Page 5 of 6 [ 86 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:59 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA Falcon Suzy Across

Power: 178 rwkw

VIC, Australia

fnp wrote:
You should be very close to 200rwkw with that setup. All you BA boys should also be able to do decent burnouts even in a stock XT - neither of mine have a problem smoking it up.

I can get the wheels spinning nicely only when i'm turning, (but still not as eaasy as the EA could). Maybe like andre said, its all in the programming, i might have to save for a flasher. FNP or andre, so is it $500 to get it customed tuned afterwards?

178.3 rwkw
15.1@96 mph
Now with 3.9 shrooms

Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 19 images

Ride: EL Fairmont Ghia

Power: 132 rwkw

QLD, Australia

man my stock standard ef can do line lockies and it has wider wheels, and is on gas and has far less power than 200kw. So what the F**k is wrong with your cars? Or cant you guys drive LOL. nudge nudge.
Also its a stock standard inline 6. 400kays or a bit more if you drive sensibly and if you are a lead footed habbib then you get bout 250 or a bit more.

Attachments:
P1010077.JPG
P1010077.JPG [ 751.92 KiB | Viewed 305 times ]

175.7hp 15.5 @ 374,000km
Team I have two E-Series AND all my teeth.

Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

I don't think I could get as low as 400 if I tried my a** off redlining every take off let alone 250, somethings definately different.

178.3 rwkw
15.1@96 mph
Now with 3.9 shrooms

Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

on the highway its different story it gets nearly a thousand kays on the hwy. very economical on the hwy. ps do you get your car tuned by ford or whatever?

175.7hp 15.5 @ 374,000km

Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

well, its only had one service since I've owned the car and it was done by ford.

178.3 rwkw
15.1@96 mph
Now with 3.9 shrooms

Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:14 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

boost1105 wrote:
says the person who let a guard rail eat his car :P

You can joke with me when your balls drop.
Until then, don't.

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

kens has 50,000 kays on it now. so its been in twice i think. once to a place on the coast using full synthetic oil etc. i think the first was to fraud.

175.7hp 15.5 @ 374,000km

Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:34 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: BA Falcon XT

SA, Australia

Yeh smiley, for the full dyno shootout and custom tuning its $500. Pritty expensive if you intend changing anything in the near future, then u need another tune. At least you know your getting the most out of your mods. Plus.. my car is using less fuel than before I had done any mods.

BA Falcon XT 6cyl: extractors, exhaust, cat, SS Inductions throttle body & CAI, K & N air filter, 20% underdrives, thermostat, CAPA Flash Tuner/Custom tuned, trans cooler
Hopefully soon: 4.11 LSD, Crow cams, BF XR6T valve springs

Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA 3v ute

VIC, Australia

just go in reverse and slap it in drive :P

my mate drove a auto xt and auto ute and had no problems doing burnouts (in the dry), went pretty good too from what i was told

and how do you guys get 250km out of a tank? do you have a petrol leak or something hehe. i dont think i've gotten less then 400 in my ute and thats an 8

www.bseries.com.au/punktured

Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

not too sure to be honest, its totally stock standard. but he does run crappy woolworths fuel in it, which it doesent like very much :S. ps the 250 kays was when it was o/due for a service etc. so that wouldnt have helped much.

175.7hp 15.5 @ 374,000km

Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:27 am 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

I have heard of people that have gone off at Ford when they brought their car in for a service and Ford upgraded the software. Which killed their cars...

BA Falcon XT 6cyl: extractors, exhaust, cat, SS Inductions throttle body & CAI, K & N air filter, 20% underdrives, thermostat, CAPA Flash Tuner/Custom tuned, trans cooler

Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:16 am 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: BA FALCON

QLD, Australia

smiley235 wrote:
samftr wrote:
yeah, true that. but the animals are on death wishes there. roos emus etc. they make a mess of a ba front end LOL.
what size are your rims? my cousin has a ba xt and it smokes up easy as. woot woot. ex rental. actually its a pain in the a*** when it does it and you are trying to take off from the lights or up a hill etc.

mate, find out how your cousin does it cause it seems bloody impossible.

yer, my car i always found hard to smoke it up off the line. mine does have an lsd i know that, no traction controll. i got 18s and 235's and oneday i was at the lights beside my mate and i went to stall it up so that the back end squats like it normally does and it made a little click/tiny crunch noise like the brakes slip and then i saw smoke in the rear view mirror, my mates behind said it definately smoked up the two wheels, i was impressed, but i tried to do it agen the next day and it wouldnt. and for all you saying that your ef's ea's can smoke em up and having a go, thats cos no doubt they could and they didnt set them up in those days so you couldnt hoon. with exceptions to the performance models like xr6t and gt and so on, they are making newer cars these days hoon proof, stock that is.

CAM860 - White BA 05 Futura, GT bodykit, Cobra badges, BSA 18" mags, Altezza tail lights, Lower bumper forced pod induction

Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:39 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: TE50

QLD, Australia

CAMERONCOULSTON wrote:
smiley235 wrote:
samftr wrote:
yeah, true that. but the animals are on death wishes there. roos emus etc. they make a mess of a ba front end LOL.
what size are your rims? my cousin has a ba xt and it smokes up easy as. woot woot. ex rental. actually its a pain in the a*** when it does it and you are trying to take off from the lights or up a hill etc.

mate, find out how your cousin does it cause it seems bloody impossible.

yer, my car i always found hard to smoke it up off the line. mine does have an lsd i know that, no traction controll. i got 18s and 235's and oneday i was at the lights beside my mate and i went to stall it up so that the back end squats like it normally does and it made a little click/tiny crunch noise like the brakes slip and then i saw smoke in the rear view mirror, my mates behind said it definately smoked up the two wheels, i was impressed, but i tried to do it agen the next day and it wouldnt. and for all you saying that your ef's ea's can smoke em up and having a go, thats cos no doubt they could and they didnt set them up in those days so you couldnt hoon. with exceptions to the performance models like xr6t and gt and so on, they are making newer cars these days hoon proof, stock that is.

agreed. Even in the XR6T its difficult. Wont move the rears till you get to about 3000pm. After that its all just smoke noise and sideways as the turbo spools up..and up..and up.

otherwise ive heard a lot of BA/BF's that have a lot of trouble smokin it up. Im glad they cant.....who wants to look like a commodore driver on the roads. Drags are different story

btw mods, all my testing in the xrt6 was at queensland raceway...no public roads involved

Formerly SpuDEF

Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:08 pm 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

It must hurt acceleration on the BA Falcons with the stronger torque control ALOT??

Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:53 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Not really, the NA BA 6s are good for around the mid 15 second mark, bone stock.

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Sort by  
 Page 5 of 6  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next