Fordmods Logo

'88 EA GL wagon and $2000 

Page 2 of 3 [ 41 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

your going to regret keeping the EA. it's almost a 20 year old car. and it with out a doubt the worst E series car ford every built.

i'm telling you sell it and buy some thing worth spending money on.

but then if you want to waste your money on hunk of s**t with wheels, nothing we say will change your mind.

Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: Ford FPV FG F6 310

Power: 149 rwkw

QLD, Australia

i sold a clean ed fairmont for $3600, you'd be able to pick up a gli for around 2500-3000 in clean condish.

NEW RIDE - FPV FG F6 6spd Auto. 12.26@114MPH, 1.88 60FT on Cheapy Tyres with 38PSI - Stock except K&N filter!

R.I.P. BF XR6 Turbo - You will not be forgotten :( 12.06@120MPH

Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: Ford FPV FG F6 310

Power: 149 rwkw

QLD, Australia

hey tickford_6, what the hell is dis-4 in ur sig?

NEW RIDE - FPV FG F6 6spd Auto. 12.26@114MPH, 1.88 60FT on Cheapy Tyres with 38PSI - Stock except K&N filter!

R.I.P. BF XR6 Turbo - You will not be forgotten :( 12.06@120MPH

Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 2000 Au wagon

NSW, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
your going to regret keeping the EA. it's almost a 20 year old car. and it with out a doubt the worst E series car ford every built.

but then if you want to waste your money on hunk of s**t with wheels, nothing we say will change your mind.

ah gee wizz nothing EVER goes wrong with an ed, ef or el does it,,nor an au or ba thats for bloody sure aye mate. name a new australian built car that has never ever had a problem.

wake up and realise not every body can buy a newer car just because you think there current one is s**t,,where would you be if the ea's were never built,cause you wouldn't have your precious bloody ef's and el's would you,, theres nothing wrong with an ea if it's had the bugs fixed and is well maintained,,i'd like to see how good your car is in 20 years,,they were all built by the same company after all,so the same d**k that built the ea also built your precious chunk of metal.

Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:50 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

I think tickford 6's point is, alot of the EA's problems were fixed in the EB-ED, and it would be cheaper to just upgrade to one of these cars rather then d**k around fixing the EA.
Especially with how cheap EB-ED's are today.

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

saying a car is s**t because of problems the originals had is out right tunnel vision.

so there was a change of engine,eec5 and a few electronic bits added,,so what,i still see just as many el and ef's at the wreckers plus a lot of ed's as well. the dash in my ea is from a ed wagon.

i can just see in about 10 years people will be saying the same thing about the eb,ed,ef,el,au and ba's as well. no car is perfect as this web site is a testament to it.

just remember they were all made by ford

and if i had my time again 3 years ago i would not of bought an e series car at all..but i did and it's had the normal things replaced and now it is running good,no idle problems(how about the el and ef's out there)the auto is good and strong,no diff noises,it's more comfortable than my bro in-laws ef and its as original on the outside as it can be,except for the clear indicators.

if other people don't like my car then so be it,i don't care as it is mine.

Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA Fairlane Ghia

WA, Australia

If you have a later EA, not to bad, earlier ones are s**t, had so many probs, but maybe they were fixed, EB is heaps better, all round, my old man sold his, on gas, for 2600, still ran great, personally upgrade, any car you find will have something wrong, as long as it aint mechanical, easy fixed.

Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

keep an eye out at Fowles Auctions (http://www.fowles.com.au/auctions/auctionList.aspx?office=AU40) in Brisbane for wrecked EB on Falcons, they generally go for around $500-$2500

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

bowsaw wrote:
If you have a later EA, not to bad, earlier ones are s**t, had so many probs, but maybe they were fixed, EB is heaps better, all round, my old man sold his, on gas, for 2600, still ran great, personally upgrade, any car you find will have something wrong, as long as it aint mechanical, easy fixed.

basicly summed up what i was trying to say in a few words there. :roll:

every car will have problems so stop picking on the EA's. they were completely new except for the chassis so there were bound to be problems. :!:

i'd like to see some people here try a build a brand new car and have no problems at all.. :evil: :twisted:

Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 9:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

naughtyfalcon wrote:
tickford_6 wrote:

ah gee wizz nothing EVER goes wrong with an ed, ef or el does it,,nor an au or ba thats for bloody sure aye mate. name a new australian built car that has never ever had a problem.

wake up and realise not every body can buy a newer car just because you think there current one is s**t,,where would you be if the ea's were never built,cause you wouldn't have your precious bloody ef's and el's would you,, theres nothing wrong with an ea if it's had the bugs fixed and is well maintained,,i'd like to see how good your car is in 20 years,,they were all built by the same company after all,so the same d**k that built the ea also built your precious chunk of metal.

your talking to the wrong person about how good or bad any car is.

being a mechanic i see them all. It puts me in a good position to know what to avoid. I stand by what i said, the EA's not just the early ones are nothing but big piles of s**t with wheels on the sides.
the engines are harsh and under powered. the 3 speeds shift like s**t.
they constanly break down, have cooling problems interior is out dated and and the seats might as well be made of rock.

and in this case the guy actualy has enough money to buy something better.

it makes no sence at all to keep an 88 CPI 3 speed EA when you could sell it put the $1000 with the cash he has and get into a late EB that comes with a roadworthy cert.

oh yeah and befor you go off again and tell me i cant tell him to get a newer car because you think there is nothing wrong with an EA, HE ASKED EVERY FOR AN OPINION. i gave mine and most people tend to agree he is better off with a newer that he more then has the money to buy

Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:20 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: falcon

SA, Australia

correct me if i'm wrong, but wouldn't a 4.0l and 4spd auto fix most of the ea probs anyway? and to be honest, who would buy an ea cfi 3spd for $1000.
might as well fix it!

i cant be bothered thinking of something to write here

Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

and i gave my opinion,its up to the person in the end.

if it's easier for them to keep and fix what they have then so be it,don't go bagging them for it.

and they'd be lucky to get a few hundred dollars for what they have so they would still need more money which they may or may not have.

just because it's easier for you to change cars don't mean it's easier for others.

i won't be in a position to buy another car for four years so i have to keep what i have running and keep it in good nick.

how much do you think my ea which is in my sig thing would get as a trade in on another 2nd hand car,i already know ,just wondering what the experts think

Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

wardy0 wrote:
correct me if i'm wrong, but wouldn't a 4.0l and 4spd auto fix most of the ea probs anyway? and to be honest, who would buy an ea cfi 3spd for $1000.
might as well fix it!

no it would only fix the problems with the engine an box and would cost the $2000 he has to spend. he would then be left with good engine and box and s**t car around them.

no mater what way you look at it, it makes no sence to keep an 88 EA when you can afford to buy a better car. hell that better car doesn't even have to be a falcon or a ford for that mater. all it has to be is not an EA

Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:36 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: falcon

SA, Australia

but by looking around, u can buy a wrecked eb-ed for under $500. then you have everything you need.
i have an xf ute that the motor died on, so i got a eb wrecked for next to nothing, swapped the gear i needed over, and there you have it, a reliable car again. problem solved. no surprise problems like when buying another car.

i cant be bothered thinking of something to write here

Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

naughtyfalcon wrote:
and i gave my opinion,its up to the person in the end.

if it's easier for them to keep and fix what they have then so be it,don't go bagging them for it.

and they'd be lucky to get a few hundred dollars for what they have so they would still need more money which they may or may not have.

just because it's easier for you to change cars don't mean it's easier for others.

i won't be in a position to buy another car for four years so i have to keep what i have running and keep it in good nick.

how much do you think my ea which is in my sig thing would get as a trade in on another 2nd hand car,i already know ,just wondering what the experts think

wait for the $2000 min trade sale at nissan in townsville. buy any one of there new or used cars...........

the other way of getting a better car cheap is keep an eye out at car yards for trade ins and buy them befor they get whole saled or fixed for the lot...

i got my EF2 XR6 manual with full options for $6500 when they where selling in car yards for close to $16000 i'm sure you could get a half clean eb or ed for under $2000 if you were willing to try..

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next