from the states. In Australian falcons this module is built into the ecu so you can't use it.

I built one once and I couldn't get the car started. I had no idea if it was a soldering fault or not. I had spark but no fuel. I didnt persist with it.

I wouldn't bother using another one. The main problem is that once you get it running you won't find a Dyno operater that will want to tune it. If your happy to diy all the tuning and can solder well it would be alright but a microtech isn't much more cash and comes with a warranty. My dealings with microtech have been good too.

I've got a wolf v500 on my AU now and couldn't be happier with the product or the service provided by wolf motorsport in bayswater. The wolf does sequential injection and controls the aircon, isc etc like factory. The stock ecu has been removed from my car.

Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:14 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Dansedgli wrote:
Megasquirt are designed to use the 36-1 missing tooth wheel which au's have and edis. You just need to get an edis module from the states. In Australian falcons this module is built into the ecu so you can't use it.

You don't need the EDIS module, you can wire up multiple spark outputs i think up to 8 on ms2. but its just another thing to have to work out.

Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:36 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU2 Ute

VIC, Australia

Thats with the new add in board isnt it? That wasnt around when I did mine.

There is an MS3 now too isnt there?

Its been a while since I looked at any of it.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]