Fordmods Logo

Question about timing after bbm and ecu change 

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: Question about timing after bbm and ecu change
Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:48 pm 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

Thanks for your reply troyman.
Good to hear that things seem normal with my fuel pump...

I'll see how my injector test goes and report back :D

I

XG Ute. BBM conversion, EL ECU + J3 Chip, 3" Stainless Steel Intake Pipe, K&N Pod Filter, Wade 1673 Camshaft, Pacemaker extractors, 2.5 Inch Hi-Flow Cat, 2.5 Inch exhaust, Cab Extension, 18" FG GT Rims, resprayed in blueprint.

Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:54 pm 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

What do you reckon about cranking the engine to check injector spray with the injectors and the fuel rail out????

XG Ute. BBM conversion, EL ECU + J3 Chip, 3" Stainless Steel Intake Pipe, K&N Pod Filter, Wade 1673 Camshaft, Pacemaker extractors, 2.5 Inch Hi-Flow Cat, 2.5 Inch exhaust, Cab Extension, 18" FG GT Rims, resprayed in blueprint.

Posted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:06 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: AU Wagon

NSW, Australia

Cranking the engine without fuel won't hurt the engine. Maybe disable spark so as not to ignite petrol sprayed around in the process? I don't know the XG engine, I guess it has a coil of some sort if it has a dizzy. If so, either disconnect the HT lead at the coil or disconnect power from the coil.

AU1.5 Wagon, Raptor ProStreet kit, Pacemaker 4499's with 3" collector, 3" metal cat, 3" pipe, Pex BSO660 & BSO439, BA brakes, Sprintgas mixer LPG system, Airod variable-venturi mixer... stealth FTW Sniper tuned!

To be updated... soon!

Posted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:42 am 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

Yeah good idea... I reckon i would be pretty unlucky to blow myself up though, but you never know...

Got some au injectors coming off ebay for about $180 brand new. Hopefully fingers crossed that will fix it :D Fingers crossed

Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:19 pm 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

Geeze those injectors took forever to come
I ordered AU ones and got EA-EL ones and had to send them back
Anyways got them in the end and installed them yesterday. I found it heaps hard to get them into the fuel rail. They were so tight to squeeze in, I had to take the throttle body off and then get them in that way. Anyway they are on and guess what???

It didnt fix my problem. Still have the hardcore hesitation at start up. I have now changed everything on the car, checked every sensor and everything is fine. As a last resort I got out my old XG ECU and plugged that in. You will never believe that as far as i can tell the problem has gone.......... The cars idle is heaps better as before it was very lumpy and erratic and even my slight rev hang issue has disappeared. They car runs like a dream. The only problem is now that I can't use the ecu to vacuum switch they bbm runners or for the thermo fan mod I am going to do.

Have you guys ever heard of faulty ecu's before???? I'm a bit annoyed that i didnt try swapping ecu's first as it would have saved me a bucket load of money. Now i just gotta find another ECU. I'm gonna see if i can get a manual EL one, instead of an auto and put all my wiring back to normal.

I'll try the car from a cold cold start tomorrow morning and let you know if the problems gone.

Also do you think that the fact I havent got a power steering pressure switch (as I have a steering box) would cause the problem with the EL auto ecu??? I have rechecked all the wiring I did with the resistor trick for neutral and trans temp and that is all to spec. I just don't want to buy another ECU and and plug it in and everything be crap again. But i reckon my ecu is faulty.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2