Fordmods Logo

About the different ford 6's and engine retrofit information 

Page 13 of 17 [ 251 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Post subject: Re: About the different ford 6's and engine retrofit information
Posted: Sat May 16, 2009 6:36 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

KWIKXR wrote:
Bibbs wrote:
Cheers mate for that,

but i mainly need to know lol if i was to bolt a xr6 head from a e-series or au would
i get the same amount of power as i would if i just slaped in a complete xr engine?

sorry lol if my post was a little confusing.

THX THO! :lol:

Id say no, you wouldnt get the exact same power as an XR6 by just changing the head, you'll also need the XR6 cam, 300kpa fuel reg and xr6 ecu to bring it up to where the xr6 is

yea thats true..
i would just go after the xr6 head,
instead of chasing the xr ecu and fuel reg spend that money on a regrind cam and you will end up with more power than a std xr anyway..

Posted: Sat May 16, 2009 7:02 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: eb

VIC, Australia

Cheers mate,

i was still thinking of changing the ecu and fuel reg, but i was just making sure it would fit, lol
im hunting down a AU xr6 head i have the fuel reg and ecu from a smashed xr(sadly the engine
copped the grunt of the smash and is no good), from what ive read that the AU xr6 is non - VCT??

any help with this sorta stuff would be very useful!
THX VERY MUCH!!

Posted: Sat May 16, 2009 7:42 pm 

NSW, Australia

the au xr6 has both non vct and vct..

Posted: Sat May 16, 2009 8:09 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

awesome and thx heaps guys!

Posted: Sat May 16, 2009 8:48 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

awesome and thx heaps guys!

Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:21 am 
Smokin em up

Ride: EA, EB GT kit, AU XR6 HP engine

QLD, Australia

Hey everyone, new here. Came over here from AFF. I have some questions about putting an AU XR6 HP engine into my EA which was CFI.

Firstly I'll give you some background on the car, it has 115,000 K's on it and unfortunately a heater hose blew when I was in the middle of nowhere and it overheated.

I still have the 3.9 CFI engine and I'll be keeping it to rebuild as a spare.

I heard that it was possible to drop in an AUXR6 engine and so I bought an AU XR6 HP engine and transmission with loom and ECU with 134,000 KM on it for $1000 which is cheaper than the quote to do a headgasket on the 3.9 was.

Now my mate (who is the brains behind the operation) and I have taken the engine and tranny out of the EA and the next step is to modify the cross member and drop the engine in, which is easy obviously.

We've started routing the AU loom/fusebox and whatever into the EA and my friend found a problem, all of the interior part of the EA loom needs to plug into a section of the AU loom to go to the ECU, but the plugs to plug the interior loom to the AU loom is different and we don't have an interior loom out of an AU to put in (and the accessories are probably different so IDK if it would even work).

So we need to know how to overcome this and I really have no idea because wiring up a head unit is a hard task as far as I'm concerned lol, electronics aren't my thing.

FAILING that is it possible to use an EA MPFI loom, an EA MPFI computer and an EA MPFI intake plenum/fuel rail etc? Or are the settings of the engine and the fact that it uses coil packs instead of a distributor not going to allow that to work?

If that can't work, how can I get the wiring to work? I am really pulling my hair out as my car's been out of action for a while now and I need it to get to school (I'm on my red P's) as I live 50 KM's from school and travel over 100 K's a day.

Thanks in advance.

BTW, this is a great looking forum and this thread is an awesome source of information!

