Fordmods Logo

ACL heatshield over pacemaker 4490's 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: ACL heatshield over pacemaker 4490's
Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:09 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 2004 Ba Xr6

VIC, Australia

I've got pacemaker 4490 extractors on my 2004 ba falcon and i wana put another heatshield over the top just so cops dont get to see with their eyes my extractors cause ill get my license back in about 8months time but i know ill get harrassed ..soo i got a ACL heatshield which i can mould around the extractors ... Ive moulded it so far and cut a square peice out so the two hoses on the firewall can fit into it perfectly but ive got a question about the heatshield..It has a way for the heat to escape very easily but the only part touching really is the top of the extractors to the heatsheild with is of course where the bolts go then as it runs off the side of the extractors it gets a inch or two gap which hot air can escape and wont cook the s*** out of the heatshield..im assuming this should be fine yep?..Still gotta get another square piece the size of a hand to cut out and extend onto the heatshield then fit it onto the triangle sized metal part on the car next to the steering rack because that little bit of the extractors will still be exposed but ill attach onto the heatshield then cut a piece out to fit around the steering rack and then screw it into that triangle metal piece of the vehicle that way the entire extractors cannot be seen unless under the car. 8-) thoughts about the heat people? Im pretty sure the stock manifold heatshield always touched on TOP of the extractors but cleared the sides aswell, correct me if im wrong though been ages since ive had em on.

Post subject: Re: ACL heatshield over pacemaker 4490's
Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:36 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: AU Wagon 4.0L

QLD, Australia

most of the heat should dissipate under the car while you are driving, via hitting the firewall and negative pressure under the bonnet sucking it out or by the thermo fans. I still have the stock header on my AU and the heat shield only touches where its mounted, as if was in contact all the time, the heat shield wouldn't work efficiently and with vibration, would eventually wear holes in it. I think it is a good idea to install the heat shield, not only to keep the cops off your back if they have a peep under ya bonnet, but also to keep heat away from various components such as brake master cylinder etc.

My cars don't advertise for Unit, Metal Mulisha, Loosekid Industries, Inverted, Famous stars & straps crap, R.M. Williams, Fusion, DC Shoes or the Transformers.

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:27 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 2004 Ba Xr6

VIC, Australia

mick au2 wrote:
most of the heat should dissipate under the car while you are driving, via hitting the firewall and negative pressure under the bonnet sucking it out or by the thermo fans. I still have the stock header on my AU and the heat shield only touches where its mounted, as if was in contact all the time, the heat shield wouldn't work efficiently and with vibration, would eventually wear holes in it. I think it is a good idea to install the heat shield, not only to keep the cops off your back if they have a peep under ya bonnet, but also to keep heat away from various components such as brake master cylinder etc.

yeah i put the heatshield i made up yesterday onto the car and it looks pretty stock under the bonnet except how ive sprayed the engines plastic DOHC blueprint blue and the airbox & hose in a cleaner black..other then that it looks factory..Where the 6 bolts are ive actually left a inch of overhang so ive wrapped the heatshield over the top of the extractors bolt area so u also cannot see the blue from the top unless u peel the metal back and i wouldnt be letting anyone do that..only way u can see extractors its if you poke ur head down the side of the engine bay and i dont think many cops would like to bother doing that lol..if they see a little bit of blue ill just say yeah i sprayed them blue aswell to match my car :lol: then again u may get a cluey cop one day but overall most dont give two sh**s about extractors, only wankers with loud exhausts who drag off the lights.. :wink: should be all good now.

Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:02 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: AU Wagon 4.0L

QLD, Australia

sweet mate, glad it has all worked out, I know we all like to have an awesome looking engine bay with heaps of bling but sometimes its wise to have a sleeper, unmolested look but knowing what lurks beneath is a tyre frying weapon.

My cars don't advertise for Unit, Metal Mulisha, Loosekid Industries, Inverted, Famous stars & straps crap, R.M. Williams, Fusion, DC Shoes or the Transformers.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]