Fordmods Logo

$1700 to spend on stock ef 

Page 2 of 3 [ 32 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:35 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Turbo EL

VIC, Australia

They are all great ideas, thanks for the help.
Keep the ideas coming. As for a sound system i have other money for that and really only interested in a cheap set up to get me going.

Build Thread:
1998 Turbo EL Futura Sapphire

Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:18 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: EF Fairmont

WA, Australia

apparently its pointless upgrading cams on an EF because it has hydrolic lifters so barley makes a power increase only a little bit on torque

Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Boxcar Love

QLD, Australia

shazza9275 wrote:
apparently its pointless upgrading cams on an EF because it has hydrolic lifters so barley makes a power increase only a little bit on torque

HAHAHAHA,

you need to do some research.

Commodore australia's favorite car??? What a load of s**t

Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EA SVO, AU2, Toyota Crown

VIC, Australia

skidder wrote:
PIMP_LTD wrote:
WILDEB wrote:

and your a d***head. do i have JBL? amp and one sub maybe. not speakers. not head deck

HAHAHA took the bait. Who's the d***head now.

I'm so lost....but honestly what's the point in spending $250? You might aswell just buy a $100 head deck from supercheap and keep stock speakers as any speakers you will fit into that budget won't be worth upgrading to anyway :roll:

But on track, +1 for diff gears, then exhaust + headers (try to get 2nd hand), then a cam.

Don't waste money on a K&N filter unless yours is f**k, pre BBM intake mods do piss all for power unless you have more money to spend. Seeing as your on a budget there are obviously better things to spend money on.

thats what i was saying. in a budget of 250 bucks for a stereo it'd be s**t. you have to spend over 1250 for something half decent

Daily driver: 2010 Toyota Crown hybrid 3.5L V6 hybrid. 254kw.
Weekend car: AU2 "XR8" 220kw 5L 5 speed. 19" BBS LM . Full exhaust. Lowered on Kings and Koni's. 13.8@97mph
Fast car: EA SVO AU motor. Built BTR. SDE 3500 stall. 76mm turbo. On E85. approx 425rwkw. 10.8@126mph

Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

shazza9275 wrote:

:shock:

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

shazza9275 wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Posted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:05 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

shazza9275 wrote:

but seriously, please read the sticky at the top of this section.

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:33 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: DENTED UP OLD AUT WAGON

New Zealand

el-ghia wrote:
like everyone says exhaust,extractors,lowering
!!!!!!!!!!!BRAKES!!!!!!!!!!

Since you're on a budget... Don't go buying s**t real quick. Just hold your horses and keep going around the wreckers... I've managed quite a bit for a grand $NZ including...

LOWERING.
XR6 sports low springs in front ($60odd)

BRAKES.
$300 odd for ZONELLI slotted and dimpled front rotors.... A bit of cash, but the best thing I've bought probably...

EXTRACTORS.
Swapped my old wheels and rubber when I got some new wheels.

WHEELS.
17x8 with tyres 235x45x17 $500 delivered.

WHITELINE SWAY BAR.
$9 with all the bushes and everything. ($340 odd new from Whiteline)

BA AIR INTAKE PIPE.
Instead of using expensive 3" pipe to your throttle from the pod or panel filter, by a BA pipe from the wrecker for $50 - unless you have a source of cheap pipe and happen to be a welder.

GEAR KNOB $6

CUSTOM TAILIGHTS $70

SHIFT KIT $25
Made according to fordmods documents but put in a foot pedal so you push the switch down to change gears faster when you need it.

Would really like the cam upgrade, but am on a real tight budget and am struggling to finish my manual gearbox conversion... (manual gearbox $500 - clutch pedal $50, and about $60 all up for 2 bellhousings, two pressure plates, two clutch plates, throw out bearings x3 --- spiggot bearing $12 brand new and need a clutch cable still...

JVC 6x9's 450w $30
KENWOOD 6x9's 250 $40 (in front doors!)
DVD HEAD UNIT $180
7 Inch MotorDrive screen $200

The car handles one million times better than standard, breathes better, goes better and will last longer.

