Fordmods Logo

alted STG 3 (bad stuff happend nice pics on page 7) 

Page 8 of 10 [ 137 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:38 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

s**t!! SOrry to hear dave!!! VERY sorry to hear. That sucks.

Well, Ive got a sound clip here after the cam went in my car... Just bear in mind I have an exhaust leak, and this was before we fixed the throttle sticking problem. So now, the idle is about the same, just a bit quicker..
just to settle some suspense. No dyno yet, and my luck isn't as bad as dc_todds here, but my box died straight after the cam (we were doing a test run on the stage 1 actually), and now 3rd and 4th gears aren't happy. But the stage3 does run, and it all fit, and you nca definately feel the difference. Recommended for sure.

Having a bit of trouble uploading, can someone host it?

Cheers

;++JustForDimSim++;

Cheap, fast and reliable.. choose 2.

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:47 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: EF

VIC, Australia

i hate it when people dont consider another cars speed when they want in your lane.
it has happened to me but i jumped into the emergency lane to brake.
what make it worse she tried to run ,one three wheels, doing that is prob what got her reamed by the cops.

good luck with your new car... perhaps you could buy fuzions? it is very nice???

latest mod: A Service
MY BUILD THREAD

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:57 pm 
ACT Cruise Moderator

Ride: '06 BF GT-P

Power: 293 rwkw

ACT, Australia

dc_todd wrote:
just cause you have a licence only means you have the privilege and responsibility to drive not the skills to drive.

Too many people forget that. It's not a right written in law that everyone gets to drive, it's a privilege that must be earned, and a responsibility to keep it.

Sad sad state your poor XR is in. I'm glad (and a little surprised) the cops have sided with you. So many times a rear-ender is written up cut and dry, black and white by the coppers/insurance.

1998 DL LTD in Sparkling Burgundy, daily, 302W, stereo, slow
2006 BF GT-P in Ego, mods. Supercharged 5.8L all alloy modular

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA Falcon EGas

WA, Australia

dc_todd wrote:
I'm glad (and a little surprised) the cops have sided with you. So many times a rear-ender is written up cut and dry, black and white by the coppers/insurance.

A $50 bribe goes a long way doesn't it?

BA Falcon Futura on EGas. Stock as...

EF 5 speed manual; PH 4480 Pacemaker Headers; 2 1/2" Lukey Mandrel Bent System; Hi Flow Walker Cat; Stage 3 Crow Cam; ChipTorque Chip; 3" Mandrel Bent Intake; K&N Pod Filter; Low Pedders Suspension; 17" EL GT Champagne Rims; RPM Series Clutch

Last edited by Smackdown on Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:22 pm 
NSW Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: TE50

NSW, Australia

it only cost you $50?? nah the cops were p****d cause she tried to run her story was so inconsistant.. like she says I was speeding, yet she didn't see me.. she says she was completly in my lane yet her skid marks begine ½ way in her own lane, she says she didn't try and leave yet she puts a gouge in the road 100m long. they threw the book at her.. my car sits in MY driveway as at tonight. not a happy way to see her but I would rather have her hear than getting pilfered elsewhere.

thanks for the support guys..

I have a car.

Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EL Futura

SA, Australia

Very very sad :(

But I may be able to post up some sound clips of this cam, as I should have mine in less than a week. Hopefully finding some time over xmas to put it in, and see if i can destroy my tyres! :)

5 Speed EL Futura
Stock as a rock*
A1 Oils - Synthetic lubricants: www.a1oils.com.au
* A rock that has been Alted

Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:14 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

not good dude.
sorry to hear.

probably not the right time to ask but if she does get written off completely and you get to keep her what parts are you keeping and what are you letting go?
sorry again dude

Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:14 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

so back on topic, what is the deal with this cam? going on a dyno or what? quarter mile? dont get me wrong, but you guys are always claiming "huge power" with nothing to back it up except seat of the pants opinions. Instead of offering your customers "cam testimonials" give us some hardcore fact. Dont take this the wrong way, i want one of these cams, but i would prefer some decent evidence of its performance rather than an opinion.

Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 9:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

GazzaED wrote:
so back on topic, what is the deal with this cam? going on a dyno or what? quarter mile? dont get me wrong, but you guys are always claiming "huge power" with nothing to back it up except seat of the pants opinions. Instead of offering your customers "cam testimonials" give us some hardcore fact. Dont take this the wrong way, i want one of these cams, but i would prefer some decent evidence of its performance rather than an opinion.

You get an extra 190rwkw on top of your standard engine with no mods at all. more rwkw then a turboed XR on 16psi. hehehe

I know what you mean......... some figures would be nice.

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 9:46 pm 
NSW Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: TE50

NSW, Australia

would have loved to have given figures but a bit behind the 8 ball at present.. I will be Back.. but in what is still to be decided.

I have a car.

Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:21 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 29 images

Ride: VU SS

NSW, Australia

GazzaED wrote:

In my thread about the Stage 1 I compared it to the Wade 1004, which is a very popular cam and there is a lot figures floating about in the forums (1/4 mile & dyno figures).
Dyno's are just useless to compare (vary too much), and being in Tamworth its a bit difficult to get to a 1/4 mile.

EF Fairmont now Sold!
Guides: Polishing|Modifications |Manual Conversion

Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 2:40 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: V8 T5 Fairmont & BA XR6T

NSW, Australia

Do you buy dyno figures when you get a crow, wade or sure cam? Even JMM quotes figures but has been off on several occasions. The 1/4 is where our proving ground will be and we have allready shown it by getting a 14.9 consistant and 14.7 best ET @ WSID with DC_Todds car running only the stg 1 cam and 2 1/2" cat back. The XR ended its life early and we will have another one done before long to show you what it can do. If Justfordima's car was able to engage 3rd & 4th we would probably be down at WSID this week but unfortunately due to circumstances we cant. Hornet is the next on the list so Im sure Adrian will be able to come through with the goods. Excuse my straight down the line approach but dyno figures are s**t. Its a f**k tuning tool not a comparitive measuring tool to be used against others in such variable conditions

Dima, Mitch & Jay's RPD

Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:28 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Jaysen wrote:
Do you buy dyno figures when you get a crow, wade or sure cam? Even JMM quotes figures but has been off on several occasions. The 1/4 is where our proving ground will be and we have allready shown it by getting a 14.9 consistant and 14.7 best ET @ WSID with DC_Todds car running only the stg 1 cam and 2 1/2" cat back. The XR ended its life early and we will have another one done before long to show you what it can do. If Justfordima's car was able to engage 3rd & 4th we would probably be down at WSID this week but unfortunately due to circumstances we cant. Hornet is the next on the list so Im sure Adrian will be able to come through with the goods. Excuse my straight down the line approach but dyno figures are s**t. Its a f**k tuning tool not a comparitive measuring tool to be used against others in such variable conditions

I agree!. if you compare the 1/4 times with a 185kw ba falcon, those times you mention above is darm good with a stage 1 cam & 1/2" cat back system.
dyno figures means nothing to me, time slips does.

I've heard that dyno's can be setup to simulate down hill slop, no load on the roller & rear wheels to gain the maximium rwkw readings.
Especially when you're marketing a new speed product. if you know what I mean..............................

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:20 am 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

Slips don't lie so lets use them to compare the cams all right but lets look at the Terminal speed. if you know the car models and weights pretty well which we do then the TS tells you more about the average power to weight of the car not just the peak output which you can get off the dyno or how well the car was driven on the day or how well set up for the drag strip it is withe gearing and tyres etc,

Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EL Futura

SA, Australia

I will take my car to Adelaide to have it run on the same dyno it was on 3 weeks ago. It should give us a rough idea of the power increase, but being on different days and different weather, it wont be able to be taken for the gospel.

As i have never run a 1/4mile at present, but had many runs down the 1/8th mile, I will be able to give you 1/8th mile and mph figures as soon as they have the next meeting up here.

My car at pressent has 126rwkw, and runs the 1/8th mile in 9.81 @ 73mph.

New cam should be going in on over xmas. If any one from Adelaide is interested I'll try to come down for the next cruise or dyno day and show people the cam and how it behaves. The SA demo car :)

5 Speed EL Futura
Stock as a rock*
A1 Oils - Synthetic lubricants: www.a1oils.com.au
* A rock that has been Alted

Sort by  
 Page 8 of 10  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next