Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: 94 ef falcon won't idle at all
Posted: Mon May 23, 2011 8:15 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: ford falcon 94 ef

New Zealand

hi guys.

First time user.

I have a falcon 94 ef I think, fuel injected auto. It won't idle on start up or when at a set of lights, but runs fine otherwise.

I have replaced the following over the last few months:

Coil pack
plugs (3 days ago)
leads
harmonic balancer

Took it to Ford on friday & they put another idle speed motor on it, but it did not change.
I have since cleaned mine out but still no change.

Any ideas or it goes back to Ford for another check up.

David

Post subject: Re: 94 ef falcon won't idle at all
Posted: Tue May 24, 2011 6:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

QLD, Australia

The idle control in the ECU is known to pack up in those - I think there's some mention of it at the Fueltronics site.

So next step would be to try another ECU in it - and I'm actually surprised Ford didn't already try that...

- hmmm - then again maybe I'm not surprised at all - the fellow who owned my ED from new (up until he traded it and I subsequently bought it) had spent about 18 months using a Ford coutesy car - a Camry believe it or not - because the ED spent most of that time at the dealership while they tried to fix an ongoing issue with the engine stopping when attempting to accelerate from standstill. Ford gave up and he got the s**t and traded it on a Camry station wagon.

I came along and bought that ED from the secondhand yard and sure enough it quit on me a few times during the first two days I had it. So I lifted the bonnet with the engine running and poked around and discovered it quit when I poked at the big round EFI loom plug at back of the manifold. I opened up the plug, sprayed it out with contact cleaner and snapped it back together and it didn't miss a beat after that.

FORD MEKANIX HAD SPENT 18 MONTHS AND FAILED TO FIX SOMETHING I FOUND AND FIXED IN 5 MINUTES!!!!

Sold the Greenmachine - now driving 2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]