Fordmods Logo

Who's the Forscan / ELM327 expert here? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: Who's the Forscan / ELM327 expert here?
Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: BA MKII XR6

New Zealand

How much can I do with it, and what's the switch for on the modified ELM 327?

Post subject: Re: Who's the Forscan / ELM327 expert here?
Posted: Fri May 01, 2020 11:02 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

5h4dy wrote:
How much can I do with it, and what's the switch for on the modified ELM 327?

can do quite a bit with it depending on what model you have and if you have the full version or just the basics. AU2/3 you limited to a degree, but i can't say how much. BA/BF i have just started on. have reset faults & done the two keys. there is more you can do but i'm limiting myself so i don't change a wrong setting lol.

the swith is for changing from one system level to another (not a really good explanation i know) altho i think i read somewhere that it needs to work seamesly (but that might have been for FG?) i did mod one awhile back & didn't seem to do anything ? but i'm still new at this.

hopefully someone with a lot more knowledge will chime in and fill in blanks.

also go to forscan web site & have a look around

Posted: Fri May 01, 2020 5:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: BA MKII XR6

New Zealand

Mad2 wrote:
can do quite a bit with it depending on what model you have and if you have the full version or just the basics. AU2/3 you limited to a degree, but i can't say how much. BA/BF i have just started on. have reset faults & done the two keys. there is more you can do but i'm limiting myself so i don't change a wrong setting lol.

the swith is for changing from one system level to another (not a really good explanation i know) altho i think i read somewhere that it needs to work seamesly (but that might have been for FG?) i did mod one awhile back & didn't seem to do anything ? but i'm still new at this.

hopefully someone with a lot more knowledge will chime in and fill in blanks.

also go to forscan web site & have a look around

Thanks mate, I installed Forscan but I haven't plugged it into the car yet - it said to make sure the switch is in the position for whichever canbus or another, but the switch isn't labelled so I guess I'll try it one way and then if it fails I'll click it the other way :lol:

Posted: Fri May 01, 2020 8:13 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: SF5 Forester

NSW, Australia

Instead of making a new forum I'll just add to this topic/post I have an AUII V8 ute and I have an ELM327 cord that connects to the car and forscan but I can't seem to find the "mode 6" test to sus out misfires etc

The ELM I have doesn't have a switch on the side of it like most (I had to buy from ob2australia website as I got suckered into a clone knock off from ebay)

it only shows four tests but I've seen other videos and posts with more options... is it a AU thing not having 'real' OBD2 setup or is it the cord not having the correct connections in it?

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:45 am 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 98 Fairlane Concorde 4.0

QLD, Australia

Froudey wrote:
Instead of making a new forum I'll just add to this topic/post I have an AUII V8 ute and I have an ELM327 cord that connects to the car and forscan but I can't seem to find the "mode 6" test to sus out misfires etc

The ELM I have doesn't have a switch on the side of it like most (I had to buy from ob2australia website as I got suckered into a clone knock off from ebay)

it only shows four tests but I've seen other videos and posts with more options... is it a AU thing not having 'real' OBD2 setup or is it the cord not having the correct connections in it?

No switch? I just got one from OBD2Australia today, its got the switch.

Sadly, Goolge Play store has axed the Forscan app as of last Sunday for not offering anything new compared to like apps.
https://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=15224

Anyone got a copy of a working apk?

Silver NL Fairlane Concorde 98 4.0

1978 XC Fairmont GXL Update 5.8 with 218 Cam @ 50

Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: SF5 Forester

NSW, Australia

Another Gary wrote:
Froudey wrote:

No switch? I just got one from OBD2Australia today, its got the switch.

Sadly, Goolge Play store has axed the Forscan app as of last Sunday for not offering anything new compared to like apps.
https://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=15224

Anyone got a copy of a working apk?

My mistake I ordered the wrong one apparently and that apk I googled it and found a few sites that are current as of Jan 2020 not sure if that helps you in this instance

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]