xf efi 

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:39 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: XF Wagon

VIC, Australia

Thanks

I realise that it wont be easy!

I have a knew solution for the fuel tank and pump issue. I use the standard tank thats all ready in my car. Connect an after market low pressure pump to the outlet under the car. This pump will feed a catch can which the high pressure pump will feed off. The high pressure pump will be off a vl turbo. Run the over flow from the catch can back to the tank. The fuel line from the injector rail feeds the catch can.
I'm gona bend new liunes aswell.

I may have missed something somewhere but i thought that i could connect my standard ignition system to the ms. May need to re read a few points.

The motor that i have for the conversion has a knock sensor. Can i just remove the knock sensor if the ms doesn't support it?

Cheers

If its too loud your too old!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:33 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

Pane wrote:
Thanks

I realise that it wont be easy!

I have a knew solution for the fuel tank and pump issue. I use the standard tank thats all ready in my car. Connect an after market low pressure pump to the outlet under the car. This pump will feed a catch can which the high pressure pump will feed off. The high pressure pump will be off a vl turbo. Run the over flow from the catch can back to the tank. The fuel line from the injector rail feeds the catch can.
I'm gona bend new liunes aswell.

I may have missed something somewhere but i thought that i could connect my standard ignition system to the ms. May need to re read a few points.

The motor that i have for the conversion has a knock sensor. Can i just remove the knock sensor if the ms doesn't support it?

Cheers

Tank idea sounds ok. I wanted to keep mods to a minimum on mine using as many std parts as possible.

With IGN, you'll need to either use a std distributor (with points or hall) or use the TFI. I'm using TFI

Knock sensor is just a crystal in a piece of metal. You probably wont need it if the MS is tuned properly.....

Posted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:39 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: XF Wagon

VIC, Australia

G'day

I'm gona run tfi aswell but i'm a little unsure of how ms11 works with tfi. Its not on the ms11 web page, how does it work?

Is yours in the car and working?

After reading more of the info on ms11 i'm a little unsure of running the engine from scratch. The reason for my worry is that if i get the ve maps wrong i may damage my new engine.

The wiring of the ms seams really easy. Making the wiring looms should be easy enough and the relay board will make it easier again.

Does the xf come with a stepper iac or a fast idle valve?

Cheers

If its too loud your too old!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:33 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

Pane wrote:
I'm gona run tfi aswell but i'm a little unsure of how ms11 works with tfi. Its not on the ms11 web page, how does it work?

Dunno. I'm using ms and spark
Pane wrote:
Is yours in the car and working?

Nope - see post(s) above

Pane wrote:

Does the xf come with a stepper iac or a fast idle valve?

It's not stepper. It uses variable voltage. If you search the forums you can find references to ISC / IAC problems. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it

Cheers

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2