Fordmods Logo

Tuning your Falcon with a T.I. Performance J3 Chip 

Page 98 of 100 [ 1500 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100  Next

Post subject: Re: Tuning your Falcon with a T.I. Performance J3 Chip
Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Supercharged EF Fairmont

VIC, Australia

The bins are stock. Has the car had enough key cycles with the chip in to start learning trims?

Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: MCMXCV Falcon

VIC, Australia

hi galapogos ..

i have been busy with other work but have had some success getting timing changes ..

i maxed out the mbt tables (with 55s) and bumped the bdln knocks up heaps .. seems to give a decent result .. especially down the revs .. i also swapped around the tables so i had 55s in the bdln knock tables and got a slightly less consistant result ..(pulls timing more widely it seems) ...

i also modded the "#3 #4 dont use tables" with no negative results .. i did this out of desperation and at the same time as other other changes, so im not sure what impact it really had but things started working at that stage. .

but im still not getting any LTFT or lean cruise .. economy is not very good ..

Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Try from a stock bin again and use the latest def on the site v6 - Kendall worked out an issue with the labeling on the timing tables.

We're you getting trims with no chip?

Cheers,
Jason

Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:09 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: ED XR6, AUII XR8

VIC, Australia

How do you know there is no lean cruise? I monitored with a wideband... noticed with an 82deg thermostat it didn't engage lean cruise, so the min temp must be quite high (EL ECU).

On another note galapogos01, does the problem with the AC being permanently on still affect AU's?

ED XR6, LeMans Red, 5-Speed
AUII XR8, Silhouette, 5-Speed

Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: ef falcon futura

Power: 154 rwkw

VIC, Australia

shyun wrote:
How do you know there is no lean cruise? I monitored with a wideband... noticed with an 82deg thermostat it didn't engage lean cruise, so the min temp must be quite high (EL ECU).

Im assuming itll show in the scantool. Did you have your O2 connected when you tried or just the wideband?

ef futura, pacemakers, 2.5inch catback, k&n panel filter and 3.45 lsd. extractors/cat, ticky head, custom cam grind, t5. now onto cosmetics.

Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:40 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: ED XR6, AUII XR8

VIC, Australia

ranga83 wrote:
shyun wrote:

Im assuming itll show in the scantool. Did you have your O2 connected when you tried or just the wideband?

True, if you can monitor LAMBSE or o2 Voltage (It should be 0V) in forscan.

Another thing- if you have a problem with the 02 sensor it wont cycle enough times to engage lean cruise, as you need a certain amount of cycles to enable it.

ED XR6, LeMans Red, 5-Speed
AUII XR8, Silhouette, 5-Speed

Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: MCMXCV Falcon

VIC, Australia

guys ...

i was running forscan looking at ob2 data on the std ecu for a while (with no j3 fitted) .. i have a wideband bung welded in separately to the the std o2 .. wide band was confirming the lean cruise ..

forscan reports closed/open loop and stft/ltft .. great software (major advantage over eseries' total lack of live data) ..

as for thermostat, it has not been changed and i def did see in lean cruise on the VCT ecu (ive also got a std non vct ecu i have been using but didnt monitor it much previously and am now running it with j3 - i dont see why it wouldnt perform the same) .. but interestingly the vct did not enter lean cruise all the time (or not as often as i expected) and yes the temp is on the low side ... i have some logs with the ECT and CHT but off the top of my head im not sure of temps it was running at (seem to remember it being around 82ish) ..

also i have the permanently on AC issue (compressor cycling and left fan on all the time) .. looking at modding the main on/off switch and relay circuit to get around it ..

Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

At T.I. Performance we're counting down the 12 days of Christmas with amazing deals! With up to 12% off on a huge range of products, you're bound to find some stocking stuffers! Sale ends Christmas Eve so get clicking!

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:26 pm 
Tyre Shredder

WA, Australia

shyun wrote:

On another note galapogos01, does the problem with the AC being permanently on still affect AU's?

I messaged ti perf about my s3 manual au xr8 and was told a j3 would make the thermos/ac run constantly,was only a few weeks ago,if not I would have one of their chips in already:)
Sorry to jump in there.

Posted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:32 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: G6e

SA, Australia

silly question didn't want to pester Jason via PM some more

But what table has the best direct result in AFR ratio control

fuel OL stabilized table , Fuel base table , or VE table ?

Or is the VE table more related towards air drawn in but then that would obviously have a effect on fuel

Just wanting to know which tables to edit i am going to enter a slightly richer AFR target to get started with for a boost tune

Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:26 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

I purchased the Ti Performance J3 writer and leaning out the MAF Transfer function has made a huge improvement to my car. However my auto trans won't go back to first until I pretty much stop the car, even when manually selected. And as I drive the auto manually all the time, this is highly frustrating and I've just removed the chip until I get it sorted.

