Fordmods Logo

13.6 out of a nearly stock fg non turbo xr6 

Page 5 of 19 [ 282 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 19  Next

Post subject: Re: 14.5 stock quarter mile in my fg xr6
Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: f6 rspec

NSW, Australia

brad17djr wrote:
Just cracked 13.990@100mph with the exhuast time for a lsd i think:)

awesome work mate! is that full exhaust with extractors?

should get it flash tuned and run in a few weeks when the nights start getting cold

Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

lol mental.
imagine it in an Ed or something lighter.
would also be very interesting to see what some bigger cams (that still retained the variable timing) would do

XG Panelvan
mild engine, EL ECU & J3, HI6 & MSD coil

in the shed - .595" lift cam, GT4202, forged AU engine, ems 4424 ecu, glide & 5500 stall - next-bellhousing

XH ute daily - DOHC BA XR6 engine, T5, AU3 ECU, J3 chip, wideband & logger, ported BBM, 3" intake

Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

paulos wrote:
deffs puts its power to the ground well like the series 1 vn v6 they would get 6.5sec 0-100 stock after a few months in production the cars 0-100 went to 9.5secs ( to many crashes with the first lot)

is it possible to get a fg xr6 to a 13.5?

are you for cerial? Put down teh crack pipe dude, a stock VN V6 has not, and will not ever do a 6.5s 0-100 run

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:56 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 09 FG XR6

Power: 208 rwkw

NSW, Australia

thanks guys i have pacemaker 4495 extractors and 3 inch stainless cat then 3 inch pipe 1 ofset muffler ther the rear is a FG GT system with the twin tips it's have a street tune with the sct but i'l be getting it dyno done soon at djr performance taree my biggest problem now is i gota get a LSD

2 FOR TURNING & 2 FOR BURNING

Posted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:04 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: 98 EL Futura

Power: 199 rwkw

VIC, Australia

67RCE wrote:
paulos wrote:
deffs puts its power to the ground well like the series 1 vn v6 they would get 6.5sec 0-100 stock after a few months in production the cars 0-100 went to 9.5secs ( to many crashes with the first lot)

are you for cerial? Put down teh crack pipe dude, a stock VN V6 has not, and will not ever do a 6.5s 0-100 run

lol no s**t maybe off a cliff

EL Futura: CVE head, Wolf V500, ICE Ignition and Coil, 36lb injectors, Walbro 255lb, Paci comps, 3" exhaust, T5, Harrop Truetrac with 3.9s. Now with 198.9rwkw, (~185rwkw and 13.80 @99.1mph) with more power to come

Posted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:12 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: el xr6, r33 series 2 skyline

Power: 149 rwkw

SA, Australia

its true for few months the first vn's had to much power so holden down graded it apperntly there were lots of crashes coming from these cars

most vns are slow, but a few are out there that will do 0-100 in 6.5 i dident belive it either when i read it but a few months l8r a friend baught a vn and it was one of the first ones and it flies much faster than are el's and ef's

i would rather this not to be true, i was devostated to learn that

God made s**t, Holden put wheels on it

skyline daily
ford building

Posted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

they were too peaky that was all, they fitted a bellmouth into the intake to help.
and as said, it will feel much quicker due to the gearing.
it would be like driving a falcon with 3.9s or higher.
i highly doubt that fitting the bellmouth (which was the only change in terms of power) would cause it to lose 3 seconds to 100...
the VS has a much much better engine (its the AU engine of the holden world) and should slay most auto EA-ED

sorry to say, the auto falcons just arent meant to go fast until you boost them lol

XG Panelvan

in the shed - .595" lift cam, GT4202, forged AU engine, ems 4424 ecu, glide & 5500 stall - next-bellhousing

XH ute daily - DOHC BA XR6 engine, T5, AU3 ECU, J3 chip, wideband & logger, ported BBM, 3" intake

Posted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:49 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: 98 EL Futura

Power: 199 rwkw

VIC, Australia

misk_one wrote:
they were too peaky that was all, they fitted a bellmouth into the intake to help.
and as said, it will feel much quicker due to the gearing.
it would be like driving a falcon with 3.9s or higher.
i highly doubt that fitting the bellmouth (which was the only change in terms of power) would cause it to lose 3 seconds to 100...
the VS has a much much better engine (its the AU engine of the holden world) and should slay most auto EA-ED

sorry to say, the auto falcons just arent meant to go fast until you boost them lol

You can make auto falcons go quick mate.

