'99 AU Falcon XR6 Radiator / Coolant Drain Advice: 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: '99 AU Falcon XR6 Radiator / Coolant Drain Advice:
Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:24 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: AU Falcon XR6 VCT

NSW, Australia

Hello, all.

Bit of a noobish question here for a forum topic, alas I'm not all too familiar with the layout of my vehicle over other Ford models around - so it's best to ask if anyone else already knows how to help.

My vehicle is a 1999 AU1 XR6, and I've noticed in the last week I need to replace the coolant in the car from starting to dip under the Min level. Thing is, I haven't had to change it yet since I bought it about 3 years back, so naturally I'll have to do a full flush of the coolant system before adding the new stuff I've already picked up for it.

Long story short; I've noticed it doesn't have a stop-C**k tap on it, looking all over underneath the car, and I've never had to undo the hose itself on a Ford to drain the radiator and coolant tank beforehand. I've had a look online already, but neither web articles or Youtube has a video / photograph walkthrough of how to do it all on my model; getting the hose off and emptying the system, and refitting to put the water/cleaner flush through before the new coolant.

Anyone able to give me a walkthrough, with possible photos or a short clip of how to get the hose undone to drain it all? It would be most appreciated!

Cheers. ~

- EDIT: -

Knew it was a bit of a noobish thing to ask to start with, lol, but glad to say I've had the solution appear for itself to me, finding that it actually did have a nut to undo as the drainage plug just above the radiator guard. So all's good now; thread has been amended. ~

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]