Page 3 of 3 [ 38 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post subject: Re: Water injection?????
Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:42 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: AU111 XR6 VCT Supercharged

QLD, Australia

TROYMAN wrote:
hey joe?
would you be nice anough to post a few pics of where your water jets are positioned and water tank is mounted??

Will do when I get a chance Troyman. Here's one showing the jets.
Attachment:
File comment: WI Jets
Image175.jpg
Image175.jpg [ 29.92 KiB | Viewed 224 times ]

Its a bit crude but works quite well. Only problem is there is quite a bit of tube between the solenoid (mounted above passenger headlight) and the 2nd (post supercharger) jet. It doesn't get water pressure as quickly as the intake jet. I have another solenoid which will fix this. I'll mount it just before the 2nd jet so that water is pressurised and ready to go.

Tank is mounted inside driver's side guard.

Joe

FOR SALE! - Supercharged AUIII XR6 VCT, intercooled, T5, big brakes.... details in the 'For Sale' section - ford-parts-for-sale-f17/fs-supercharged-au-xr6-vct-series-iii-intercooled-rwc-rego-t114254.html

Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:02 am 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

thanks joe
im looking at doing this aswell.. i was just thinking of places to mount everything. :)

im just not sure wether to mount the jet nozzle before the supercharger or i was thinking about mounting it in the bottom of the throttle body (where the old engine breather use to be?)

Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:49 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF F6 Tornado - #0077

VIC, Australia

Do the EPA freak out about this stuff? they can get really pissy about what comes out of the back pipe

** For Sale ** http://www.fordmods.com/ford-parts-for-sale-f17/assorted-e-series-parts-t124697.html

F6 Tornado 2006 Build

Is it about sex? The engine in my car? Or a cure for cancer?
No?

Then f**k off

Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:30 am 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

fiftyone wrote:
Do the EPA freak out about this stuff? they can get really pissy about what comes out of the back pipe

from what ive read it can actually reduce emissions..so i gues that can be a good thing..

Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: DENTED UP OLD AUT WAGON

New Zealand

fiftyone wrote:

It's water. The emissions from heating water are...?... And anything which creates a more efficient burn would result in better emission readings, as Troyman suggests.

Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:19 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: AU111 XR6 VCT Supercharged

QLD, Australia

TROYMAN wrote:
thanks joe
im looking at doing this aswell.. i was just thinking of places to mount everything. :)

im just not sure wether to mount the jet nozzle before the supercharger or i was thinking about mounting it in the bottom of the throttle body (where the old engine breather use to be?)

The guys who know more about it recommend the pre-throttle jet be placed about 10inches before the TB. This is so that the water mixes well with the intake air before it reaches the intake manifold and splits into the runners. I'd agree with this...I'd hate to have bulk water reaching some runners and not others, causing some cylinders to lean. Placing the jet a while before ensures it goes exactly where the air does. Its preferable to avoid lots of bends too (straight flow better for mixing), so you wouldn't put it immediately after the supercharger.

If you want to reduce your intake temps place a small jet before the supercharger. This pulled about 20-25 degrees out of my intake air temps on boost.

If you want to beat detonation, or advance timing, lean afr's or add boost, and the first measure doesn't do the job, then a jet just before TB is more effective.

I found with just the pre-supercharger jet in, if I took the post supercharger pipework off immediately after activating water, that it was only moist for around 100mm after the supercharger. I think by taking the heat out of the charger and intake air, that its good work was done, and little 'useable' water was making it to the engine. This is what made me think that the 2nd pre-throttle jet might help with the det I was getting (which it did). Many others have also found this setup the best (pre and post supercharger jets).

In terms of part placement, I have water bottle inside driver's guard, pump in there also (tight fit for big pump!), tube running inside front bumper, fridge filter in front of radiator, tube to solenoid, solenoid above passenger healight, little T piece, M2 jet in intake pipe, and M3 jet in post supercharger pipe.

If you do it, make sure you tune for it (and that your tuner will do this), or you'll be another person saying it doesn't work! I reckon its works amazingly well....it was over 30 degrees at lunch today and I could drive on boost with air con on, extra passenger + gear, and engine happy. Different story 3 weeks ago!

Joe

FOR SALE! - Supercharged AUIII XR6 VCT, intercooled, T5, big brakes.... details in the 'For Sale' section - ford-parts-for-sale-f17/fs-supercharged-au-xr6-vct-series-iii-intercooled-rwc-rego-t114254.html

Posted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:28 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF F6 Tornado - #0077

VIC, Australia

Not to piss all over the previous posts about the EPA, but thats s**t and conjecture until i see print outs and such.

I do believe it would assist in a better burn when set up correct but I think mr. plod would like a second opinion as to the precise law on that

** For Sale ** http://www.fordmods.com/ford-parts-for-sale-f17/assorted-e-series-parts-t124697.html

F6 Tornado 2006 Build

Is it about sex? The engine in my car? Or a cure for cancer?
No?

Then f**k off

Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

Nice setup there dude!

BTW Fiend, i thought it was the olds jetfire of 1962 or there abouts that had the turbo setup & needed the special water in it?

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3