Fordmods Logo

2003 Falcon BA XT Flash Tune 

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Post subject: 2003 Falcon BA XT Flash Tune
Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:22 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: Ford Falcon BA XT

VIC, Australia

I don't know much about this, nor can I find that much info.

If anyone has a 2003 Ford Falcon XT that they've Flash tuned, or something. Let me know

I want to know what difference it makes in the end.

Post subject: Re: 2003 Falcon BA XT Flash Tune
Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: AUII XR6 Uterus

NSW, Australia

Not alot if you don't have any other mods. You need to list what mods have been done to you're car/do them before getting a tune to tie them all in. A flash is the last part of modding a car after the mechanical mods ie: exhaust, cai, underdrives, cam(s) (in you're case not so relevant)

There is some power to be had by increasing timing a little for premium fuels etc but it's cheaper in the long run to do all other mods first then spend money on dyno time.

BA's aren't like EA's that run really rich etc, there is really not alot of room for improvement tune wise when stock unless it's a turbo. Even then you change mechanicals (everything above +wastegate etc) before the tune.

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution.

Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:36 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

I'm sorting everything out hahaha, learning what to do. I've got what I want, MOD wise (Slowly building it up, I just got a Air intake, to begin with)

Just wondering on what else and how it'll effect things. Just general enquiries.

Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BA XR6

NSW, Australia

my cars not tuned... yet, but essentially it is used to tie your mods in together. as a general overview apart from the obvious power increase tuning will also give you better economy and if your tune also plays with the auto the car will shift quicker.
it just makes things better :lol:

as also said do your mods first, ive done the typhoon intake & exhaust, im now waiting on a group buy to start so i can get my sniper tuner :twisted:

BA XR6
Performance mods: typhoon + territory pipe with K&N filter, full exhaust, BPR generic tune, lowered, xr6t front brakes, territory rear brakes
Visual mods: 19" rim, lower grill mesh, oil pressure and vacuum gauges, engine bay lighting, foot well lights
some of my main mods

Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:38 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Well, I have the Typhoon Intake, and I am going to save up to get a full system... Whatever it is... Starts at the Intake, ends at the back... I think it's cool air, extractor, Underdrive, and then twin 2'5 at the back

I'll lower it, get the dint out of the back right and clean it
HERE HAS A PICTURE

(It's got the power of my cousins old XR6 on a good day,and that car used to GO - good day = today, yesterday, and about 4 months ago... it doesn't do it often) - I think the engine was tweaked back in it's prime time (back in 2003-05 area, but that tweak has long became unstable.) resulting in different sounds all the time, and different performance rate, alternating between AMAZING, and just s**t...

HERE, HAVE A PICTURE OF MY CAR!!!!

Attachments:
File comment: CAR OF AWESOMNESS

CAN NEVER BEAT THE COLOUR!

My car.jpg
My car.jpg [ 426.74 KiB | Viewed 291 times ]

Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:06 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

b series and beyond XR6 and XT have same power output, only difference in the BA between the two (straight line driving) is the diff gears. from my experience unless your hunting for the top end of power out of the NA 6, you dont need anything better then typhoon and K&N for intake. how do i know?
ive had 4 intake set ups,
1. typhoon
2. pod not enclosed
3. pod enclosed
4. growler

the growler, typhoon and enclosed pod were pretty much the same as each other, the pod by itself was worse. in the end i sold the growler and put the typhoon set up back in because i preferred hearing my zorst noise not the BURRRRR of the growler. plus it helps keep the engine bay look stock in case the cops want to look under the hood.

BA XR6
Performance mods: typhoon + territory pipe with K&N filter, full exhaust, BPR generic tune, lowered, xr6t front brakes, territory rear brakes
Visual mods: 19" rim, lower grill mesh, oil pressure and vacuum gauges, engine bay lighting, foot well lights
some of my main mods

Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:09 am 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

The XT and XR6 are the same car, if their model is the same. My XT can outrun the Xr6 2003 model, due to lightness of car I guess.

I have a Typhoon filter HAHAHA

and what do you mean top end power?? sorry to sound completely useless here... but the Typhoon Intake along will increase power/acceleration?

makes it sound deep as well? hahahahhaa sorry about that, I'm not exactly car savvy at the moment.

Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:54 am 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Just so I don't end up killing myself, I'll get a Mechanic mate to fix it up for me. Whenever I can get around to that.

Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

ahh my fault for my s**t terminology lol probably should have re-worded "top end power" what i ment was unless your chasing big power out of the car (200+rwkw's), the typhoon with K&N filter set up is as good as all you really need (p.s. if someone wants to prove me wrong with this go ahead).

also :lol: the weight difference between an XR6 and XT would be so minimal it wouldn't mean anything remotely significant. and seeing as the diff gears in a XT are 3.23 and a XR6 is 3.43, the XR6 in theory has quicker acceleration, so the XR6 should be about to outrun you by a slight amount.

BA XR6
some of my main mods

Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:15 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

This car has a f**k gas converter in it.. but no switch... someone has had this on gas... but...... no way of using it.... that's f**k s**t, I can't get an Air intake at the risk of f**k up the cars ability to run.

Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:58 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 2004 Ford Falcon Ba

VIC, Australia

Hey mate besides still learning about cars and interested in the same smiler thing trying to work out what to do next on my car but i can help you a bit, I have a Duel fuel Ba falcon and iv got the typhoon air intake i was warned it might not like it, but i haven't had any issues with my gas involving to much air flow, few other issues with gas cause its just a pain in the a** but yea, No K&N filter yet though, Also willing to take advice for any extra mods you guys can suggest. also have heard that extractors can f**k with the gas system can anyone confirm this for me? and is changing the diff really worth its cause iv only got a single pegger.

2004 BA Falcon Duel Fuel
- Typhoon air intake
- 2.5" Exhaust high flow cat

2004 BA Falcon Duel Fuel
- Typhoon air intake.
- 2.5" Exhaust with Hight flow cat.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 11 posts ]