EA Fairmont, EB GT kit w/o wing, AU XR6 HP engine, 17's lol Buy it
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... 0628130825

Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:25 am 

NSW, Australia

hi..
i found it easier to use the ea mpfi loom and el ecu using a dizzy..

here is a link
documents.php?d=85

it probably needs to be updated but should give the info needed

Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:17 am 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EA Falcon S

SA, Australia

[deleted]

Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:23 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford XG

VIC, Australia

g'day
i'm wondering if anyone has put a ba engine into an xg? from what i can gather it will fowl on the k-frame and require some bonnet modifying. my idea is to use a ba engine, transmission, loom and ecu. As the ecu requires inputs from the BEM and climate control i plan to retrofit in a ba climate control behind my existing dash and also install all of the BEM components. I also plan on retrofitting a ba instrument cluster and steering wheel(-airbag). does anyone have any thoughts on if the climate control will fit or how many BEM components there are? i gather there would be a few sensors and linear actuators? basically i figure if i use pretty much all of the ba electricals it should work.

Ewen

Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:21 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: 1992 EB Fairmont

VIC, Australia

First off I will apologise I hope this is an ok to post this. My eb II engine is gone and I am going to drop in an au motor, I am going to use the original intake manifold etc and I know I have to drop in a dizzy, I got all that down. What is worrying me and I cant get a definate answer is the belts etc, I would like to go with the serp belt since I am going to the trouble but I dont know exactley what parts I need I know I will need a new a/c compressor, ps and alt but which car should it come from and will it plum straight up to the eb hoses and wiring, These are the questions im stuck on so if anyone hase any input it would be very much appriciated.

Thanks

Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EB1 Fairmont Ghia T5 Wagon

NSW, Australia

You will need an XH belt tensioner if you plan to use the ED Log Intake Manifold.

It is possible to space out the a/c compressor using half lengths of the EL a/c spacers and use the normal belt tensioner.

You will need and EF or EL a/c compressor, and yes the EB a/c piping does bolt up. You just need to bend the a/c pipe slightly after attaching so it doesn't hit the air box.

For an alternator, source one from an EF or EL, and I believe the AU alt can be made to work too.

I would however strongly recommend you use the BBM style manifold as it will be easier in the end, and is a much better option from a driveability standpoint.

Cheers
BenJ

BenJ's EB T5 DOHC Ghia Wagon - Current Ride
BenJ's EB GL Sedan - Previous Ride
My respect and thanks go to - snap0964, Paulmac, SWC and MRE-50L

Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:22 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

Thanks benj very helpfull

I assume I would need to use a el ps pump too ? Also with the brackets for the alternator and and ps pump do I just use the au ones ?

Also I assume if I use a el bbm I dont need to have the xh tensioner I can just use the AU one ?

Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EB1 Fairmont Ghia T5 Wagon

NSW, Australia

maca_404 wrote:
Thanks benj very helpfull

No Probs Mate!!!

maca_404 wrote:
I assume I would need to use a el ps pump too ? Also with the brackets for the alternator and and ps pump do I just use the au ones ?

You will need an EF/EL/AU power steering pump. The AU bracket can be modded to fit the EF/EL alt or use an EF/EL bracket.

maca_404 wrote:
Also I assume if I use a el bbm I dont need to have the xh tensioner I can just use the AU one ?

Correct.

BenJ

BenJ's EB T5 DOHC Ghia Wagon - Current Ride
BenJ's EB GL Sedan - Previous Ride
My respect and thanks go to - snap0964, Paulmac, SWC and MRE-50L

Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:37 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

This should be the relevent section I hope, I have the engine and parts about to do au to eb conversion but just need some help identifying some stuff on the au motor as I dont have a manual, There are two "sensors" on the front which I dont know what they are and also there is one on the back of the head which I have nfi what it does. If anyone can let me know what these are that would be great I just need to know whether I need to do anything with them or not.

Thanks Again

Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:41 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: ED XR6, AUII XR8

VIC, Australia

The two plugs on the front are the cam ange and crank angle sensor, both are for the coil pack so they won't be doing much if you use a distributor. The plug on the back of the head is the engine temp sensor, i'm pretty sure you can remove it cause it uses water-less sensing, but you might as well leave it so crap doesnt get in.

ED XR6, LeMans Red, 5-Speed
AUII XR8, Silhouette, 5-Speed

Sort by  
 Page 13 of 17  [ 251 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next