Fordmods Logo

Wolf V4 ecu piggyback into EF help on injector wiring 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: Wolf V4 ecu piggyback into EF help on injector wiring
Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:40 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

Long time member first time poster :p

So basically I'm going to piggyback my wolf ecu into the EF. This wolf was removed from an ed running piggback very well.

I stumbled across my 2nd major hurdle. In the ED injectors ran in 2 banks 1,2,3 and 4,5,6.

Looking at EF ecu diagram each injector has a single wire. Like some sort of sequential setup.

Anyone know what the go is here?

My idea is that i disconnect factory ecu wiring to injectors and run new 3 bank setup for my wolf.

Will this cause factory ECU any dramas as i need it to run the auto but im thinking because its an output it will think its firing injectors but wont actually know it isn't.

If there anyone out there running a wolf in an ef be interested to hear from you. EF's aren't as simple as dissy models to wire up

Thanks in Advance
Pub

Post subject: Re: Wolf V4 ecu piggyback into EF help on injector wiring
Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL TURBO GHIA

Power: 372 rwkw

NSW, Australia

im running a wolf but mines a EL, ive got a map tho if you need it ,and software

HMMMM BOOST !!!

ED fairmont R.I.P

STREET FORDS FEATURE CAR ISSUE 42

Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:52 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

Pub247 wrote:
Long time member first time poster :p

So basically I'm going to piggyback my wolf ecu into the EF. This wolf was removed from an ed running piggback very well.

I stumbled across my 2nd major hurdle. In the ED injectors ran in 2 banks 1,2,3 and 4,5,6.

Looking at EF ecu diagram each injector has a single wire. Like some sort of sequential setup.

Anyone know what the go is here?

My idea is that i disconnect factory ecu wiring to injectors and run new 3 bank setup for my wolf.

Will this cause factory ECU any dramas as i need it to run the auto but im thinking because its an output it will think its firing injectors but wont actually know it isn't.

If there anyone out there running a wolf in an ef be interested to hear from you. EF's aren't as simple as dissy models to wire up

Thanks in Advance
Pub

does the wolf v4 have the option to use 6 injector outputs??
if not just disconnect the injectors from the factory ecu and join the 123 injectors of 1 of the wolf injector drivers and 456 to a second driver like it was on the ed..

the ecu will still run the auto fine aslong as it still gets the crank signal,tps,speed signal ect.. it wont freak out not having anything on its output..

Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:22 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

TURBO_GHIA wrote:
im running a wolf but mines a EL, ive got a map tho if you need it ,and software

Yeah no problems mate i'm converting to dissy aswell. I'd be interested in a map and software. What setup are you running i.e. injectors,turbo, piggybacked?

TROYMAN wrote:
does the wolf v4 have the option to use 6 injector outputs??
if not just disconnect the injectors from the factory ecu and join the 123 injectors of 1 of the wolf injector drivers and 456 to a second driver like it was on the ed..

the ecu will still run the auto fine aslong as it still gets the crank signal,tps,speed signal ect.. it wont freak out not having anything on its output..

No it doesnt the V4 only has 4 injector output and a 5th aux one. Yeah i was hoping itd be that way as they're outputs it wouldnt know whether it worked or not as theres no signal return. I'm also thinking of convertign to 3 banks of opposing cylinders instead of 2. To my untrained tuning abilities there should be benefits to doing it that way

Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL TURBO GHIA

Power: 372 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Pub247 wrote:
TURBO_GHIA wrote:

Yeah no problems mate i'm converting to dissy aswell. I'd be interested in a map and software. What setup are you running i.e. injectors,turbo, piggybacked?

turbo is gt3582r
running dizzy ,42lb injectors ,yeah piggy backed onto the standard ecu its only there to control the gearbox now ,

HMMMM BOOST !!!

ED fairmont R.I.P

STREET FORDS FEATURE CAR ISSUE 42

Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:41 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

TURBO_GHIA wrote:
turbo is gt3582r
running dizzy ,42lb injectors ,yeah piggy backed onto the standard ecu its only there to control the gearbox now ,

Sounds good i'll pm you my email I'm running 60lbs injectors Garret GT4082 turbo not quite the same i'm sure yours will get on boost a lot earlier than mine but it'll be a good starting point comparison. I also have a reco'd EL tickford motor of unknown specs as it was in the car when i bought it.
Building the car myself pretty much doing everything i can link you to my thread on fordforums if people are interested

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]