EL Futura: CVE head, Wolf V500, ICE Ignition and Coil, 36lb injectors, Walbro 255lb, Paci comps, 3" exhaust, T5, Harrop Truetrac with 3.9s. Now with 198.9rwkw, (~185rwkw and 13.80 @99.1mph) with more power to come

Posted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: ef fairmont turbo

Power: 213 rwkw

VIC, Australia

paulos wrote:
its true for few months the first vn's had to much power so holden down graded it apperntly there were lots of crashes coming from these cars

most vns are slow, but a few are out there that will do 0-100 in 6.5 i dident belive it either when i read it but a few months l8r a friend baught a vn and it was one of the first ones and it flies much faster than are el's and ef's

i would rather this not to be true, i was devostated to learn that

who ever told you that is as stupid as you for believing them.
a average auto falcon does 0-100km/h in roughly 8-8.5secs.. even if early vn's were quicker, do you realize how much of a difference 2secs is??
the auto i6 vs auto v6 has been done to death on ford mods..

Quote:

any i6 post eb has more power and torque then a vs s**t EVERYWHERE in the rev range, it responds better to mods, its stronger and generally has a longer life....

Quote:

you do realize that the very car this thread is made for is a na i6, you you think its slow???

96 EF FAIRMONT
Garrett gt40turbo, iceman plenum, ported head, turbo cam, double valvesprings, 023 fuel pump, 36lb injectors 4' cat, 4' dump, 2.5 exhaust, build bottom end, hypertonic pistons rods & rods, king bearings, j3. c10 3500 stall
232rwkw@4psi

Posted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:49 am 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

congrats on the time.
im just curious, i have a bf mk2 4 speed auto, with cold air intake, cat back zorst. what time would i be looking at gettin down the 1/4 mile?
also, what would be the optimum rev to stall it at?
im takin my car to whoop a** wensday down at kwinana with my mate, hes got a vy ss, zorst system and an auto quick shift. its said that they are sposed to run 14's stock, same as the xr6t.
obviously my car would get shat on by the vy, but what time am i looking at roughly?
also, how would my car perform if i upgraded the gearbox to zf 6 speed? would it change my times at all?
cheers
alex

2007 BF Falcon MkII
-Superlow Kings
-cat back zorst
-home made cai
-green interior lights

Posted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

you probably should have started you own thread instead of hijacking this one mate.
but in answering you question, on average you will be looking at a low 15,
your a bit limited on how much you can stall it being a auto, trial and error will be the best method.
your mate will be looking at a low 14
and a zf6 will make a good difference, but for that amount of $$$ your better off spending it else where

96 EF FAIRMONT
Garrett gt40turbo, iceman plenum, ported head, turbo cam, double valvesprings, 023 fuel pump, 36lb injectors 4' cat, 4' dump, 2.5 exhaust, build bottom end, hypertonic pistons rods & rods, king bearings, j3. c10 3500 stall
232rwkw@4psi

Posted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:07 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: EA 88 5spd mpi wagon

NSW, Australia

67RCE wrote:
paulos wrote:

well said my mate had one worked to with in an inch of it's life and still was nowhere close to that time and as for to many crashes it's because they handle like a bath tub on ice

poo poo pow power rangers

Posted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

ACT, Australia

VNs had 185 wide tyres, you wont get 0-100 in 6.5secs with those unless its ripping a skid :lol:

Reason they were so peaky was the first gear, which is much shorter than a Falcons. From a roll the Falcon was always quicker.

1993 ED XR6 5speed Polynesian Green. Project car.

1998 EL XR8 Auto Hot Chilli Red. New daily and project

Posted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:31 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

4dlvr wrote:
Quote:

any i6 post eb has more power and torque then a vs s**t EVERYWHERE in the rev range, it responds better to mods, its stronger and generally has a longer life....

Quote:

you do realize that the very car this thread is made for is a na i6, you you think its slow???

more power a torque when comparing EF-AU to VS perhaps, but this is only a 3kw and 40nm difference. pretty sure the VS will rev higher and is a much smoother engine than i would say even EF/EL.
any non xr6 EA-ED will have less power than a VS
there is alot that contributes to acceleration, quoting only power and torque doesnt mean s**t.

basically, if you win to a VS in a standard EA-ED in say a drag, then perhaps you should stop trying to race gandpa on his way to the shops, because all signs point to that car have better acceleration.

and yes i do realise this thread is for an auto car, i should have mentioned i was mainly referring to a falcon running a BTR with standard non XR diff gears with no high stall.

sure you can make them quick, fit a good high stall, 3.9s or 4.11s with a shiftkit mod or valvebody upgrade and im sure it will be s**t quicker.
but without thought in these areas, they are sluggish as f**k off the line.

lining up a standard falcon upto AU (not sure how AU would compate to a VT?) with an equal standard commodore (ie EA vs VN), the commodore should
always get off the line first and put the first 60-80ks (or even higher for EAs!) to better use as this is where falcons with 3.08 dif ratio will change into second

XG Panelvan

Posted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

a vs is 10kw down and 53 nm to its equivalent ef.
it also weighs a 100kg less,
and as stated before it makes less power and torque everywhere in the rev range.
it is by no means a smoother engine the the i6.
drive both of them back to back and you will realize how far ahead the i6 is

96 EF FAIRMONT
232rwkw@4psi

Sort by  
 Page 5 of 19  [ 282 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 19  Next