Fordmods Logo

she aint no ford but she doses loud 

 

Page 3 of 5 [ 67 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

 
 Post subject: Re: she aint no ford but she doses loud
Posted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 670

Joined: 29th Nov 2007

Gallery: 1 images

Location: brisbane
QLD, Australia

do you mean clean it up by deleting it... you call that a turbo....? hahaha talk normal and im glad you dont drive a ford... haha

 

_________________

if the bar aint bendin your just pretendin

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: she aint no ford but she doses loud
Posted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 49

Posts: 6467

Joined: 18th Dec 2006

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

Location: Rockhampton
QLD, Australia

tx5_cool_dude2006 wrote:
ffs back to the subject


my current mods will be

Woo chipped ECU
Boost controller
Whiteline front strut brace
MX6 rear strut brace
2.5" exhaust
king spring lows
frontmount 600x300 and piping made up so can ditch the stock set up

at the end of it i should be able to wind the boost to 16psi which should give me about 160kw at the front wheels


Does it have an Engine oil cooler???? What is the current engine oil pressure????......and you want to squeeze in 16psi????...........more homework needed.

 

_________________

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: she aint no ford but she doses loud
Posted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 48

Posts: 419

Joined: 16th Jan 2005

Ride: EF Ghia 5.0

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

So, how does the term 'dose' apply to the sound of a blow off valve?

Mike

 

_________________

EF Ghia 5.0 - XR8 in a tuxedo....classy, low and loud

Bordeaux Purple, Tickford kit, slammed, 18" BA XR8's, EL Ghia chrome, full leather, Pioneer audio, C&C, ABS, LSD, Crane cam, GT40P heads, high flow cats, Genie extractors, lots of woodgrain, chrome and interior lights!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: she aint no ford but she doses loud
Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:04 am 
Oompa Loompa
Offline

Age: 34

Posts: 27

Joined: 6th Oct 2007

Location: sydney
NSW, Australia

cjh wrote:
tx5_cool_dude2006 wrote:
ffs back to the subject


my current mods will be

Woo chipped ECU
Boost controller
Whiteline front strut brace
MX6 rear strut brace
2.5" exhaust
king spring lows
frontmount 600x300 and piping made up so can ditch the stock set up

at the end of it i should be able to wind the boost to 16psi which should give me about 160kw at the front wheels


Does it have an Engine oil cooler???? What is the current engine oil pressure????......and you want to squeeze in 16psi????...........more homework needed.


nah man no home work needed man just a woo chip and a boost controller will do

im allready boosting at 12psi if i go more i will get fuel cut thats what the woo chipp comes in it takes that restriction away


with this engine cooler im confussed do you mean automatic transmission cooler because this is a proper low compression turbo engine oil pressure im unsure yet because i dont have gauges lit up like a xmas tree yet
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: she aint no ford but she doses loud
Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:17 am 
Oompa Loompa
Offline

Age: 34

Posts: 27

Joined: 6th Oct 2007

Location: sydney
NSW, Australia

V8 Ghia Mike wrote:
So, how does the term 'dose' apply to the sound of a blow off valve?

Mike



it doesent
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: she aint no ford but she doses loud
Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:30 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 670

Joined: 29th Nov 2007

Gallery: 1 images

Location: brisbane
QLD, Australia

V8 Ghia Mike wrote:
So, how does the term 'dose' apply to the sound of a blow off valve?

Mike

it refers to the echo of the air passing back thru the turbo after the throttle body is shut.. peple who love the dose usually remove the B.O.V so the only way the unused airpressue to escape is via the turbo which can hinder power and engine/turbo life

 

_________________

if the bar aint bendin your just pretendin

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: she aint no ford but she doses loud
Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 6168

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

i love how everyone is paying this guy out - yet majority of this forums drives glorified EA's... awesome!

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: she aint no ford but she doses loud
Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:36 pm 
Technical Contributor
Offline
User avatar

Age: 26

Posts: 399

Joined: 19th Dec 2008

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: '62 mercury/au xr6/zh 'lane

Location: Ballarat
VIC, Australia

Mitch_ wrote:
i love how everyone is paying this guy out - yet majority of this forums drives glorified EA's... awesome!


