Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: 5K to spend...
Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:31 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EF Falcon

QLD, Australia

fordman351 wrote:
I've seen complete BA XR6T engine and auto transmission conversions going on ebay for $3,500, a grand and a bit for a cooler, a few pipes and a tune to get it all going and bobs your uncle. I reckon you could do that for a smidge under $5,000.

That's probably the hardcore option, otherwise there have been some good suggestions, ie: get a fresher SOHC engine and slap a Snort turbo kit onto it. But then you're going to need injectors and aftermarket ECU PLUS everything else to go with it. Kinda makes the BA XR6T engine conversion not so hardcore :D

yeah, but as seen in your conversion, most of the problems (read: extra cost) arise with the ecu side of things, not the mechanical. i spose it would all depend on how savvy you are and how much you can DIY... :?

Nicco's M112 Blown, T-56 equipped EF
forums/viewtopic.php?t=68319

Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:38 am 
Getting Side Ways

badcooky wrote:
FordFairmont wrote:
sell the car, and put all the money towards a BA/BF turbo

Ouch.

well BA turbo's are going for dirt cheap these days, and buying one will take the costs & headaches out of trying to get the turbo engineered and road legal.

from what ive seen with turbo e-series, its never the case of "drive away, no more to pay" lol

Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:15 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Ba XR8

ACT, Australia

thanks for the suggestions guys... Just for those that have been reading... the car is manual already with a new clutch, I have already done suspension and new slotted brakes... I'm in the middle of rebuilding the interior... lots going on there..... exterior of the car is fairly clean... I'm going to re-spray it soon enough...

has new wheels and tyres... oh and I forgot to mention the clutch is new too, well 16k old...

does anyone know... if I decided to go a little nuts with the bank and the loan... will an F6 engine fit?

MIX68U Now living in the ACT!

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2