Fordmods Logo

Megasquirt 

Page 5 of 5 [ 61 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post subject: Re: Megasquirt
Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:30 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: AU I forte

WA, Australia

wow, i can't believe i've had my MS2 for so long now.

i don't think i ever actually got around to installing it in my EB, then i bought an AU. After a little while and a little investigation i realized i could install the MSIIe firmware and install two more ignition IGBT's for AU waste-spark.

So i had the megasquirt going in my AU for a little while, had a couple of mishaps (the worst being getting the waste spark in the wrong order)

Any way i reverted back to my stock ECU, in the beginning i set it up so i could simply unplug the coils + injectors and swap across easily and left the ECU in.

Anyways, the Idle speed valve never worked, i guess the transistor in the EEC-V burnt out a long time ago and it didn't work with the Megasquirt. After checking the wires to confirm that I had connected the MS-II to the ground of the valve to confirm (which it was). This morning I opened up the MS-II. When looking at the schematics it became clear what had happened. Instead of wiring the TIP122 transistor into Q4, i had connected it to Q20.

Anyways, i'm about to connect it back to the car and see if i can get the idler to work.

Lastly, if there is any one out there who still has their projects for their falcons, please please please could you PM them to me or stick them in dropbox or something? I lost all my maps about a year ago when my laptop died.

Thanks guys

PH 4480 racing extractors
lukey 2.5" sports exhaust
Chopper 19"x245 mags
pioneer deck, 6"x1.5" Splits (F) and 6" 3-way speakers (R)
Precision response 4x 100w amp and 1000w mono 10" sub
Got so much more to go!
tint, breaks and spoiler next!

Sort by  
 Page 5 of 5  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5