Fordmods Logo

Air intake items 

 

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

 
 Post subject: Air intake items
Posted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 629

Joined: 15th Dec 2008

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Turbo EL

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

Hey guys i saw on ebay these two items

i was wondering if you could help me out... are either of them worth the money...? And will it make any difference.

I know the fan one that places into the air duct will fit an EL 98
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Ford-Supercharge ... 240%3A1318

But as for this next item im not to sure if it will fit in the EL...
I was more captured by this one as it was operated electronically so it didnt have to solely depend on any air being feed in to operate it unlike the one above.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Turbo-Supercharg ... 240%3A1318



Thanks :)

 

_________________

Build Thread:
1998 Turbo EL Futura Sapphire

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 4326

Joined: 30th Oct 2006

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: Envi EF

Location: Grafton
NSW, Australia

LOL.

 

_________________

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 629

Joined: 15th Dec 2008

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Turbo EL

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

krisisdog wrote:
LOL.


yea good on ya pal fantastic help

 

_________________

Build Thread:
1998 Turbo EL Futura Sapphire

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:50 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 11739

Joined: 17th May 2005

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

B Bear...don't waste your money. It is stupid and probably doesn't even improve performance, rather restricts the air flow.

I suggest you spend your money on real mods which have been proven. For an odd $45 bucks, you're better off buying a larger air snorkel which will give you better response and real performance.

I do not know if the item is a plug and play...and I'm sure you can make it fit.

phong =P~

 

_________________

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 33

Posts: 6746

Joined: 13th Mar 2006

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: NCII Fairlane

Location: Bathurst
NSW, Australia

B Bear wrote:
krisisdog wrote:
LOL.


yea good on ya pal fantastic help


LOL again.

they are a joke. they are essentially a small motor with a fan some thing like a PC ecu fan. has 2 speeds on and off. here i hope you read this

http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopi ... percharger

http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopi ... percharger

 

_________________

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 629

Joined: 15th Dec 2008

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Turbo EL

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

phongus wrote:
B Bear...don't waste your money. It is stupid and probably doesn't even improve performance, rather restricts the air flow.

I suggest you spend your money on real mods which have been proven. For an odd $45 bucks, you're better off buying a larger air snorkel which will give you better response and real performance.

I do not know if the item is a plug and play...and I'm sure you can make it fit.

phong =P~



Thanks mate

Yea i was looking at the snorkels and all that :) as you said the proven stuff.
Just wanted to see if this was worth it, but now i am being slowly turned off it.

 

_________________

Build Thread:
1998 Turbo EL Futura Sapphire

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 653

Joined: 2nd May 2006

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG G6E Turbo

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

edit

 

_________________

FG G6E Turbo
Grandpa Spec!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 629

Joined: 15th Dec 2008

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Turbo EL

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

Thanks for the help guys
looks like the money will be put to better use :D

a tank of petrol :lol:

 

_________________

Build Thread:
1998 Turbo EL Futura Sapphire

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:57 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 11739

Joined: 17th May 2005

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

B Bear wrote:
phongus wrote:
B Bear...don't waste your money. It is stupid and probably doesn't even improve performance, rather restricts the air flow.

I suggest you spend your money on real mods which have been proven. For an odd $45 bucks, you're better off buying a larger air snorkel which will give you better response and real performance.

I do not know if the item is a plug and play...and I'm sure you can make it fit.

phong =P~



Thanks mate

Yea i was looking at the snorkels and all that :) as you said the proven stuff.
Just wanted to see if this was worth it, but now i am being slowly turned off it.


Anything on EBAY that claims a ridiculous amount of power gain for about $50 - 100 is pretty fishy. Save your money and get an upgrade to your exhaust and intake and you'll never regret spending the money.

phong =P~

 

_________________

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 629

Joined: 15th Dec 2008

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Turbo EL

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

phongus wrote:
B Bear wrote:
phongus wrote:
B Bear...don't waste your money. It is stupid and probably doesn't even improve performance, rather restricts the air flow.

I suggest you spend your money on real mods which have been proven. For an odd $45 bucks, you're better off buying a larger air snorkel which will give you better response and real performance.

I do not know if the item is a plug and play...and I'm sure you can make it fit.

phong =P~



Thanks mate

Yea i was looking at the snorkels and all that :) as you said the proven stuff.
Just wanted to see if this was worth it, but now i am being slowly turned off it.


Anything on EBAY that claims a ridiculous amount of power gain for about $50 - 100 is pretty fishy. Save your money and get an upgrade to your exhaust and intake and you'll never regret spending the money.

phong =P~



Yea always looks to good to be true.
Ive already spent some money on extractors, cat and exhaust just got to install it now 8-)

 

_________________

Build Thread:
1998 Turbo EL Futura Sapphire

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 629

Joined: 15th Dec 2008

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Turbo EL

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

Froudey wrote:
B Bear wrote:
krisisdog wrote:
LOL.


yea good on ya pal fantastic help


LOL again.

they are a joke. they are essentially a small motor with a fan some thing like a PC ecu fan. has 2 speeds on and off. here i hope you read this

http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopi ... percharger

http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopi ... percharger



Thanks Froudey
i read over it and ill keep it all in mind :)

 

_________________

Build Thread:
1998 Turbo EL Futura Sapphire

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 6449

Joined: 11th Nov 2004

this thread is a crime against common sense.

 

_________________

PERMANENTLY BANNED

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 629

Joined: 15th Dec 2008

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Turbo EL

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

Oh well ive built up my knowledge on this stuff and it wont be asked again.....

 

_________________

Build Thread:
1998 Turbo EL Futura Sapphire

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 887

Joined: 8th Aug 2006

Ride: Falcon

Location: Central Highlands
QLD, Australia

Those EBAY superchargers are actually Marine exhaust/bilge extraction blowers.

http://www.whitworths.com.au/main_itemdetail.asp?item=9003&search123=blower&intAbsolutePage=1

 

_________________

97 EL Fairmont 4l OHC .Silver.
Exhaust: Pacemaker's, 2.5" exhaust and Hiflow cat
Intake: FRAM AIRHOG , EL GT snorkel
XR6 300kpa fuel reg Stg 2 Auto Shift Kit.6DJA ECU
PM in Qld looking too buy Toyota 4*4 SR5 Dualcab Hilux 91-97 with 2.8l diesel engine/5spd manual

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:04 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline
User avatar

Age: 30

Posts: 60

Joined: 19th Jul 2006

Ride: Falcon UTE

Location: Annangrove
NSW, Australia

ive actually heard that the non powered one worked. my brothers friend put one in his mohommadore and said it worked. dont know about the specifics but ill talk to him the next time i see him. and get back to you guys

 

_________________

AUII Falcoon Ute
5spd, Lowered, 2 1/2in Exaust, Genie Headers, XR6 Turbo Intake Snorkel, Au Series 2 17in Tickford Rims

www.myspace.com/wazza13

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:59 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names