Fordmods Logo

Ford Capri headlights 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: Ford Capri headlights
Posted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:06 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford Falcon XR6T/Capri SA

QLD, Australia

Hi guys, new to the form and this is my first post. Just bought a 1990 Capri with pop-up headlights. One light sticks though, either will not retract or will not pop up properly sometimes. Any clues on what to do? :roll:

Also does anyone know where you can get a headlight conversion to change from those sealed beam lights to halogen? Any complications to do that if there is a kit available?

Post subject: Re: Ford Capri headlights
Posted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:51 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

I think there is a changeover relay which controls the up and down function and a motor and linkage to drive it.Depending on the size of the lights you should be able to get them from any auto store.If they are round they are either 7 inch or 5 3/4 inch,Take one out as a sample and do buy decent lights[Hella ,Stanley,Koito or Narva]I actually thought they came with QH lamps .Have fun Kevman

Post subject: Re: Ford Capri headlights
Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:36 am 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

Hay champ, if u look behind the light in the engine bay you will see a little rubber cap, or a knob looking thing. This is the manual gear to make it go up and down. just turn it either way and it will go up and down ( there is a lot of thread so might take a bit).

Also if ur looking to fix the problem its fairly easy, just have to remover the pop up light out off the well and take the motor (that drives the links that makes the light go up and down) out. Its only relitively small and there isnt much to it. then just take the motor apart and regreaze it. I have done it a few times and it is fairly straight forward.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]