Fordmods Logo

Tweecer support for EB 5.0 , anybody had it done 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: Tweecer support for EB 5.0 , anybody had it done
Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:28 am 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: EB XR8

NSW, Australia

As suggested, i have a catch code "1 dec" which is compatible for tweecer but obviously the only tuners are in wa, long trip for a tune from nsw, Peter the fella from the company has been extremly helpfull in saying that he might be able to pre-tune it using host cars with similar mods over there
My question to you good folk is - has anybody here got tweecer on thier 5.0 that can share some info on how-where-gains ?

Cheers in Adance
Kevin

WIFE V's XR8
No Contest

Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 320kw BA XR8

SA, Australia

Unless you have a lot of mods done to your car, tuning with the tweecer is easy IMO, and purely tuning by the seat of the pants method would give good results. You can pick up some improvements in the top end mainly by giving it a bit more timing and leaning it out a bit on the WOT maps. The biggest improvements come with midrange and initial response and again these changes are fairly straight forward even without a dyno, generally you want a richer midrange, play around with some extra timing (depending on mods) and speed up the change from closed to open loop.

The good thing with the tweecer is, because you are starting with exisitng EEC programing, you can just make a few changes, take it for a drive to see if you can feel a difference, then change it again. I would do the majority of the tuning like this and then take it to a dyno after just to do some final little checks and changes. Also helps a great deal if you get the RT version and your EEC is RT supported (1DEC isn't as far as I am aware), it just makes getting an accurate and consistent tune far easier, and helps with fault finding if needed.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]