Fordmods Logo

0DAD ECU 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: 0DAD ECU
Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:17 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ed gli sedan

QLD, Australia

Hi all. I'm new to fordmods but have an ED GLI sedan with an ed xr6 motor. I recently got hold of a T5 and associated bits for manual conversion. Along with those bits was an ECU with the model code 0DAD, I have looked all over the internet and have not been able to find that particular code on any forums or ecu code lists. Going by the code I have worked out it is an eb1 manual ecu, but what I need to know is, are these a rare ecu, and will it work in my ed with the manual box and will it give me any performance gain/loss with the xr6 engine. Thanks in advance.

Post subject: Re: 0DAD ECU
Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:44 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

odad.. is a ea or eb1 manual ecu.(non smartlock).. the only questionable thing is, is it from a mpfi or cfi ?...
if its mpfi it will work in the ed but not ideal as the ed aircon wont work as the a/c switching runs through the ecu in eb2 and ed, if its a cfi ecu it wont run the ed mpfi at all

Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:27 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

TROYMAN wrote:
odad.. is a ea or eb1 manual ecu.(non smartlock).. the only questionable thing is, is it from a mpfi or cfi ?...
if its mpfi it will work in the ed but not ideal as the ed aircon wont work as the a/c switching runs through the ecu in eb2 and ed,

must remember that titbit :?

Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:31 pm 

NSW, Australia

Mad2 wrote:
TROYMAN wrote:
if its mpfi it will work in the ed but not ideal as the ed aircon wont work as the a/c switching runs through the ecu in eb2 and ed,

must remember that titbit :?

that's because the ea runs a simple thermostat for the evaporator in the a/c. where eb2 onwards run a thermistor and also uses engine load info to cut off a/c on full throttle and engine overheat ect..

Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:33 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ed gli sedan

QLD, Australia

Thanks for the info. The car it came out of was a fully optioned eb fairmont ghia that was mpfi and factory manual. Have the lcd instrument cluster too and i'm pretty sure it had smartlock. Just has me confused because I can't find a 0DAD on any catch code lists i've looked at and according to all the information i've been able to find so far, an eb1 shouldn't have smartlock or mpfi and manual ghia's are seemingly rare too. If a/c is the only other issue I might just chuck it in and see what happens. Thanks again for the info.

Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:38 am 

NSW, Australia

we have a list here...
it doesn't show the 0dad.. but it shows what cars have the 0dxx ecus

ecu-fuel-system-eec-f21/ecu-catch-codes-t30186.html

a non smartlock ecu will work in a smartlock car... just a smartlock ecu wont work in a non smartlock car without a bypass...

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]