Fordmods Logo

1636 from wades 

Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:52 pm 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
[
with the right port job, the car that makes between 130 and 150rwkw with a stock head could make a few kw more yet use less fuel,

I agree for sure. If the porting is done well it will make a difference at low lifts and lower rpm as well. maybe not a big difference for the money though. I have been quoted from $600-$3200 for porting and its hard to find someone who you could trust to do a good job for the right sort of money.

It is however easy to get most competent engine shops to do a good valve seat job and shave for a bit of compression. this is hard to F*** up. Porting is easy to F#$$ up and it doesn't always produce results

Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

i am now thinking of a CNC head from this place ment to be good for 265hp if you use there cam pakage aswell http://www.kec.com.au/heads_street_perf ... age_3.html

Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

fastleno wrote:
i am now thinking of a CNC head from this place ment to be good for 265hp if you use there cam pakage aswell http://www.kec.com.au/heads_street_perf ... age_3.html

the stage 3 head is not the cnc machined head.

the cnc head is capable of over 400hp if you build a bottom end that will hold up to high revs. by high i mean 7000rpm (by then piston speeds are getting close to what the V10 F1 engines see at about 17 000rpm)

Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
fastleno wrote:

the cnc head is capable of over 400hp if you build a bottom end that will hold up to high revs. by high i mean 7000rpm (by then piston speeds are getting close to what the V10 F1 engines see at about 17 000rpm)

ok i thought all there heads were CNC anyways i found this on there site. CNC Kostecki 4-litre Ford OHC
500hp Potential

Kostecki 4-litre OHC is ideal for hot street. Best suited with modified camshaft with high lobe intensity. Version two large valve head produced 300hp at the tyres. Naturally aspirated.

Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

fastleno wrote:
tickford_6 wrote:
fastleno wrote:

ok i thought all there heads were CNC anyways i found this on there site. CNC Kostecki 4-litre Ford OHC
500hp Potential

Kostecki 4-litre OHC is ideal for hot street. Best suited with modified camshaft with high lobe intensity. Version two large valve head produced 300hp at the tyres. Naturally aspirated.

yeah i'm actualy buying one of them. though 500hp is a little over the top in a street car. any engine making more then 100HP/L is pushing it for a street ar

Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
fastleno wrote:
tickford_6 wrote:
fastleno wrote:

500hp Potential

yeah i'm actualy buying one of them. though 500hp is a little over the top in a street car. any engine making more then 100HP/L is pushing it for a street ar
yer not the sort of car i would send the missus of to the shops in, however it would be funny watching her trying to get out the driveway she has enough troble now lol

Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:05 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: EL Futura

NSW, Australia

I just slotted a new wade 1636 in my EL auto the other day, sounds very nice through the pacies/redback system(no resonator). Resetting the (stock) ECU definitely helped.

No vernier cam gear (yet), and the 3.08 diff is really holding her back now.

3.7's on a daily driver? Let's find out! :D

'97 EL Futura Auto
Pacies, Wade 1636 cam

3.45LSD next

Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:09 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

futura-ma wrote:
I just slotted a new wade 1636 in my EL auto the other day, sounds very nice through the pacies/redback system(no resonator). Resetting the (stock) ECU definitely helped.

so you didnt need to dial the cam in.

Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:52 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: EL Futura

NSW, Australia

fastleno wrote:
futura-ma wrote:

Nope, still on standard cam timing. I'd say the vernier would be worthwhile, so I can move the power lower down in the rev range.

'97 EL Futura Auto
Pacies, Wade 1636 cam

3.45LSD next

Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

futura-ma wrote:
fastleno wrote:
futura-ma wrote:

Nope, still on standard cam timing. I'd say the vernier would be worthwhile, so I can move the power lower down in the rev range.
i havent yet tackeled mine the vernier sound good though last time i set up a cam i used jp twin true roller set with the 9 keyways but thats on my crossflow, anyways i only have one road car so i dont want to get left without it if something goes wrong or isnt right. spose i could take the speedway car to the shops no plates and it goes like a hairy goat :D

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2