Fordmods Logo

Reset EEC ECU's discussion HOW TO ERASE KAM... 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: Reset EEC ECU's discussion HOW TO ERASE KAM...
Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:15 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford EF Fairmont Ghia

QLD, Australia

I am surprised to read: disconnect the negative terminal to erase the Keep Alive Memory.
It is called so because it keeps the engine parameters also when the battery is disconnected!!!!

To erase all (read the GREGORY instructions!) and start from "scratch" open the lid for the fuse box - you will see the socket 7 at the top with all the little pins (to connect a diagnostic system)

Disconnect the negative terminal and then jump the top and bottom pins on the left.

When you do this with battery connected it will erase any previous faults stored in the KAM
If you disconnect the battery it will ease the KAM and the car will have to re-learn all - with all new sensors installed is has no previous information to reset!

Procedure has been described here in detail... also reset the automatic reference.

Why am I not going to a mechanic? The answer is in the wrong answers already published here!
MY Fairmont was stopping and stuttering. All sensors replaced - incl. cam and crank shaft sensors.
Reset as described above and the idle procedure. RUNS like new - all done today 19.sep.2016
After following for weeks the wrong info on this and others websites.

Do not believe all you read here
flogfair

Post subject: Re: Reset EEC ECU's discussion HOW TO ERASE KAM...
Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:22 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford Au Series 2 Ute

TAS, Australia

When I brought my Ute I figured out it has been converted to a manual from an Auto.

I have an AU2 XL, but I have noticed that my fans were running overtime. I have been told it was the wrong ECU and its so hard to find an AU2 Manual ECU's (Catch Code: 12MB). Tried the apparent Xr6 Manual Ecu that I got from the wreckers, but didnt work thinking it would be the same.

My mate says do a resistors so it tricks the ECU, but still pending.

Would this work?

Post subject: Re: Reset EEC ECU's discussion HOW TO ERASE KAM...
Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:58 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Vonnah wrote:
When I brought my Ute I figured out it has been converted to a manual from an Auto.

I have an AU2 XL, but I have noticed that my fans were running overtime. I have been told it was the wrong ECU and its so hard to find an AU2 Manual ECU's (Catch Code: 12MB). Tried the apparent Xr6 Manual Ecu that I got from the wreckers, but didnt work thinking it would be the same.

My mate says do a resistors so it tricks the ECU, but still pending.

Would this work?

Not sure if it's similar to the E-series conversions, but by using a resistor at certain wires, you can trick the ECU in thinking the "automatic" box is not overheating and running as it should.

I am not sure between what wires, or what resistor you should be placing for the trick to work on the AU.

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]