That's because EA's kick a**, just ask someone who owns one.

 

_________________

How many bears could Bear Grylls grill if Bear Grylls could grill bears?

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: she aint no ford but she doses loud
Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 6168

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

yeh i normally stay away from centrelink and woodridge - and normally like to avoid s**t kikers....

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: she aint no ford but she doses loud
Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:59 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 103

Joined: 10th May 2007

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: EF

Location: Cranbourne
VIC, Australia

I wonder if this is his vid on driftin too??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP_cHHNXetE

Sorry dude, but you don't see us posting on Mazda or Holden forums.

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: she aint no ford but she doses loud
Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 567

Joined: 2nd Jul 2007

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 5spd EF

I also had to contribute, Still can't believe i found this :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4hiu92g ... re=related
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: she aint no ford but she doses loud
Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 33

Posts: 5924

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: Ford FPV FG F6 310

Power: 149 rwkw

Location: Brisbane
QLD, Australia

93_eb_fairmont wrote:
Mitch_ wrote:
i love how everyone is paying this guy out - yet majority of this forums drives glorified EA's... awesome!


That's because EA's kick a**, just ask someone who owns one.


lol thats coming from an ea driver.

that mazda would probably hose a worked ea slapper.

 

_________________

NEW RIDE - FPV FG F6 6spd Auto. 12.26@114MPH, 1.88 60FT on Cheapy Tyres with 38PSI - Stock except K&N filter!

R.I.P. BF XR6 Turbo - You will not be forgotten :( 12.06@120MPH

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: she aint no ford but she doses loud
Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:45 pm 
Oompa Loompa
Offline

Age: 34

Posts: 27

Joined: 6th Oct 2007

Location: sydney
NSW, Australia

yeah problem is i dont have to do anything to mod my car besides turn the boost up and i will still get away with your fries and you still wont catch me
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: she aint no ford but she doses loud
Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 49

Posts: 6467

Joined: 18th Dec 2006

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

Location: Rockhampton
QLD, Australia

tx5_cool_dude2006 wrote:
cjh wrote:
tx5_cool_dude2006 wrote:
ffs back to the subject


my current mods will be

Woo chipped ECU
Boost controller
Whiteline front strut brace
MX6 rear strut brace
2.5" exhaust
king spring lows
frontmount 600x300 and piping made up so can ditch the stock set up

at the end of it i should be able to wind the boost to 16psi which should give me about 160kw at the front wheels


Does it have an Engine oil cooler???? What is the current engine oil pressure????......and you want to squeeze in 16psi????...........more homework needed.


nah man no home work needed man just a woo chip and a boost controller will do

im allready boosting at 12psi if i go more i will get fuel cut thats what the woo chipp comes in it takes that restriction away


with this engine cooler im confussed do you mean automatic transmission cooler because this is a proper low compression turbo engine oil pressure im unsure yet because i dont have gauges lit up like a xmas tree yet



An ENGINE OIL COOLER, is what i said, not a tranny cooler. In a turbo engine, the oil runs hotter, coz it takes a lot of heat out of the turbo, hence why you don't switch them off straight away after a flogging, the oil boils in the turbo, and creates nasty deposits that wreck it, and your oil pump.
Like I said, more homework.

 

_________________

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: she aint no ford but she doses loud
Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:57 am 
Oompa Loompa
Offline

Age: 34

Posts: 27

Joined: 6th Oct 2007

Location: sydney
NSW, Australia

ok lol thats if i had a high compression engine

oil cooler is not needed for running 200hp

and yes if i was running over 400hp

why would i need to switch it off when i have a turbo timer installed i let that do the work to cool down for 1 min which is more then enough

i allso use 10w30 castrol gtx magnetic oil so no the oil will not run any hotter

i think yous should go here to get some facts straightened out first because now i understand why other car forums laugh behind fordmods back for

http://www.mx6.com/forums/project-s-faq-s/
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 3 of 5  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:53 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names