Fordmods Logo

xh2 ecu compatablitly 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: xh2 ecu compatablitly
Posted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:28 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: xh turbo6/ba xt wagon

QLD, Australia

Hi there, converting my turboed xh ute 1998 model back standard to run in a motor i haveing lots of trouble finding a xh2 ecu and the wreakers reckon the el ecu wont work is this true?
would be easyer to just get a el loom and ecu if true?
i running log manifold, dissy (but i do have a ef type laying around to),
i will be going back to my turbo setup when run in so cheapest way would be best.

why bother u ask, well long bad story, i had ute since new, turboed it 2003 jjm motor gt42r microtech etc etc, fun times :D then i cooked the motor 1 day and starting streching timing chains and snapping guides, not fun :( , after the 6 chain and guides in 3 weeks sumthing was majorly wrong check everything, came down to cam tunnel warped and cam locking when i backed off after give it stick, anyhow it was due for for rings so i said rebuild bottom end fix or get new head and then he went broke and when i went to pick it up from the shop i found my ecu, head, fuel system, ignition, pretty much all my custom parts missing :( (8 other cars were is the same boat). almost binned the car right then and there so disharting ,i didnt just stuck it out back for while and forgot about it.
then my dad traded in his modifyed vt v6sc for an accord(eeeewwwwwwbut awell he's old lol) i took his motec m8oo out :) that lit a fire.
it time to getting it running again !!
i got my turbo and manifold still, just picked up a fresh standard and most of the engine bay acc, now for ignition and ecu and it time to put inlet manifold on and drop it in.
so with microtech now gone and motec not tuned to suit my car yet i figure putting it back in standard to run it in would best option then bang all my turbo gear after run in, i dont think tuneing the motec on a fresh motor would be wise.
anyhow if any1 can help thanks,
luke

Post subject: Re: xh2 ecu compatablitly
Posted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:30 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

Beasti wrote:
Hi there, converting my turboed xh ute 1998 model back standard to run in a motor i haveing lots of trouble finding a xh2 ecu and the wreakers reckon the el ecu wont work
The XHII and EL wiring harnesses are 98% same. If you still have the original ECU plug and the wiring is still std, then an EL ECU will plug in and work fine. The EL ECU will have the maps set up for the BBM manifold, and not the log, so use 66 coupe's advice at ecu-fuel-system-eec-f21/el-and-ed-ecu-t79739.html .
An EL auto ECU is probably the cheapest and easiest to find option. If the ute is manual, you'll need to add the 6.8kohm resistor to keep your idle to normal instead of 1200 rpm, and a 1.2kohm resistor to simulate auto trans temp, otherwise both thermo fans run at full speed always.
The above resistor setups are covered in the many auto to manual conversion threads on here - the pin nos required are the same XH/EL/EB/ED (60 pin ECU).

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:32 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: xh turbo6/ba xt wagon

QLD, Australia

thanks, looked a that thread awhile ago and couldnt find it last night.
ended up getting xh2 auto ecu so ill have to put the resistors on as i use c4 box
thanks
luke

Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:39 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

Yep, any XH I6 non XR ECU will do fine.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]