Fordmods Logo

please help 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: please help
Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:06 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 5 images

Oustide Australia

ok quick background I have a 96 xr8 in a 67 mustang with the stupid 4 speed auto.

At the moment I just have a few niggling problems that I want to put to rest.

Ok first the TCM. I get two codes 27 and 36.

27 - Shift lever position input fault and 36 - shaft speed sensor fault.

firstly the error 27. How the F**k do I make this go away. I have triple checked all of the wiring and it is as per the manuals. I guess this is the reason why the stupid thing wont allow me to manually select gears. I have replaced the inhibitor switch and checked the voltages at the ECU, and they are as they should be. How else does the trans computer or auto itself know which gear to be in. I'm really lost in trying to come up with a solution. Could it be an internal fault within the auto box itself (I'm not getting an solenoid errors).

Secondly this only happens when I drive the car hard and only after being stationary. I can drive at 80 and put my foot to the floor and she will change down and go for gold. When in first gear if I give a tiny squirt to get going then foot to the floor it will be ok. However if I put my foot flat to the floor from stationary she will go for a short distance then go into limp mode.

It also does it when not driving so hard when on a small hill.

I have purchased a frequency meter to see what the vss is doind but I have changed over to one I knew was working. I have my wiring as per the book, red wire from the cluster to the VSS, white wire back to the cluster and then onto the ECU and TCM.

To me the second fault seems similar to those that change to high stall converters.

Also when coming to a stop a real clunk is felt and heard when it changes into first.

And the fluid level is fine, and new with a cooler fitted.

Can any one help, I'm absolutely lost on this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The decent auto shop in town says I don't know it sounds like an electrical problem and teh auto electrician says nah it's mechanical.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]