Tweecer Owners 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: Tweecer Owners
Posted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:57 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: V8 T5 Fairmont & BA XR6T

NSW, Australia

If you are a Tweecer owner who cant find a definition file to suit it, ie you own an EL 5ltr but dont have a 6DFD ECU so the tweecer doesnt like talking to it via CalCon, then there is another way. Binary Editor or BE for short is one of the latest and greatest of tuning packages http://www.eecanalyzer.net/product_info ... ditor.html . Ive not used it personally, however in my research of the EEC, and building my definitions for TunerPro, Ive not heard a bad thing about it. Definitions are really easily made, and are done so with Microsoft Excel, it couldnt be easier. If your really stuck with it, drop me a PM, and Im sure that I can help you get tuning with your previously un-usable Tweecer. I am in no way connected with Tweecer or BE, however it has come to my attention that there are a few members with Tweecers that they cant use. I enjoy playing with my Moates hardware and TunerPro, and its a shame to let your rather large investment only be tinkered with by the select few with the definitions.

Cheers
Jaysen

Dima, Mitch & Jay's RPD

Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: EL XR8, '08 Mondeo XR5t

Power: 205 rwkw

WA, Australia

As Jaysen already knows, I'm currently modifying a GUFB strategy to create the 6DFC strategy. It's a long, slow process, but I've got plenty of time at the moment and am getting through it. I know there are a couple of guys here in the West with a tweecer that are currently as useful paperweights at this point in time. This, at the very least, should help them to sell it as I think there are many more 6DFCs running out there than the 6DFD.

Also, there are a bucket-load more parameters available for the tuning process. The Binary Editor interface looks to be a lot more user-friendly than CalEdit and there is a hell of a lot more information and support for Binary Editor.

I've been in contact with the developer of Binary Editor through another forum who may be able to help create other strategies a lot quicker than the process I'm using now. Fingers crossed he can come up with the goods!

First and foremost, I'm doing this for my own benefit so I can get my car tuned right. I'm learning heaps with the help of others and hopefully will be successful in tuning the big girl myself. Once I'm done I will happily share what I've done with anyone who is interested.

Chad

Trickflow Street Heat top end kit, 70mm BBK TB & EGR, 24lb injectors, Underdrives & 3.73s: 275rwhp - 13.15@105mph NA / 12.37@116mph N20

When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty

Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

We now have a strategy that will run Binary Editor with the 6DFC and 6DGD, the 2 eecs I own and have tested on. It all seems to be hunky dory so far. You need to register BE before you can write to your tweecer at a cost of US$70. It's free to download and have a look at. You can even use it unregistered to modify tunes, then save the bin and use CalEdit to write the bin to the tweecer. I've also found that because CalEdit saves tunes as a .ccf file, if you want to get into that ccf all you need to do is write it to the tweecer then read the tweecer using BE and you then have that tune in .bin format.

Another little discovery I made yesterday is that the 6DFC IS compatible with the tweecer on the 6DFD strategy! You just need to set the bank number to 1. I'd imagine this may work for the other closely related eecs out there.

Hopefully this brings a few of the tweecers out there not in use back to life!

Trickflow Street Heat top end kit, 70mm BBK TB & EGR, 24lb injectors, Underdrives & 3.73s: 275rwhp - 13.15@105mph NA / 12.37@116mph N20

Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: MCMXCV Falcon

VIC, Australia

no idea really what u are talking about but is my understanding right :

tweecer is designed for US ECUs and follows a different "strategy" to the aussie ECUs...the strategy is the "program" and the definition is the locations of the "data" right????

I dont understand why u dont just burn the US strategy and definitions to the aussie ECUs....

Posted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:16 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

The tweecer is designed to work with all of our eecs. There are many, many more different US eecs out there than ours that have support because there are many more people over there who have put the time and effort into disassembling their eecs. That is, unravelling the jumbled mess that is the program and locating all the different scalars, functions and tables, which is all in hexidecimal code. This is creating the definition. As you said, the definition is the location of the data. The strategy is then created using the information in your definition. The software needs the strategy in a format it can understand.

The strategy is like the key to linking the software to the eec. Without the correct strategy, everything is just a jumbled mess. None of the values would make any sense as you'd be looking at random bits of information from random parts of the eec.

To run an American strategy on our eec would just result in seeing random values. If you wanted to run an American strategy on our cars, you'd also need an American eec. I think to run an American eec, our harness needs to be modified, or we need a whole new harness? I don't know exactly.

That's my understanding of the whole strategy thing anyways. It's all very new to me, so if Ive got anything wrong I'm sure someone will correct me.

Posted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:54 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

another thing to note is that the EF/EL DOL Im assuming will be different, so you will need to run 2 ecu's in your car, its just better to run our original ecu's and make the definition for them.

Scaffy, the 6DFC does vary a little to the 6DFD, the op code is the same, but the parameters are shifted due to an additional 4 bytes half way through the parameter section of the bin. I only discovered this a couple of days ago, so Ill send you the ammended definitions asap so that you can still run both EEC's correctly.

BTW just remembered that you emailed me the other day, I had better get back to you, I got tied up playing with your log file.

Dima, Mitch & Jay's RPD

Posted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Jaysen wrote:
Scaffy, the 6DFC does vary a little to the 6DFD, the op code is the same, but the parameters are shifted due to an additional 4 bytes half way through the parameter section of the bin. I only discovered this a couple of days ago, so Ill send you the ammended definitions asap so that you can still run both EEC's correctly.

So does that mean if I just use BE with the nvmg8 def on the 6dfc I will be right? Or is that def for 6dfd? Ideally, I want to not have to use the 6DGD at all and just run with the 6dfc as it's what my car should be running...

Posted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

The definition that I originally modified/made was for a 6DFC as thats what Ive got in my car, so if your keen to keep going with that, then you have the right def for the job. I thought that you were running the 6DFD def via CalEdit thats all, in which case your MAF transfer down on your Tables section will be out by about 4 bytes, and you will probably see that the top figures are zeroed, ie instead of the MAF transfer starting out 16V=1200kg/hr it will be 00=00 then the next line down will be the 16V line. The constants and scalars are also out a little, so stick with the 6DFC if you can.

Dima, Mitch & Jay's RPD

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]