It also looks better.

Have a look at the start of proceedings at http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopi ... 80&start=0 - and skip to the end for a look at the $600 I just stole off the missus for the paint job.

Sure, there's a lot I am missing out ...

You know the BEST - the VERY BEST mod of them all, that no one else will tell you just yet......

BUY A BLOODY FAIRMONT EF THAT HAS HAD IT'S MOTOR TRASHED (or whatever) FOR PARTS. This should cost $400. You can sell parts and make money (I made plenty on mine) and use the Fairmont parts to upgrade your entire interior whilst you're at it.

Also means you have two exhuasts to chop up and play with and if you're lucky you may even find a wreck with a different diff ratio and LSD!

Having a second car also means if you're new to cars, like me, you can pull one to bits to see how it works, and not worry about destroying your daily drive.

All good man, good luck with it.

(ps - am well known for typing too much... and I should have stopped a paragraph or two ago....

CAM CHANGES DO NO GOOD ON AN EF....

Hahahahahaahahha. That takes the cake... The real nice lumpy noise you hear at the lights and the smooth pickup from 3000rpm isn't because of your mufflers being removed...!

And that, Mr $1700 to spend on an EF, is that.

Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Thanks for the help guys and thanks fiend for all the info, really helped.
Suppose the best place is to get parts from pick a part, but the number of times i have been there they dont really have much. I think ill just give some wreckers a call.

Build Thread:

Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Boxcar Love

QLD, Australia

fiend wrote:

CAM CHANGES DO NO GOOD ON AN EF....

Hahahahahaahahha. That takes the cake... The real nice lumpy noise you hear at the lights and the smooth pickup from 3000rpm isn't because of your mufflers being removed...!

Bahaha, thats gold fiend. I lol'd

Commodore australia's favorite car??? What a load of s**t

Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:57 pm 
Oompa Loompa

NSW, Australia

fiend wrote:
Since you're on a budget... Don't go buying s**t real quick. Just hold your horses and keep going around the wreckers... I've managed quite a bit for a grand $NZ including...

As above, what ever you decide to do, your money will go much, much further if you can do the work yourself and buy second hand (forum, wreckers, trading post, ebay)

Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:08 pm 

Ride: Drives Like Fun

Power: 318 rwkw

Location: Melbourne Interior: Cappucino Exterior: Sparkling Burgundy
VIC, Australia

WILD_EB & PIMP_LTD - keep the personal stuff to PMs

shazza9275 - perhaps do a bit of reading / research on here - so you know what you are *actually* spending your hard earned on. There is PLENTY on these forums to tell you nearly anything and everything about your car.

Try to narrow a few things down a bit - ie what you want and what is achieveable on your budget and P plater restrictions etc.

Vic Cruises & Events

Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:11 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Yeah i have been looking around on ebay and some wreckers for the parts o need/want. i have had some luck but im not to sure what i should to about an exhaust system i found on ebay... im going to post a new topic on it hoping that people can help me out with it.

Build Thread:

Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:33 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EFII 5.8 NOS TerroristGhia

Power: 274 rwkw

NSW, Australia

My suggestion would be an advanced driver course. Then a suspension make over.
Learn to drive first and get you car to handle better than a barge on wheels. As a P plater this will draw less attention to yourself, and will help lower your insurance premium. Plus it is nicer to drive a well set up handling car.

The order i would reccomend for anyone doing a car is this.
1 Suspension
2 Decent tyres/Brakes
3 exhaust
4 engine
5 interior
6 cosmetics/paint.

This will give you a nicer car to own and will be a pleasure to drive, plus it can be done in stages as the money becomes available.

Brett

The Terrorist ED Retired due to RUST.
The TerrosistGhia, EF Ghia 351 EFI 5 Speed.
Millennium Falcon, Sleeper EL DOHC 6 Speed Manual EFI LPG
Member#1131
I didn't Vote for Multiculturalism, DID YOU!!!

Posted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Yeah I've heard about those driving courses wasnt to sure if they were worth it but now that you have suggested it i might considered doing it.

Build Thread:

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next