Fordmods Logo

Overriding T/C signal? 

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:40 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

Here's the previous threads regarding all of this - note that the recent change of server will make earlier posted links dead more than likely:
http://nitrous.totalweb.net.au/fordmods ... hp?t=23725
http://nitrous.totalweb.net.au/fordmods ... hp?t=36733
Try the circuit in the 2nd link, as it is a pretty good implementation - I was wrong in that you have to stick to default resistor values to simulate the solenoids - I recently converted to a T5 manual, and in tricking the auto ECU with the solenoids, I used 120ohm 5 watt resistors , without problem - lower values will make the resistor get hot. You could experiment with higher values.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: R32 GTR

VIC, Australia

The solenoid uses 450mA of power so a 22 ohm resistor is a perfect substitute if you feel its necessary.

It will be emitting 6 watts of power so it will get very hot. I'd suggest two 10w resistors, a 10 and 12 ohm in series.

Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:20 pm 
Technical Contributor

Ride: EFII Sedan

QLD, Australia

I would have thought that using too low a value will get the ECU thinking that maybe an internal coil short is starting to occur. Go too low and it may throw a 697.

EF II Sedan
Ex Chaser, Dual Fuel (Impco LPG)
LSD High, 3.23, Black wheels, other shiny bits.

EB II Sedan <--- R.I.P. (Rest in pieces - gone to the wreckers for $50...... bargain!)

Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:37 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: EB2 Fairmont

VIC, Australia

O.k Bozz so i was right in saying that it's a low voltage sytem using only 450mA! I was originally concerned about even using the crusie on/off button as the surely the amperage would be higher in that circuit.....but have'nt had any probs with it so??? The 10 and 12 resi's in series sounds good .....but am i grounding these to chassis/ ECU earth screw and this is from the ECU output wire is'nt it so that when the ecu does send the sig out the resi's just use the power up and the ecu does'nt know any diff???

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2