Vehicle is 2001 S2 AU XR8 Ute, Mods which affect engine management would be 1.72 RR's, ported lower intake, modified airbox, stock headers with high flow cats and twin 2.5" exhaust. 22DA Catch code on stock ECU. I am running a Innovate MTX-L wideband kit and Innovate SSI4 Datalogger connected to MAF, RPM and Wideband at the moment (through to my Toshiba 7" windows tablet).

I have tried a number of "stock" binaries from the Ti Performance website and my results are listed below:

22CA - AU2 ? 5.0L XR8 Manual(???) 200kw Use NGVB5.xdf - files said Manual sheet says Auto AU2 XR8 Manual Limp Home Mode

WALG - AU2 Fairlane Ghia Auto v8 NGVB5.xdf AU1 Fairlane Econ, Transmission… Timing?

12RB - AU2 5.0L Auto Smartshield - NGVB5R8 Works OK - Transmission Best Tune…

22DA - Same transmission problem.

It shows a code of transmission shift solenoid when a chip is plugged in. No codes once it's back to standard.

Has anyone come across this before?

Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:38 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: G6e

SA, Australia

justlikemusic wrote:
I purchased the Ti Performance J3 writer and leaning out the MAF Transfer function has made a huge improvement to my car. However my auto trans won't go back to first until I pretty much stop the car, even when manually selected. And as I drive the auto manually all the time, this is highly frustrating and I've just removed the chip until I get it sorted.

Vehicle is 2001 S2 AU XR8 Ute, Mods which affect engine management would be 1.72 RR's, ported lower intake, modified airbox, stock headers with high flow cats and twin 2.5" exhaust. 22DA Catch code on stock ECU. I am running a Innovate MTX-L wideband kit and Innovate SSI4 Datalogger connected to MAF, RPM and Wideband at the moment (through to my Toshiba 7" windows tablet).

I have tried a number of "stock" binaries from the Ti Performance website and my results are listed below:

22CA - AU2 ? 5.0L XR8 Manual(???) 200kw Use NGVB5.xdf - files said Manual sheet says Auto AU2 XR8 Manual Limp Home Mode

WALG - AU2 Fairlane Ghia Auto v8 NGVB5.xdf AU1 Fairlane Econ, Transmission… Timing?

12RB - AU2 5.0L Auto Smartshield - NGVB5R8 Works OK - Transmission Best Tune…

22DA - Same transmission problem.

It shows a code of transmission shift solenoid when a chip is plugged in. No codes once it's back to standard.

Has anyone come across this before?

Anyone ?

maybe try private message, Jason?

Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:23 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: ED Falcon

Power: 133 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Try emailing him... Ti performance has a website... I know when I looked at a chip for my au he told me not to buy one because there is known issues with his chips and au pcms... The moates quarterhorse has no issues afaik but...

I ended up buying a haltech...

93 Red ED 5spd Manual Build Thread

Performance: Complete AUII VCT Wiring & Power Train, Pacey Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, Exedy Clutch, DBA Rotors
Visuals: FG XR Wheel, XR Front, 17's, BA 5 Spd Shifter, BA Ghia Window Switches, NL Cluster
Tunes: 8" Pioneer Sub, JBL Speakers, Clarion Double DIN Headunit

Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:58 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

WA, Australia

Yea I will email again but I just thought I'd ask others also to see if it was a common problem. I just need to lean it out a bit at WOT so probably a $2 MAF resistor mod would have sufficed lol

Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:55 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF XR6 Wagon, AU2 XR6 VCT

Power: 148 rwkw

New Zealand

I have been running a TI Performance J3 chip in my EF XR6 wagon for years, and have had great results tuning it myself with the Full House tuning pack. Now I'm looking for more direct control of the cooling fans.

Has anyone been able to find the cooling fan control parameters in the EF six xdf?

The factory set up allows too much temperature variation for consistent ETs in DYO racing. I can force the fans to run by switching on the air con, but it would be nice if I didn't have to control the temp manually like that. I'm running a high flow thermostat, new water pump and larger all-alloy performance radiator, so it has ample cooling capacity. If only I could keep the ECU from letting the temp drift upwards.

95 EF XR6 wagon, 17" FTRs, DBA rotors, KYB/Koni, AU bottom end, ported EF head, backcut valves, SS Inductions, Territory intake, 10.2 CR, Auckland 1258 cam, vernier gear, PH4480 headers, no cat, Tickford 2.5", 2800rpm stall, J3 chip

Sort by  
 Page 98 of 100  [ 1500 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100  Next