MSD and Hall Effect Dizzy Issues 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: MSD and Hall Effect Dizzy Issues
Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:07 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Falcon XC Sedan 1977

NSW, Australia

Hey everyone,

So I got myself a MSD 6AL-2 programmable ignition box, and recently got my hands on a hall effect dizzy from an XF, I think.

Now I've wired up my entire engine, including a new tacho for the MSD, and I went to go see if the MSD would turn on so I could adjust the settings, and basically when I turned the key, it flashed twice and turned off.

Now, I know "CODE 2", which is flashing twice, is low voltage, but the battery is fully charged, the engine is grounded to the chassis, and everything. Now I may have a bad earth somewhere, haven't checked all my earths.

But I have attempted wiring the MSD to the battery, so that is both thick gauge wires to the POSITIVE and NEGATIVE, of the battery, and then I have a 12v switch sourced.

And when I turn the key, two flashes and then nothing. The only time if worked was when I had the old points system, and I was doing the spark test, and basically when I touched the points wire, the light came on, as if if needed as massive rush to activate.

If anyone could give me insight that would be awesome.

My second question it, I have the half effect dizzy, and it has the 3 PIN module on it, was wondering is someone could please tell me which wires are the EARTH, 12V, and signal so I can wire them into the MSD.

Thanks All.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]