Fordmods Logo

My Toy - XF ute with EFII I6+T04E 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: My Toy - XF ute with EFII I6+T04E
Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:29 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: XF Falcon Ute

New Zealand

OK so lets see who's got some ideas to help me out with a firm mod list.

I have a XF Falcon ute which me and a mate converted about 5 years ago to run a EFII (non dizzy) engine + BTR 93LE trans. We set it up with a Garrett T04E with a Garrett 32mm External waste gate on a custom manifold. We initionally(sp) ran it on the standard ECU, with a piggy back compluter running a extra 6 injectors mounted under the inlet manifold completely seperate fuel delivery system.
It never really ran 100%, and we tryed a different piggy back, and then another different piggy back and a chipped ECU but it still never really worked right.
So after the last blown head gasket, I decided to strip the engine down and do it propelly (ish). The original plan was to run some ACL cast pistons (EA ones @ 1mm OS) with a slight bore of the cylinder bores, std rods, Moly rings, & std bearings. I was going to redo the fuel delivery system to 1 set of 6 injectors (I have 4 mazda RX7 550cc injectors), get a new exhaust manifold made (mines cracked and doesn't look flash) new waste gate (Turbosmart 45/48mm as the Garrett one leeks) Aftermarket ecu (Wolf 3D V4) and a T5 manual conversion (I have the T5 and clutch).

And now 3 years later thats where I'm upto! In the mean time turboing the 4.0 OHC motor has become popular (ish) and theres alot more stuff around to do such things! I looked at doing a AU motor as the have some real advantages, but decided not to as they are still too dear and in demand from the stock car boys.

SO anyone know of someone who does a good rod? I'm thinking a may aswell as I can make more safe power with them.
Pistons? Reconmendations? Remember my bore is now slightly odd ball due to the EA 3.9 +1mm OS, but I can still get it redone to suit a 4.0 +1mm OS.
Headwork? Cam spec's? Valve springs? Valve sizes?

Custom intake plenum - Front mount the throttle body to shortern the intake length (I have a mate that makes them for Skylines so it shouldn't be too hard)

Anything i've missed?

Also on the cards is a brake up grade - I have Nissan Skyline 4pot/spot calipars which I plan to use on the front which I hope to use with a approx 330mm disc on a custom made hub. But not sure yet as i'm running the EL XR8 16' alloys and unless I can find the 17' copies I don't want to change the look of the car.

Front susp McPherson(sp) strut conversion, preferable of a adjustable plateform nature.

Rack and Pinion conversion

Nissan Skyline IRS rear set up - I already have a EF XR6 Wagon disc brake lsd in the rear but the IRS would be different!

Hydrulic clutch conversion - why?!

Leather retrim - I have EF XR6 seats which I love but tehe Factory leather ones are REALLY nice (Well AU ones are!)

EF colour coded Momo s/wheel (have momo but love the factory look)

Hard top for tray - which I have
Tuff deck
Custom sub box behind the seats (into the tray area) + custom storage boxes in tray (Like the HDT Utester concept)

White face speed cluster (I have a EF cluster)

Yeh I know alot of thing to do and consider! It would be really cool to do all of this and theres a good chance I will. But does anyone have any better suggestions? I don't want to start again only to change the plan again.

Only milk & juice should come in 2Ltr's

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]