Post subject: Microtech?...
Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: R33 GTR

VIC, Australia

Hey

Got a Microtech for the EF turbo.. will be installing in a few weeks time

Just wondering,

Has anyone done a installation on EF or any ford for that matter, with a Microtech? If so, how was it? Hard/Easy/Simple/Timely???

Also can anyone recommend a good Microtech tuner in Melbourne!..

Thank you

Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: EF Falcon XT-T

VIC, Australia

MRD performance did TUFED6, which has a microtech

might be worth chasin them up.

FALCN6 - EF GLi Turbo, 20" Rims, Air Bag Suspension, Straight LPG, 225rwkw
DTHWGN - EA GL Wagon, LTD Interior, Satin Black, 5.0, Turbo
RACER - EF Futura , 5.0, 5 Speed
PROJECT - 83 Thunderbird, Lowered, 18" Billet Wheels
DAILY - BA Fairmont Ghia 5.4 3V

Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: R33 GTR

VIC, Australia

EFFalcon wrote:
MRD performance did TUFED6, which has a microtech

might be worth chasin them up.

thanks champ!

Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: xr6t

NSW, Australia

i know a guy in newcastle who installs mocrotech, the mircrotech wont be able to run teh ef's coils, youll have to get a set from them.

Rides:
-Ba xr6t, wog cooler, K&N pod on custom intake, battery moved to other side, flash, custom cooler piping, presons auto, car pc, 19" lenso speed 6, going for 300rwkw
-FZR 250- run around bike

Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

bogan393 wrote:
i know a guy in newcastle who installs mocrotech, the mircrotech wont be able to run teh ef's coils, youll have to get a set from them.

you will only need a 3 channel igniter to run the stock ef coils

Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

microtech can run EF coil pack setup

WANTED - Complete BTr4 and zf 6hp26 automatic transmission 6 cylinder and V8 transmission(s) suit rebuild? Drop me a PM if you can help would be greatly appreciated - thanks

Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:27 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

sure microtech can run teh stock coils? this guy told me it deffinately wouldnt. Yes you could use a set of ignitors from m&w or somewhere, thats what im doing with my wolf, but the microtech coils are only about $80 more.

Rides:
-Ba xr6t, wog cooler, K&N pod on custom intake, battery moved to other side, flash, custom cooler piping, presons auto, car pc, 19" lenso speed 6, going for 300rwkw

Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:25 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

all ecu's and aftermarket ecu's have to run igniters , igniters is a fancy name for quick switching relays

ecu drivers would fry if the replay wasn't used as we are talking extremely high voltages in the ignition system

in the primary side we talking between 200 to 300 volts and the secondary side we are talking between 30,000 to 70,000 volts in the coil

so the answer is any aftermarket ecu can run a falcon ef coil pack as long as u run igniters to the system

another example is ur ecu switchs on the cooling electric fan and it needs a relay as fans draw alot of current which would if directly connected to the ecu would burn out the ecu thats why its done via a 12volt relay with diode protection

No back EMF's

cheers

WANTED - Complete BTr4 and zf 6hp26 automatic transmission 6 cylinder and V8 transmission(s) suit rebuild? Drop me a PM if you can help would be greatly appreciated - thanks

Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

one thing though. the new LT12s has inbuilt igniters. so no need to buy any

Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

really? thats interesting, the lt12s was the one i was going to get, and the distributer i know was telling me it wouldnt run the ef coils.

Rides:

Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

bogan393 wrote:
really? thats interesting, the lt12s was the one i was going to get, and the distributer i know was telling me it wouldnt run the ef coils.

coils only need power and earth. the Microtech only needs to switch an igniter. the ef coils dont need any type of superduper igniter to run. it doesn't matter what coil is on the other side the igniter.

also being an LT12 going into an EF gives you ability to run 6 direct fire coils.
say something from splitfire. and sequention injection too. most of the wiring is already there. you only need to run the three extra coil outputs

Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:15 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

hi

yes tickford u r right the microtach LM12 can drive 6 injects sequentially and six individual coils or coil pack setup

here is a link

http://www.microtechefi.com/microtech-p ... oduct_id=5

its not baddly priced when u think about it , but bear in mind if a driver burns out ur up for a expensive repair job as having the ignition drivers outside of the ECU

"LT12s
$1495*
The LT12S is Microtechs' latest 6 injector driver, 6 ignition driver ECU with multiple Auxilliary inputs and outputs. Most often used on 6 cyl and 3 rotor applications but also can be configured for 4 cyl vehicles. "

Post subject: Re: Microtech?...
Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:25 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

jkk wrote:
Hey

Got a Microtech for the EF turbo.. will be installing in a few weeks time

Just wondering,

Has anyone done a installation on EF or any ford for that matter, with a Microtech? If so, how was it? Hard/Easy/Simple/Timely???

Also can anyone recommend a good Microtech tuner in Melbourne!..

Thank you

Hi jkk

how it just depends which of the microtech ECU's did u buy to run the falcon ef motor

cheers

Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:15 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

Microtech are about the easiest to wire up. They are setup for each individual engine they are purchased for.

Microtech set it up for the Ford's inigtion triggering and then all you have to do is wire in a GM water and air temp sensor if you want to. On the back of the manual is the wiring diagram for your car which will state "Ford EF 4.0".

Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

FPV_GTp wrote:
hi

yes tickford u r right the microtach LM12 can drive 6 injects sequentially and six individual coils or coil pack setup

here is a link

http://www.microtechefi.com/microtech-p ... oduct_id=5

its not baddly priced when u think about it , but bear in mind if a driver burns out ur up for a expensive repair job as having the ignition drivers outside of the ECU

"LT12s
$1495*
The LT12S is Microtechs' latest 6 injector driver, 6 ignition driver ECU with multiple Auxilliary inputs and outputs. Most often used on 6 cyl and 3 rotor applications but also can be configured for 4 cyl vehicles. "

yeah they are good unit. i have an LT12 (external igniter) that will be going in my EF XR6. bargain at $400 came of an R33 so it needs to be sent back to be set up for my ef.

you can still run an external igniter with the LT12s if you are worried about burning out an internal driver.

seems strange i'm a wolf dealer yet i'm using a microtech

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next