Fordmods Logo

ms2+ EL questions 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: ms2+ EL questions
Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:01 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: XD

VIC, Australia

thinking about building a MSII v3.0 for my EL - (thought about posting in another MS2 thread but didnt want to hijack!!!)

i have recently chucked a wade 977B in it, and it runs well, but i am sure it has some more potential with a proper tune. the way I figure it, i could probably get an MS2 in there and running for around the same cost as a unichip or chiptorque piggyback, and have a lot more flexibility/fun. (plus the coolness of attempting to tune my own car ;D)

i am reasonably good at electronics, so i rekon i would have a fair chance of getting it going - one of my housemates is also an elec. eng so I guess i would have some backup there. Just working out what I need atm - my plan would be to leave the factory loom un-modified (in case i sell the car and want to return it to stock), building an adaptor loom using a connector pillaged from another EL ECU - I remember the guys from RPD did a setup like this with the MS, was a wiring diagram or anything ever put up?

so basically, I will need -
- MS2 kit (~240)
- MS stimulator kit (~45)
- wideband O2 for tuning (are there any base maps avail for the I6, or is it a from scratch process?)

Do I need to purchase the relay board kit? (I dont *think* i do... but not sure). Does the dash need any trickery to work properly without the computer there (temp, fuel etc), if it does, its the easiest way around it to leave the ECU there and just give it the required data feeds, but not have it connected to anything like TFI or injectors?

diyautotune have an EEC IV adapter kit, is this any help hooking it up in an EL? (eec V iirc...)

not worried about ISC idle stuff because I have it disconnected anyway!
The other sensors (TPS, intake temp, coolant temp) are OK to use with the MSII as I understand it, right?

ok, thats it for now... thanks for the help, might add some more questions later :D
:)

1997EL 5spd
mods: 2.5" redback catback, DBA slotted rotors, Pacemaker 4480's, Tint, K&N pod, 17" rims

Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

you wont need the relay board

you can easily put it in a stock case - just run wires from the MS2 connector to the required EEC-V pins on the plug.

you have a manual so no need to use the stock ecu and have to share sensors.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]