Ride: EB Fairmont Ghia

SA, Australia

i need to know asap (not being rude) if an ef fuel pump will fit an eb

Post subject: Re: will an ef fuel pump fit my eb
Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:34 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

yes its the same..

please post threads in the apropriate forum...
thread moved to ecu, fuel systen forum..

Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:19 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

QLD, Australia

DONT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES USE FUELMISER FUEL PUMP!!!!!

Sold the Greenmachine - now driving 2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk.

Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:33 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: AU fairmont ghia

ACT, Australia

They are same pump but hose connections are different, ef using a clip on connection and eb uses o ring clamps

AU FAIRMONT GHIA: 5.0 Dealer ordered SVO mods ( seeking clarification ATM), tickford suspension.

Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: BA MKII XR6

New Zealand

Greenmachine wrote:
DONT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES USE FUELMISER FUEL PUMP!!!!!

Just wondering why you would say that?

Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Because I fitted one - which cost something like $170 from ripco - and six months later the car took to just stopping at random. Long story, couple of scary/dangerous incidents and much hair tearing later and I isolated the issue to the "new" fuelmiser pump.

At the time that pump went in I'd also had the head off and whole ignition system apart - so the NEW fuel pump wasn't high on any list of possible problems - especially at premium price of $170 - christ I can remember SAYING "well the fuel pump is new so it can't be that".

Bought a VDO one ($120) from Auto1 and it's been running fine for nearly a year now. Totally different sound between the two - the VDO one makes a deep solid and clearly audible whirring noise - the Fuelmiser one at best made a quiet squealing sound. The Fuelmiser one LOOKS cheap and toy by comparison to the VDO pump as well...

I know it might be unfair to be knifing them but I'm p****d that the Fuelmiser one not only failed like that but also cost so much more (no I wasn't able to make a warranty claim - didn't deliberately chuck the receipt but couldn't find the rotten thing either - all other receipts were there for all the gear to do with the head job etc. but not that one).

Product fails on me nearly new and I WILL trash the brand!!!

Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:35 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: BA MKII XR6

New Zealand

Greenmachine wrote:
Because I fitted one - which cost something like $170 from ripco - and six months later the car took to just stopping at random. Long story, couple of scary/dangerous incidents and much hair tearing later and I isolated the issue to the "new" fuelmiser pump.

At the time that pump went in I'd also had the head off and whole ignition system apart - so the NEW fuel pump wasn't high on any list of possible problems - especially at premium price of $170 - christ I can remember SAYING "well the fuel pump is new so it can't be that".

Bought a VDO one ($120) from Auto1 and it's been running fine for nearly a year now. Totally different sound between the two - the VDO one makes a deep solid and clearly audible whirring noise - the Fuelmiser one at best made a quiet squealing sound. The Fuelmiser one LOOKS cheap and toy by comparison to the VDO pump as well...

I know it might be unfair to be knifing them but I'm p****d that the Fuelmiser one not only failed like that but also cost so much more (no I wasn't able to make a warranty claim - didn't deliberately chuck the receipt but couldn't find the rotten thing either - all other receipts were there for all the gear to do with the head job etc. but not that one).

Product fails on me nearly new and I WILL trash the brand!!!

I see.... the reason I asked is that I had a factory one die on me a while back and replaced it with a fuelmiser from Ripco also..... It works okay, but makes an awful humming / squealing noise that annoys the heck outta me

Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:53 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Argh. Well I hate to say so but expect the bastard to end up quitting on you - hopefully not on the inside lane in peak traffic!!! At least if you can hear it you'll pick that's what's happening. Mine was inaudible unless I pressed my ear against the side of the car if everything else was quiet - at which it was makinging that wierd squealing sound when it ran.

By contrast the VDO pump has sounded more "correct" from the outset - makes a nice solid deep hum - which you can just faintly hear from the driver seat if everything is otherwise dead quiet - ie. that few seconds of running after ignition turned on. With engine running you can hear it in the boot very faintly.

Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:11 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: EB XR8, Now Blown 1977 Mini S

QLD, Australia

I had a fuel miser pump in the xr8 for three years and didn't have an issue with it at all until it sucked up some grit into it and destroyed it. I replaced it with a walbro pump which is $110 from repco(less with RACQ). Now running a modified facet pump for EFI cars and apart from the facet "clunk" noise it makes when operating, it is working perfectly.

Hooroo

Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Yeah - I guess it's ultimately down to the individual pump. Ripco wouldn't let me get off square one without a receipt - even tho Fuelmiser is THEIR product - so I WILL always trash them and that product - poor customer service = poor customer feedback.

Go figure a premium / performance pump sells for $110 vs $170 for the nasty (chinese? - if it's made in Aus then OMG no wonder our industry is f&^%ed!!! ) fuelmiser POS brand... And that just adds insult to injury - I wasn't even offered the cheaper option at the time!

Maybe I'm just hard to please :?

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ]